We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Still undefeated against western conference playoff contenders, Brooks is making his case for staying in the rotation even when Selden and McLemore come back

Also Tyreke should be the frontrunner for 6MOTY if he continues playing like this

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Didn't see the game tonight but I assume Mike was terrible again. That achilles must be bothering him a whole lot more than they're letting on because I can't think of any other reason why he's struggling. They should have him rest a few games to get right, it's not like they'll miss him the way he's playing

Wayne Selden needs to start. Bring Brooks off the bench, McLemore is not cutting it. I saw enough of Selden in garbage time on Saturday to say that he'll have more of an impact on the court then McLemore

Tyreke Evans is our best player right now

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Injuries are already starting to shape the playoff chase in the West — Rudy Gobert is out for at least a month in Utah, and the Clippers have lost six in a row as they battle injuries to three starters.

Now add the Memphis Grizzlies to the mix.

Mike Conley, the point guard who, along with Marc Gasol, is crucial to Memphis’ success, will be out at least two weeks to rest a sore left heel and Achilles, the team announced Friday. He could be out longer, Conley has had issues with this Achilles before, the team will want to be cautious, and by far the best treatment is rest.

Conley averages 17.1 points per game, is a great floor general running the offense, and is a quality defender at the point.

Memphis is 7-7 on the season and tied with Oklahoma City for the final playoff slot in the West, but the Grizzlies have dropped six of their last eight. What’s more, they are entering a gauntlet part of the schedule without Conley: Their next game is against Houston, then Portland, and in the next 10 they have the Nuggets, Cavaliers, Timberwolves, and Spurs (twice). The danger is they fall far enough back from the playoff chase they struggle to catch up again.

Expect to see a lot more Tyreke Evans, who has been strong as a sixth man but now will have much more asked of him. Also, more playmaking duties will fall to Gasol, working out of the elbow, and both Chandler Parsons and Mario Chalmers will get the ball in their hands. The question is what do they do with it.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I think they're doing the right thing by shutting down Conley for a few weeks. Achilles soreness is nothing to play around with, especially when we just saw what happened to Richard Sherman

With the way he was playing his absence won't effect the team too much anyway. Team needs some time to gel with the injured guys coming back, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go on a run without Mike like they did last year

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
So who do the Grizzlies draft in the next draft? Hopefully the grizz get a high pick.

Buncha names that I like in the draft

Marvin Bagley
Colin Sexton
Michael Porter
Kevin Knox
Jared Vanderbilt

I wanna ship Gasol to like Chicago or somewhere to try to get a top 3 pick to go along with our own lottery pick. There's 2 2nd round picks that Wallace may be able to use to get up in the first round too.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Buncha names that I like in the draft

Marvin Bagley
Colin Sexton
Michael Porter
Kevin Knox
Jared Vanderbilt

I wanna ship Gasol to like Chicago or somewhere to try to get a top 3 pick to go along with our own lottery pick. There's 2 2nd round picks that Wallace may be able to use to get up in the first round too.

The Cavs could be a option they have brooklyn pick.