We're Cookin Now! Back to the 'Offs with O'Antoni! 2016 Rockets Season Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You rockbrain, 64% of his overall attempts are from behind the arc - those overall FG%s you listed would be bad if he was a player who only took 10-20% of his total shots from behind the arc. He has a 58.6 TS% which makes him arguably the most efficient shooting big man in the league, and has one one of the best points v shot rates amongst all big men.
You'll use those metrics to prop us Anderson but then completely ignore those same metric when applied to Harden and critique him instead.

You see-through but I see you

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Anderson has to have the slowest footspeed as a starter in the NBA. If he's not hitting 3s, he's totally useless

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anderson has to have the slowest footspeed as a starter in the NBA. If he's not hitting 3s, he's totally useless
He seems so unconfident out there. So hesitating to just let the shot go. I remember when we first signed him and I went on a Pels board and they kept lol'ing and said by mid season he'll be the most frustrating player on our squad. He doesn't shoot the ball confidently. He looks shocked and relived when his shot goes in.

Turn out they were right :francis:. He might've from Cali but he definitely didn't grow up a Kobe fan
:francis:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
He seems so unconfident out there. So hesitating to just let the shot go. I remember when we first signed him and I went on a Pels board and they kept lol'ing and said by mid season he'll be the most frustrating player on our squad. He doesn't shoot the ball confidently. He looks shocked and relived when his shot goes in.

Turn out they were right :francis:. He might've from Cali but he definitely didn't grow up a Kobe fan
Exactly. You notice how he literally praises God everytime he makes a shot. No fukking confidence whatsoever. Can't stand his weak ass.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need Ibaka badly. We should trade whomever and whatever to get him.
Just need a strong rebounder period. i think that's why DAntoni brought Beverley in late for Anderson to play with Gordon Harden Ariza and Capella. Beverley is one of most most aggressive rebounder and Anderson is one of our weakest.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Same old story here.

The Rockets score 114 a game (2nd best overall)
...and allow 108 to opponents a game (24th best overall)

They are a combined 4-6 against the Spurs, Warriors, Jazz and Grizzlies as of this writing.
How confident is the coli that Houston can continue to push it and just outscore their opponents in the playoffs?

:yeshrug:

I would like to see the Rockets defense better than it is now but in the playoffs there won't be these 5 games in 7 nights bull shyt. Or 3 in 4 days. It'll be spaced out which will allow for their legs to get rest and hopefully give them a better chance to knockdown those 3's.

But if they are gonna make any noise the defense needs to resemble their effort from that stretch in December when they were going 20-2.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:snoop:

i dont need barkley to determine my thoughts
the numbers tell the story

D12
1st season in HOU (11.3 FGA)
2nd season in HOU (10.4 FGA)
final season in HOU (8.5 FGA)

:hubie: numbers dont lie

He also had the most post touches in the league last year. If he wasn't getting a shot off, that's on him:francis:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Acquisition targets:

Center:
Larry Sanders (Having team available workouts in Miami next week)

Guard:
Nate Robinson (Able to be signed immediately)
Chalmers (If CLE doesn't sign him)

Wing:
Wilson Chandler (allegedly unhappy with role in DEN)
Ibaka
Nick Young

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I dunno about nick young. Not a dependable consistent player.

We should've just kept Beaseley

He's shooting:
46.3% left corner 3
41% right corner 3
40.8% above the break 3

Would be a major improvement over Brewer and Lakers were asking a 2nd round pick for him before the season started:yeshrug:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

Yea it's just puzzling watching him sometimes, especially for the last month. The best games I've seen him play are when he's confidently shooting threes, and in the paint grabbing boards and hitting easy shots. But it feels like ages that that's been the case. He's turned himself into a taller slower Kyle Korver, and I hate it.

We need Ibaka badly. We should trade whomever and whatever to get him.

Brewer and KJ straight up could get him. Whether Orlando would accept that....:huhldup:

Ditto to Beasley. He could have been doing work here.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Acquisition targets:

Center:
Larry Sanders (Having team available workouts in Miami next week)

Guard:
Nate Robinson (Able to be signed immediately)
Chalmers (If CLE doesn't sign him)

Wing:
Wilson Chandler (allegedly unhappy with role in DEN)
Ibaka
Nick Young

I don't know about Wilson Chandler's defense but can't he handle and hit three's? If so he should be on the Rockets list.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No lie, we need so much help sometimes I miss that we didn't resign Parsons. He was able to carry us offensively periodically and take a load off of Harden.