We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
From watching this offseason, these are not Chris Wallace signings, he usually goes for the athletic Mcdonald's All-Americans/Kansas guys(Ben Mclemore)

Chris Makris is basically the unofficial GM, and with the JJJ pick, KA and Casspi signings, they seem to be going the Spurs/Jazz route of High IQ/unselfish players.

This team will probably be amazingly boring, but they're gonna be a decent aquad

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Half of the roster wants to run up and down the court the other half wants to play halfcourt shoot with 3 seconds left on the clock.

The front office is only interested in signing white guys, foreigners, or the type of black guys that would be interested in having memberships to Southwind. shyt is retarded to me it’s like they have absolutely zero clue of the demographic of the fans in Memphis.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
The front office is only interested in signing white guys, foreigners, or the type of black guys that would be interested in having memberships to Southwind. shyt is retarded to me it’s like they have absolutely zero clue of the demographic of the fans in Memphis.

Or they know exactly what the demographic of the fans in Memphis is and they're trying to change that, ala the Hawks from a couple years ago. Think about why Z-Bo and Tony Allen were so popular in the city, but only Mike and Marc were deemed untouchable in trade talks.

I know Marc grew up here but he's still more marketable and "safe", while Conley's "Mr. Nice Guy". Z-Bo and TA brought that edge that made us successful, but it's that same culture that the front office has been trying to build down for years.

Now they're trying to market the Grit N Grind culture in their own way, but it's not going to work if they don't have the right pieces

Daps
Reppin
Bluff City 901 and The Heartland ICT!
I like the trade, although I'm kinda bummed that Davis never did turn out to be anything. Who's gonna be our backup center now, Rabb or JaMychal?
It's looking like Ivan Rabb with JJJ being the stretch 4-5. I got a feeling Bicks (Bickerstaff), is molding the return of Grit N' Grind to the modern NBA and is going to be Lionel Hollins 2.0. I feel that they are making more underrated moves and quietly going to return to darkhorse status because of the previous f*ckups made. This Grizz team is going to surprise some people and might sneak back into the playoffs depending on Marc and Mike's health during the season.Plus the assistant coaching staff looks like a hell of a lineup with the son of a former NBA head coach finally getting his chance to shine. Some people overlook that Steph grew up in NBA arenas when his father Dell played, it's the same with J.B. and his father Bernie. :win:

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Like I said a while back, these are not Chris Wallace moves.

I like this move a lot. Temple is another one of the High IQ, defensive-oriented, unselfish guys the team is looking to build around.

If that fakkit Marcontent can buy into JB's philosophy, this team could win a lot games next year.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
So what's the lineup gonna look like? I'm thinking something like this

PG: Conley/Harrison/Simmons
SG: Temple/Selden/Carter
SF: Anderson/Brooks/Casspi
PF: Green/Parsons :dry:/Martin
C: Gasol/JJJ/Rabb

That's pretty solid

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
So what's the outlook for the season?

We simply don't have enough offense to seriously compete. If Marc and Mike aren't playing their best every night we have no shot, and at times even if they are it won't be enough

I like Jackson though, they need to actually start running some plays for him. His skill set is more pro-ready than people think if he stays out of foul trouble. I just hope Marc and the organization don't ruin him

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Thank you guys for signing Kyle Anderson :mjgrin:

Now we can actually have 48 minutes of a real offense with players who can really shoot the ball :mjgrin: