We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
:stopitslime:
Zbo was the only one rebounding... and I know you saw that swipe and score. nikka was making plays and got sent to the bench in crunch time for a nikka that was ice cold.

I wasn't even gonna bring up Green... As bad as you nikkas hate Zbo he would never ever ever have a game as bad as Green had tonight. Ain't no way that nikka should be starting in the NBA. Talking bout his PnR defense and he fouling out in 20 minutes with a fukking goose egg on the board.

:martin:
I already said JaM was bad tonight.

One nice play doesn't negate the fact that he made Joffrey look like baby Dirk out there, and that he's a liability.

During the minutes Lauvergne shared the floor with ZBo, the Thunder scored 60 of their 114 points.
And you wonder why Fizz doesn't start him. He can't defend. At all.

Thibs did it with Boozer. Kerr with David Lee. Kidd with Greg Monroe. Al Jefferson no longer starts. Hibbert, who's a great defender, can't start anymore because he's slow.

35-years old Zbo gets sent to the bench for the same reason-It's suddenly personal:comeon:

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I already said JaM was bad tonight.

One nice play doesn't negate the fact that he made Joffrey look like baby Dirk out there, and that he's a liability.

And you wonder why Fizz doesn't start him. He can't defend. At all.

Thibs did it with Boozer. Kerr with David Lee. Kidd with Greg Monroe. Al Jefferson no longer starts. Hibbert, who's a great defender, can't start anymore because he's slow.

35-years old Zbo gets sent to the bench for the same reason-It's suddenly personal:comeon:

you really gonna act like James Ennis deserved to play PF at the end of that game over Zbo?

:childplease:

.... James Ennis?

:childplease:

.... in that situation?
:wtf:
... with 5 fouls?
:mindblown:

I'm not nearly as concerned about Leverne getting a few buckets earlier in the game as I am with Green and Ennis hacking guys letting the Thunder waltz to the FT line. This is why stats like +/- are retarded. Green and Harrison are the only positive players tonight and anybody who watched the game could see they looked like trash.

Tony fouling on a 3 point shot, gambling on a pass giving up a wide open 3, and shooting that uncalled for 3 is what cost the game quite honestly. At this point he probably shouldn't be starting either his jump shooting is horrible and all he does is gamble on defense.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Yeah I knew we'd lose the game when Tony attempted that 3 and bricked horribly

As for Z-Bo I do not hate him, he's my favorite player and I'm always lobbying to Dawk Ins and the other highlight makers to give him some more highlights. I just don't understand the push for him to start all the sudden. Is he still a starter? Absolutely, and early on I hated him going to the bench. However he's finally thriving in his role as sixth man

As for whether he should've been left in the game yesterday, that's a tough call really. I see @Keengcong's point in that he was making plays, but he also was getting torched on D by Lauvergne

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Just seen we're resting Allen and Gasol tonight along with Parsons, why? Grizz had a horrible loss last night and can't afford to potentially give up any more ground in the standings. If the team is so set on resting guys then do it on the first night of a back to back

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Missed the 1st qtr but just looking at the starting lineup you already know it's gonna be a rough night...

Gonna need a special shooting performance outta Daniels​

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Loving what I'm seeing outta Brandan Wright right now

JaM bouncing back nicely from that stinker last night

Last edited:

tr2k

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif

When was the last game that he even blocked a shot? Gasol and when healthy Wright and Davis are way better defenders just keeping it a hunid. It's just a thing people say but I've never noticed him being a impact player on that end of the floor consistently.

Green is a good player that hustles and plays his role great but he shouldn't be starting.
:hhh:

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Well the gamble paid off, early on it looked like my fears would be realized as the Grizzlies got down early but it was impressive coming back from 18 minus Gasol. Bench players really stepped it up tonight and hopefully this'll do wonders for their confidence going forward

Career high 29 points for JaMychal Green who made life difficult for KAT once Z-Bo fouled out. Not bad for a guy that supposedly isn't starter material

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Grizz win most of their 2nd night of a back to back just after losing the previous game and have a winning record when they only have one day of rest in between games:gucci:

They beating the Spurs:gucci:

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Marc only looks for Zach, Mike, and Tony, and occasionally Daniels on offense. The shyt is annoying. The non-NBA starter JaM has 12-14 PPG capabilities.

Great minutes from Wright. Ennis played one of his best games of the year. I like that he went with Douglas instead of Harrison
worst GM in the league I heard :skip:
Who said this?:gucci:

Oh, and Green is exactly the type of player that Thibs wants. He's throwing bread at him this summer.