We're Cookin Now! Back to the 'Offs with O'Antoni! 2016 Rockets Season Thread

polokuo

all the above
Daps
Reppin
832 and 310
as i just said - howard harden relationship fell apart

dwight is just like every big - if u dont get them touches they go thru the motions especially someone like D12 who plays tremendous defense while his teammates didn't
well except ariza

True, but Capela/Nene/Trez are getting plenty of touches. Biggest issue is that Dwight refused to be a PNR player and insisted on getting his touches in the post. Honestly, that falls on Morey. He had the philosophy at the time of just going after the best player available and figuring out a way to make it work later. They pitched Dwight that he would come and be next in a line of great post players, train under Hakeem and McHale, etc. but it soon became clear that that was antithetical to Harden's game.

It worked magically during the WCF run because Dwight was out so much of the season and knew he had to take a backseat to Harden, but the writing was on the wall as soon as the next season started. I really don't fault Dwight at all...he was the most consistent playoff performer during his time here, and I'm glad the Rockets made a tribute video to him yesterday.

MAFFFFFFFFFFFFF about the loss though.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need to replace Ariza in the starting lineup and let Ariza replace Brewer off the bench. Dekker had that one great game as starter, we should give him a chance at starting again. ariza had his best season as a role player off the bench. I'm from D.C, So I seen him excel for the Wizards off the bench.

I'm still a proponent of trading for Melo. A small trade ain't goin helpAnd Heyward ain't coming here. fukk that pipe dream.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
as i just said - howard harden relationship fell apart

dwight is just like every big - if u dont get them touches they go thru the motions especially someone like D12 who plays tremendous defense while his teammates didn't
well except ariza
FOH. Dwight was absolute garbage when he was here. Its clear you didn't watch many Rocket games when Dwight played here. Dude was trash and didn't give any effort. fukk him and any one that loves him.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
We need to replace Ariza in the starting lineup and let Ariza replace Brewer off the bench. Dekker had that one great game as starter, we should give him a chance at starting again. ariza had his best season as a role player off the bench. I'm from D.C, So I seen him excel for the Wizards off the bench.

I'm still a proponent of trading for Melo. A small trade ain't goin helpAnd Heyward ain't coming here. fukk that pipe dream.

I saw some 4 team trade scenario that would bring Jrue Holliday, Wilson Chandler, and Alexis Ajincia here. I'd be down for that at this point. Unfortunately, they also had Bev being sent somewhere else. However, after Ariza's play last night, I'm OK with Ariza and Brewer being included in that scenario as well.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw some 4 team trade scenario that would bring Jrue Holliday, Wilson Chandler, and Alexis Ajincia here. I'd be down for that at this point. Unfortunately, they also had Bev being sent somewhere else. However, after Ariza's play last night, I'm OK with Ariza and Brewer being included in that scenario as well.
Man, that trade be nice if it didn't include Beverley.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Again, what does Harden slumping early in the season have to do with all I listed? Was Harden supposed to make sure Dwight didn't turn it over? Was Harden supposed to help Dwight not miss dunks? I mean, I'm not sure what else I could tell a person who probably never watched many Rockets games during Howard's run here. Everything ends up sounding the same.

:what:

i watched damn near every rocket game last season
- i dont know what to tell u (u sound like your not a fan of him)

last season

fact is he turn the ball over due to bad offensive execution - dribble... dribble... dribble... then throw him the rock on the baseline with only a few seconds on the shot clock

fact is he was 2nd in scoring behind harden
but like 5th in FGA wjich tells the story - and like i said that meant he wasnt getting enough touches, which affects overall play
personaly i dont think that would have happen if coach mchale didnt get fired

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
While he did come in out of shape, he still put up good stats. But what does Harden being out of shape have to do with Howard bricking FTs, turning the ball over at a rapid rate with some of the most predictable "post moves", going up soft, and constantly committing stupid fouls to get him off the court?

:beli:

Unfortunately. Earlier in the season though, they were actually closing these games, but now they're losing. It's weird. They had everything set up for them to win with maybe 7-8 minutes left, then completely choked. They got sloppy and lazy, and gave ATL all types of confidence.

This is not at all what happened. Y'all dudes have to stop letting Charles Barkely dictate your thoughts.

:snoop:

i dont need barkley to determine my thoughts
the numbers tell the story

D12
1st season in HOU (11.3 FGA)
2nd season in HOU (10.4 FGA)
final season in HOU (8.5 FGA)

:hubie: numbers dont lie

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
FOH. Dwight was absolute garbage when he was here. Its clear you didn't watch many Rocket games when Dwight played here. Dude was trash and didn't give any effort. fukk him and any one that loves him.

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

ok breh - act like he didnt take your squad to the western conference finals, while harden got benched in da fourth

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
:what:

i watched damn near every rocket game last season
- i dont know what to tell u (u sound like your not a fan of him)

last season

fact is he turn the ball over due to bad offensive execution - dribble... dribble... dribble... then throw him the rock on the baseline with only a few seconds on the shot clock

fact is he was 2nd in scoring behind harden
but like 5th in FGA wjich tells the story - and like i said that meant he wasnt getting enough touches, which affects overall play
personaly i dont think that would have happen if coach mchale didnt get fired

I was actually a pretty big fan of Howard, and recognized that during playoff runs, he was the one that was bringing it while other guys weren't. But unlike you, I had to come to terms that he played a major part in why he's not here anymore. So again, I'm not sure what to tell you, especially since you supposedly watched every game last season. It's pretty funny, cause there's a lot of people who make the same claims, yet have no idea what they're talking about. They talk themselves into one way, when it's actually another. What you saw last night from Howard was what he could have been doing for the Rockets for the majority of his tenure, but instead, he chose to be a big pouty kid most of the time, wanted to hold players' meetings after every loss, and "feeling like a champion" even after losses. Howard got the ball plenty of times during his tenure here with full clocks, and what did he do? Get the ball stripped from him cause of his telegraphed and mechanical movements. Teams knew what he was doing before he would even do it. Dwight has a lot of tools to be great, but he chose to stay in his lane once he left here instead of doing it the past couple years. So many things are mental with Dwight, that's just how it is.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
32% against Cleveland
35% against Boston
33% against Toronto

20% against Clippers
38% against OKC
45% against Memphis
37% against Utah
24% against Spurs
50% against GSW

That's what Ryan Anderson overall shooting(his only skill he brings to the team) is against the top ten teams in the league looks like.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
32% against Cleveland
35% against Boston
33% against Toronto

20% against Clippers
38% against OKC
45% against Memphis
37% against Utah
24% against Spurs
50% against GSW

That's what Ryan Anderson overall shooting(his only skill he brings to the team) is against the top ten teams in the league looks like.

35% is good enough if he makes them at a high volume. He shoots that in over half the games you listed.:yeshrug:

He does need to cut out on these terrible shooting nights like against the Bulls. Needs to be more consistent.

Daps
That's not 3pt shooting, that's overall shooting
You rockbrain, 64% of his overall attempts are from behind the arc - those overall FG%s you listed would be bad if he was a player who only took 10-20% of his total shots from behind the arc. He has a 58.6 TS% which makes him arguably the most efficient shooting big man in the league, and has one one of the best points v shot rates amongst all big men.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same old story here.

The Rockets score 114 a game (2nd best overall)
...and allow 108 to opponents a game (24th best overall)

They are a combined 4-6 against the Spurs, Warriors, Jazz and Grizzlies as of this writing.
How confident is the coli that Houston can continue to push it and just outscore their opponents in the playoffs?

:yeshrug: