Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
Crazy thing is 99% of kids when they draw, the finished product ends up looking like that lol

but wsg gonna be able to screen print that onto some hoodies call it “rare” and make a few thousand Dollars off it..

I gotta do something more productive with my life ..so much money to be made :wow:

It all relates to rap. You know if that came out as just a shirt no one would wear it. It's related to a rapper they like

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Butcher and the blade, goodnight, ocean prime, 98 sabres and possibly big bashas off one proper listen are dope not feeling the rest. I thought alchemist would have a hard banger on here since it’s supposedto be the big album but tracks didn’t deliver. I think this ones mediocre.

Conway verse on 98 sabres is top tier shyt he wrecked that shyt:damn::banderas:
You can never trust WSG to pick bangers from Alc. Benny and Conway pick the hard joints. West picks the drumless loops. I listened to All Praises in the car though and the bass was way louder than I realized in headphones.
:leon:

yall gotta relax, let us all listen and shyt on it (if need be) later tonight/tomorrow :mjcry:
Okay I'm done my bad :hubie:

Last edited:

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
ehh, i liked wwcd so this doesnt really deter me. i expected him to maybe have more hi profile features tho.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I saw the doc for this album. Does anyone know what happened to his mom? Also is Conway related to him too?

He speaks on his grandma raising him and Benny and Chine Gun’s mom being his aunt but didn’t mention his biological mom.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I saw the doc for this album. Does anyone know what happened to his mom? Also is Conway related to him to?

He speaks on his grandma raising him and Benny and Chine Gun’s mom being his aunt but didn’t mention his biological mom.
West and Conway are half-brothers. I'm not sure if they share the same mom or the same dad.

Benny's their cousin and Chin Gun was too (Benny's brother.)

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
West and Conway are half-brothers. I'm not sure if they share the same mom or the same dad.

Benny's their cousin and Chin Gun was too (Benny's brother.)

I’m 99% sure that Gunn and Conway share the same father.

Anyway for the good folk here who are fans, buy the album to support. West side Gunn mentioned in the Instagram post below about people liking the music, but that is not equating to album sales because they are actually not buying the albums.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Off my first listen, I like it.

At this point, Griselda stays so consistent when it comes to putting shyt out that 'no samples' thing feels like some Picasso 'phase' type shyt, rather than records that define their whole careers because they released them on a major.

Butcher & The Blade is hard.

Ishkabibble's sounds like an alternate take of Dr. Birds. Black Thought killed that.

Rick on 'Goodnight' is exactly what I wanted to hear from him.

Just sounded like he was doing some Mobb Deep shyt on '98 Sabres' - I'll be lowkey disappointed if they don't make that a single.

Only beat I didn't rock with was 'Frank Murray' - too bad because I dig Conductor Williams too. If they'd just done a posse cut remix of 'Eurostep' and had these dudes rhyme on that :ohlawd:

Stovegod talking about his plug looking like Razor Ramon though :pachaha:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I prefer Daringer over beat butcha :yeshrug:
I prefer them each on their own over them together. So to me Daringer and Beat Butcha are each better when they are alone.

I liked their early work together because it was different. These 3 joints before they did WWCD are my favorites from them.

But at this point I feel like they've reached the creative limits of what they can do together, and they're clearly recycling the same sounds over and over.
:unimpressed: