We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers

It's readily apparent that this team misses the intangibles that Vince, Tony and Zach brought, which was my biggest fear going into the season. Marc and Mike have been the best players on this squad for a few years now but Zach and Tony defined the culture and demanded the respect of the younger guys.

You see what's going on with Z-Bo in Sacramento. Even though they won't make the playoffs either he's changing the culture in the locker room. Not to mention he's their best player and having one of his best seasons in years

Marc and Mike just don't have that clout around the league like Zach and Tony do, even though they're better players

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Take this with a grain on salt. Marc has been full of shyt since the firing.

He and Mike were perfectly fine with letting them go. Marc would bark at Tony when he gambled for steals. Mike straight up said he wanted to go away from the two-big offense. That was before Fizdale.

But nikkas like @Keengcong gonna believe what they wanna believe, and they believe Fizz was the fukking antichrist, who supposedly broke up an old,treadmill roster, when he didn't.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome

He and Mike were perfectly fine with letting them go. Marc would bark at Tony when he gambled for steals. Mike straight up said he wanted to go away from the two-big offense. That was before Fizdale.

But nikkas like @Keengcong gonna believe what they wanna believe, and they believe Fizz was the fukking antichrist, who supposedly broke up an old,treadmill roster, when he didn't.

Ask Gasol about the notion of intentionally losing and it all sounds like gibberish.

“My job is not allowing that to happen,” Gasol said. “My job is not allowing anyone to throw away the season. Because at 32, 33 next month, I don’t have a season to throw away. I don’t have those. I don’t have that luxury. I’m not 23, 24, where I can just say, `Well, next year it’s going to be better.’ I have that sense of urgency and desire to win… I hope that during the next five, six weeks before the break that the situation has completely changed, turned around, and we are a much more consistent team going forward.”

Marc Gasol: I’m too old to throw away a season

Imo Marc wants to be traded but he won't flat out say it. He pouting to the media and his play hasn't been good. He rather make it look like they traded him rather than he asked for a trade.

What Fizz wanted to do he couldn't. He didn't have the juice to do it. If anything Fizz firing shows the Grizzlies front office is a joke.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

Fizz not an antichrist but he was a egomainiac that made stupid roster decisions like starting J Green over Zbo and Ennis over Tyreke because ... we need scoring off the bench. When we have had terrible starting lineups and struggle to score. Instead of coaching to his roster he forced "his way" of playing which was a round peg in a square hole situation. In back to back years he has had the best player on the team coming off the bench.

And to boot he ignored any questions and clapped back at any criticism because he knew what a winning culture is supposed to look like... even tho he had never been a head coach of any type of basketball in his life

To be fair I wanted to trade Gasol at the end of his last contract. I thought the plan of Gasol shooting 3s was retarded when most nights he is the biggest player on the floor. He is too big to not be a double double threat every night.

Thru all of this tho if they just used that Parsons money in a smarter way we wouldn't be looking at nikkas like Andrew Harrison, Jarrell Martin and a 2nd round rookie starting.

holidayinn21

Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Fizz not an antichrist but he was a egomainiac that made stupid roster decisions like starting J Green over Zbo and Ennis over Tyreke because ... we need scoring off the bench. When we have had terrible starting lineups and struggle to score. Instead of coaching to his roster he forced "his way" of playing which was a round peg in a square hole situation. In back to back years he has had the best player on the team coming off the bench.

And to boot he ignored any questions and clapped back at any criticism because he knew what a winning culture is supposed to look like... even tho he had never been a head coach of any type of basketball in his life

To be fair I wanted to trade Gasol at the end of his last contract. I thought the plan of Gasol shooting 3s was retarded when most nights he is the biggest player on the floor. He is too big to not be a double double threat every night.

Thru all of this tho if they just used that Parsons money in a smarter way we wouldn't be looking at nikkas like Andrew Harrison, Jarrell Martin and a 2nd round rookie starting.
The bold is exactly why I tagged you in my post. This is the ONLY reason Grizz fans were anti-Fizz. Zach was nowhere close to the best player. This is disrespectful to Mike, who was a top-20 player last year.

According to Reke's brother, he liked coming off the bench because he could analyze the game before coming in, so there's that.

JaM was better than Zach, especially defensively. And even with that, the "core" played the four most minutes on the team. They were top-4 in FGA. shyt, Jam was benched for zach in the playoffs, only to watch this nikka get abused by Tony Parker once again.

Fizz had his share of issues, but being an egomaniac wasn't one of them. So kerr was an egomaniac for putting Iggy to the bench? Pop with Ginobili? Phil with Odom? Kevin fukking Mchale was a 6th man most of his career.

Poor roster construction by the worst FO in the league is the biggest problem, not thinking a 36-year old was gonna save the day.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I don't understand the hold up on trading Gasol. They haven't learned their lesson on letting assets completely spoil before they move them. This team just needs to focus on getting ready for 2020.

Trade machine approved deals

Deal #1
Suns send
G. Monroe (salary dump)
J. Jackson
Later 1st round pick

Grizz send
M. Gasol
Both 2nd round picks

2018 lineup:
Conley
Evans
Jackson
Rookie (Wendell Carter?)
Rookie (Mo Bamba?)

---

Deal #2
Hawks send
M.Plumlee
E. Illyasova (salary dump)
2 late 1st round picks

Grizz send
M.Gasol
2nd round pick

2018 lineup
Conley
Evans
Rookie (Michael Porter Jr?)
Rookie (Austin Wiley?)
Rookie (Mitchell Robinson?)

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
I don't understand the hold up on trading Gasol. They haven't learned their lesson on letting assets completely spoil before they move them. This team just needs to focus on getting ready for 2020.

Trade machine approved deals

Deal #1
Suns send
G. Monroe (salary dump)
J. Jackson
Later 1st round pick

Grizz send
M. Gasol
Both 2nd round picks

2018 lineup:
Conley
Evans
Jackson
Rookie (Wendell Carter?)
Rookie (Mo Bamba?)

---

Deal #2
Hawks send
M.Plumlee
E. Illyasova (salary dump)
2 late 1st round picks

Grizz send
M.Gasol
2nd round pick

2018 lineup
Conley
Evans
Rookie (Michael Porter Jr?)
Rookie (Austin Wiley?)
Rookie (Mitchell Robinson?)

Them teams are tanking. Why would they trade for Gasol who is going on 33? You have to trade Marc to a team that's in a win now mode.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Them teams are tanking. Why would they trade for Gasol who is going on 33? You have to trade Marc to a team that's in a win now mode.

Suns gave Tyson Chandler a big contract why wouldn't they roll dice on Gasol they only a couple games out of 8th spot

Atlanta front office is worse than ours why not try to get them to take Gasol hell Parsons too while we at it.

Honestly I was just trying to change the conversation from Zbo, Fizz, TA etc... trade ideas and coaching hire rumors are all we have to look forward to.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Team looked really fluid with out Gasol, Conley, Parsons. They actually looked like they had fun playing. Time to move on and dump a big salary. If we can't get picks at least grab expiring contracts to rebuild this squad.

I wouldn't mind trying to package Tyreke with Parsons for an expiring since the front office is hell bent on the Conley/Gasol combo. Give me any combo of two of these guys

Free Agents
Will Barton
Lou Williams
KCP
Jabari Parker
Carmelo
Rodney hood

2018 roster
Conley
Gasol
Brooks
Davis
Rookie??
Free Agent
Free Agent

That's good enough for 6/7th place and a 2nd round exit

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Yeah they definitely were playing with an energy that hasn't been there when Marc's on the court.

I tell you what, Deyonta Davis always looks like he doesn't care about basketball but that guy can play. I wouldn't mind him being our center of the future cause he's been showing some real promise lately

holidayinn21

Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
The Zbo led Kings have the worst record in the league. He has the worst net rating in the league, and is rated as the worst defensive player in the league.

Tell us again why we should've kept him @Keengcong

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
The Zbo led Kings have the worst record in the league. He has the worst net rating in the league, and is rated as the worst defensive player in the league.

Tell us again why we should've kept him @Keengcong

Cmon son I'm not going back to 2016 convos... We have done this dance too many times fam

Who do you think would fit better?

Jaren Jackson Jr, Miles Bridges, Mikal Bridges, or Kevin Knox?

holidayinn21

Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Cmon son I'm not going back to 2016 convos... We have done this dance too many times fam

Who do you think would fit better?

Jaren Jackson Jr, Miles Bridges, Mikal Bridges, or Kevin Knox?
I'm just trying to put a bow on all on this keep zbo talk

I like Sexton and Bridges. If Young is there at 5-7, get him.