Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
Intro down and four tracks in and it’s sounding like this is an extension of WWCD.

Pretty basic loops & no samples upto now as expected and when I say basic loops I mean bare minimum. It’s the signature Griselda sound So far with the gully shyt

So I expect the fukk Daringer coalition are gonna be all over this thread in full force when y’all Get round to hearing the album.

Up to now it ain’t touching From King To A God.

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
Finally get a sample 8 tracks in & its classic Wes’ :wow:

Yeah I Fw with Lessie :ehh:

Good Night w Slick Rick :wow:

Last edited:

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
98 Sabres goes HARD :whew:

The beats on some creeping through the night to snuff someone out & put a dagger through their windpipe real slow type of shyt

Just Blaze NAILED it. This is Exactly the type of sound I wanna hear Griselda on It’s tailor made for them. Hopefully we get more Just Blaze Collabs on future projects

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Man, between the lack of samples aside from 3-4 joints and WSG trying to sing so much (even singing between verses on posse cuts) I don’t think this album is for me.

Thankfully I wasn’t that excited for this.

Also, everyone rightfully gassed up that Elizabeth joint, but other than that, WSG has the worst taste in Alc beats out of everyone that regularly takes beats from him by a long shot. West ruined a chance to make a banger with Boldy and Jadakiss by having zero drums and goofy singing. I was hyped with the old Alc beat tag too.

That Frank Murphy best is not dope enough to be 8 minutes long.

IMO after Awesome God 2 and this, West must really just think he can drop anything.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
98 Sabres goes HARD :whew:

The beats on some creeping through the night to snuff someone out & put a dagger through their windpipe real slow type of shyt

Just Blaze NAILED it. This is Exactly the type of sound I wanna hear Griselda on It’s tailor made for them. Hopefully we get more Just Blaze Collabs on future projects
Yeah that’s the hardest shyt on there.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean you guys shooting down the album immediately before people even listen to it lol

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Butcher and the blade, ocean prime, 98 sabres and big bashas off one proper listen are dope not feeling the rest. I thought alchemist would have a hard banger on here since it’s supposedto be the big album but tracks didn’t deliver. I think this ones mediocre.

Conway verse on 98 sabres is top tier shyt he wrecked that shyt:damn::banderas:

Last edited: