Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear Stove God got the best drug lines:wow:

High stepping on the bricks like Deion
tenor.gif

My plug look like Razor Ramon:mjlol:

As for the album. It's solid on first listen but I think they're at their best when they can use samples.

Armani sounds like 50% Kim + 50% Foxy. Not a fan of her delivery.

Both Conway verses:scust:

Busta should never rap again if that's how his voice is gonna sound. Wasn't too high on Slick Rick's verses either.

Daringer gotta chill with these piano loops. Feels like the same beat over and over.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum :umad:

Beats are fine:ahh:
The irony (and I don’t even like the production that much here) is that the majority of it does have drums.

My thing is if a Coli poster posted most of these beats as theirs and they had no name brand to go with them, they’d get not much love.

Any love most of these beats get are because of who produced them, and not because they stand on their own. To be fair this is true for most name-brand producers, but it’s especially true here.

The Just Blaze beat is the main one that stands on its own even if you didn’t know who made it.

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum :umad:

Beats are fine:ahh:
Meanwhile masta Killa said that line over actual drums :mjlol:....and one of the hardest hip hop beats of all time. So his point just went completely over your head. These new dudes out here making boom bap music that don't even have a boom or a bap:hhh:

I've always been more drawn to lyrics, but that doesn't mean I wanna hear some spoken word :camby:....this wack ass trend gotta stop already. Luckily Benny never fukked with that garbage. And Conway deaded that shyt too for the most part. Westside really the only one still forcing that trash.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Meanwhile masta Killa said that line over actual drums :mjlol:....and one of the hardest hip hop beats of all time. So his point just went completely over your head. These new dudes out here making boom bap music that don't even have a boom or a bap:hhh:

I've always been more drawn to lyrics, but that doesn't mean I wanna hear some spoken word :camby:....this wack ass trend gotta stop already. Luckily Benny never fukked with that garbage. And Conway deaded that shyt too for the most part. Westside really the only one still forcing that trash.
I tried to rep you for the bolded but it wouldn’t let me. Westside will just say it’s ARGHT though and we don’t appreciate it.

:heh:

Nottz had a great take on this. I asked him why he never had a drumless phase and he spazzed the fukk out, saying anyone making a habit of not putting drums on BEATS should be put in a rocket and flown off the earth.

:mjlol:
EDIT: :ufdup: Nottz is also probably most people’s favorite producer’s favorite producer

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on a totally unrelated note
this Cookin Soul video....i can honestly see West using his face on the wrestler faces for his art and selling it
how has that not happened yet