We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Sources: Grizzlies waiving Russ Smith, signing Ryan Hollins

The Memphis Grizzlies are releasing guard Russ Smith to create roster space to sign free-agent center Ryan Hollins, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Smith had a fully guaranteed contract for this season and a non-guaranteed year in 2016-17. He averaged 1.5 points and 4.4 minutes in 15 games.

The Grizzlies targeted Hollins, a 7-footer, in their free-agent search for a backup for Marc Gasol. Hollins made a strong impression on the franchise in training camp in October, and joined the Washington Wizards for the majority of December before being waived on Wednesday. Hollins has played 10 NBA seasons. Smith is in his second NBA season out of the University of Louisville, where he had a standout four-year career.

:martin:

Did I call it? or Did I call it?

Not quite a 70's baby but once again throw away a under 25 player for another washed up over 30 non impact player that will kiss the coach's ass.

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Sources: Grizzlies waiving Russ Smith, signing Ryan Hollins

The Memphis Grizzlies are releasing guard Russ Smith to create roster space to sign free-agent center Ryan Hollins, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Smith had a fully guaranteed contract for this season and a non-guaranteed year in 2016-17. He averaged 1.5 points and 4.4 minutes in 15 games.

The Grizzlies targeted Hollins, a 7-footer, in their free-agent search for a backup for Marc Gasol. Hollins made a strong impression on the franchise in training camp in October, and joined the Washington Wizards for the majority of December before being waived on Wednesday. Hollins has played 10 NBA seasons. Smith is in his second NBA season out of the University of Louisville, where he had a standout four-year career.

:martin:

Did I call it? or Did I call it?

Not quite a 70's baby but once again throw away a under 25 player for another washed up over 30 non impact player that will kiss the coach's ass.
then he'll bytch about the team being old soon after. I'm about sick of his act.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Zbo!

:salute:

fukk Joerger Zbo need to be starting and Barnes can sit on the pine and type up some more chatty pattyness.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't look too deeply into this game. Memphis will sort everything out after all-star break and re-emerge as a threat in the West.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I missed the game, and I hate to be one of them boxscore watchers but damn...

Marc Gasol 2-11, 4rebs?
C.Lee 0-6, 0ast?
Conley out but Chalmers didn't start?
Barnes 35 mins...Zbo 25mins?

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
This is the same team that gave the Warriors their toughest fight in the playoffs and now they're getting blown out by every competent team they face. There has to be serious issues within the organization, there's no way a team can regress this much in just a few months

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
The Memphis Grizzlies announced today that the team has waived center Ryan Hollins.

Hollins (7-0, 240) averaged 1.7 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.00 blocks in 7.0 minutes in four games with Memphis since signing with the Grizzlies on Dec. 29. The 31-year-old has averaged 3.7 points on 58.1 percent shooting and 2.2 rebounds in 490 career games (67 starts) over a 10-year NBA career with the Charlotte Bobcats, Dallas Mavericks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Cleveland Cavaliers, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers, Sacramento Kings, Washington Wizards and Memphis Grizzlies.

The Pasadena, Calif. native was selected by Charlotte in the second round (50th overall) of the 2006 NBA Draft following his senior season at UCLA.

Memphis Grizzlies waive Ryan Hollins

Is Wright coming back? The just signed Ryan. We will see.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Don't know much about him. Oh well......

Hometown product, went to University of Memphis, the whole city was sad when his moms passed ...
crowd is gonna love him ...
has great bounce and finishing ability ...
plays with a lot of flair and excitement...
has 2 or 3 plays a game that makes you think he can be an allstar and then he comes crashing down...
If he can focus on making the easy plays more consistently he will be great..
He is gonna eat Courtney Lee's food in practice...

Very telling that the franchise finally brought in a player like this and Chalmers that will compete with Conley. Either they are not willing to max Conley or this injury is worse than we know. I heard Conley is walking around on a boot trying to keep that Achilles from snapping. But its really shocking to see them bring in a guy with tread left on the tires for a change. Moves like this make WAYYYY more sense than signing guys like Vince Carter, Matt Barnes, Ryan Hollins, etc.