Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I just finished "I Saw the Devil', and I have to say it's seriously overrated, and I don't see how it qualifies as horror. I guess it's in the same vein as Texas Chainsaw Massacre? More gore than scares for me. :yeshrug:

I never really saw it as horror...its more action/thriller to me. I wouldn't say its overrated as I think its a great revenge film. I don't think it was meant to scare. South Korean film is very gory and extreme whether its a thriller or a comedy lol

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I never really saw it as horror...its more action/thriller to me. I wouldn't say its overrated as I tn hink its a great revenge film. I don't think it was meant to scare. South Korean film is very gory and extreme whether its a thriller or a comedy lol

I think if I had went in knowing that, I would have enjoyed it more. It was OK.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I meant in terms of the type of 'horror'. It's more of a maniac killing spree type of flick.

Actually, the Revenge film is a very popular genre in South Korean film. That's what it is. Not necessarily horror, but a protagonist has to try and stop a homicidal maniac that seems to be unstoppable and commits horrific acts that are borderline cartoonish. We root for the protagonist so its a very engaging film for the audience. Not really horror imo.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Actually, the Revenge film is a very popular genre in South Korean film. That's what it is. Not necessarily horror, but a protagonist has to try and stop a homicidal maniac that seems to be unstoppable and commits horrific acts that are borderline cartoonish. We root for the protagonist so its a very engaging film for the audience. Not really horror imo.

Still need to see this.. Also Target has some great sales going on for Halloween.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
yea Any of the foreign "devil" movies are great: I saw the Devil, House of the Devil, Here Comes the Devil...they are all pretty damn great, all different though

Yeah i haven't seen any of those so I will have to look them up. Thanks for the recommending them..:salute:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised 'Audition' has only been mentioned once or twice :ehh:
Utterly disturbing doesn't necessarily translate to best for me :manny: . I remember telling some friends in hs about this movie when it came out, not even recommending it just telling them it was the most fukked up thing I've ever seen. Dudes took it as a dare/glowing recommendation, tracked it down and watched it. They came back to school like :merchant: asking me why I told them to watch it :russ:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Utterly disturbing doesn't necessarily translate to best for me :manny: . I remember telling some friends in hs about this movie when it came out, not even recommending it just telling them it was the most fukked up thing I've ever seen. Dudes took it as a dare/glowing recommendation, tracked it down and watched it. They came back to school like :merchant: asking me why I told them to watch it :russ:

Same thing happened when I told people about Salo: 120 Days of Sodom...dudes took that as a bet when I was like :jonfacepalm: then they came back like :docwtf:

Daps
Fair enough. But that act 1/2 - 3 buildup is basically unparalleled and the narrative is so rich you'd swear it wasn't a horror film.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Same thing happened when I told people about Salo: 120 Days of Sodom...dudes took that as a bet when I was like :jonfacepalm: then they came back like :docwtf:
:mjlol:

I swear, nobody reads a summary about shyt. I got got once, and that shyt hasn't happened since.

"You should watch Irreversible. That shyt is crazy fam" :ooh:

"Yo, word?" :lupe:

"Do that. Monica Belluccii's in it!" :lolbron:

:ohhh: "I'll check it out"

*watches film*

:merchant::damn::damn::mjcry::wow: