We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Zach's my favorite player on the Grizzlies but I agree with @holidayinn21 here. While I didn't want to see him go to the bench and was skeptical at the start of the season the move has turned out to be a great one for our offense.

Z-Bo plays really well off of the second unit and keeps the offense flowing instead of dying out like in the past. In previous years when our bench came in the offense stalled, and the starters had a hard time getting back in rhythm once they returned which led to our scoring droughts.

JaMychal's probably our best defensive big and can play well off of either Gasol or Randolph, let him try and keep opposing bigs from going off at the start while Zach can finish games depending on the opposing teams personnel

giphy.gif

When was the last game that he even blocked a shot? Gasol and when healthy Wright and Davis are way better defenders just keeping it a hunid. It's just a thing people say but I've never noticed him being a impact player on that end of the floor consistently.

Green is a good player that hustles and plays his role great but he shouldn't be starting.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
giphy.gif

When was the last game that he even blocked a shot? Gasol and when healthy Wright and Davis are way better defenders just keeping it a hunid. It's just a thing people say but I've never noticed him being a impact player on that end of the floor consistently.

Green is a good player that hustles and plays his role great but he shouldn't be starting.

You selling Jam short. He gives the team quality minutes. Him starting opens the floor up and adds much need spacing. Much needed athleticism. Pretty much they asking him to do the grunt work. Hopefully he works on his game and develops more. He blocked a couple of shots against the Kings.

Zach coming off the bench is good. He still can play and if he got it going you let him ride it out.

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
giphy.gif

Blocks are not a good indicator if someone can play defense.

He's 8th in the league defended FG. 5th in charges drawn. PnR defense, the reason why Zach, David lee and Greg Monroe no longer start, JaM is 16th, out of 163 qualified players.

Maybe if he shouted out defensive accolades like some people, he'd get more recognition:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
California
Gotta admit, I did not expect yall to be this good. Where the fukk is your offense coming from???

Parsons robbing yall though

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

Blocks are not a good indicator if someone can play defense.

He's 8th in the league defended FG. 5th in charges drawn. PnR defense, the reason why Zach, David lee and Greg Monroe no longer start, JaM is 16th, out of 163 qualified players.

Maybe if he shouted out defensive accolades like some people, he'd get more recognition:mjpls:

nJ2UdiEX.jpg

This cac litteraly gets paid to make up shyt to promote the Grizz... I'm supposed to use this guy as a solid reference but not the fact Green hasn't blocked a shot since the inauguration? Plus Big Spain usually covers the better big and the Grizz play great team defense especially in the paint.

c-mon-son-o.gif

C'mon son with the JaM defensive stopper shyt... if he was the 8th best defender why he ain't finishing the games?

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Gotta admit, I did not expect yall to be this good. Where the fukk is your offense coming from???

Parsons robbing yall though

Combination of spacing out Gasol's range and giving Conley free reign. In the past our offense always started with feeding it to the bigs in the post, now it's more spread out. We're also making better use of our talent other than the Core Four. Carter, Ennis, Green, Daniels and even Harrison have all been major contributors at times for Fizdale, whereas they would've been buried on the bench under Hollins or Joerger.

I also don't understand why folks didn't expect us to be good. I know people don't really pay attention to the Grizzlies until playoff time but they've been a 50 win team for the past five years and were on pace to win 50 games again last year until everyone got hurt. I really think with their talent level they should be challenging the 4th or even 3rd seed instead of 6th, and if this offense really starts clicking and is here to stay along with our trademark defense I don't see how that can't be a possiblity still.

holidayinn21

Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
nJ2UdiEX.jpg

This cac litteraly gets paid to make up shyt to promote the Grizz... I'm supposed to use this guy as a solid reference but not the fact Green hasn't blocked a shot since the inauguration? Plus Big Spain usually covers the better big and the Grizz play great team defense especially in the paint.

c-mon-son-o.gif

C'mon son with the JaM defensive stopper shyt... if he was the 8th best defender why he ain't finishing the games?
Didn't call him a defensive stopper. He doesn't get just one assignment. He guards 2-5. You're moving the goalpost. And since when we start caring about blocks? How many did Marc average when he won DPOY? The best defense we had was 2 years ago where they were 24th. I don't hear anyone call TA elite defensively because he gets steals.

The reason he doesn't he doesn't finish games is because your boy bytches afterwards about minutes.

This is what I'm talking about. Ya love non-core 4 players.........until they take either Zach or TA's spot, then ya shyt on them. then want them off the team. Rudy, C-Lee, Jeff Green, Ed Davis. Ennis and Daniels are next if they start at the 2. Would've hated on Jordan Adams too.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Didn't call him a defensive stopper. He doesn't get just one assignment. He guards 2-5. You're moving the goalpost. And since when we start caring about blocks? How many did Marc average when he won DPOY? The best defense we had was 2 years ago where they were 24th. I don't hear anyone call TA elite defensively because he gets steals.

The reason he doesn't he doesn't finish games is because your boy bytches afterwards about minutes.

This is what I'm talking about. Ya love non-core 4 players.........until they take either Zach or TA's spot, then ya shyt on them. then want them off the team. Rudy, C-Lee, Jeff Green, Ed Davis. Ennis and Daniels are next if they start at the 2. Would've hated on Jordan Adams too.

I don't think I moved any goalpost. I said he isn't the best defensive big on the team and elaborated because he doesn't protect the rim.

You bring up charges, when Gasol won DPOY was he a leader in drawing charges? TA does get a lot of steals so I'm not sure what u meant by that either.

As far as the core 4 stuff goes I def wanted *eff Green gone, I was indifferent about Rudy, wish we woulda kept C.Lee, and Jordan Adams never got healthy enough for anybody to know what he can do. I was one of the main people trying to push for the Grizz to not resign Conley and blow up the roster because I felt they were too old and starting over with a new coach.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:sas1:

Zbo makes an assist to Big Spain... timely steal and layup... defensive rebound...

And how is he repaid? He gets sent to the bench for Fizzdale's guy Ennis...

:sas2:

Y'all gone keep acting like you don't see it? Fizzdale would rather lose his way than let Zbo be the leader of his team.

holidayinn21

Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Games like tonight is exactly why I prop up Jamychal. He's our only reliable PNR defender, and without him, its trash. They gave up 21 points in 5 minutes:why:

With that said, he was awful tonight. I can live with being scoreless. It happens. But taking just one shot is a problem. And picking up at least 3 cheap, petty fouls a game is a bigger problem. He needs to cut that shyt out.

This was a bad loss. Now OKC has the H2H tiebreaker. I'm tired of being a fukking low seed

:sas1:

Zbo makes an assist to Big Spain... timely steal and layup... defensive rebound...

And how is he repaid? He gets sent to the bench for Fizzdale's guy Ennis...

:sas2:

Y'all gone keep acting like you don't see it? Fizzdale would rather lose his way than let Zbo be the leader of his team.
Zach is awful on D. Adams and that Joffrey cat had their way.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Games like tonight is exactly why I prop up Jamychal. He's our only reliable PNR defender, and without him, its trash. They gave up 21 points in 5 minutes:why:

With that said, he was awful tonight. I can live with being scoreless. It happens. But taking just one shot is a problem. And picking up at least 3 cheap, petty fouls a game is a bigger problem. He needs to cut that shyt out.

This was a bad loss. Now OKC has the H2H tiebreaker. I'm tired of being a fukking low seed

Zach is awful on D. Adams and that Joffrey cat had their way.
:stopitslime:
Zbo was the only one rebounding... and I know you saw that swipe and score. nikka was making plays and got sent to the bench in crunch time for a nikka that was ice cold.

I wasn't even gonna bring up Green... As bad as you nikkas hate Zbo he would never ever ever have a game as bad as Green had tonight. Ain't no way that nikka should be starting in the NBA. Talking bout his PnR defense and he fouling out in 20 minutes with a fukking goose egg on the board.

:martin: