We smoking on that XBOX pack tonight. It's Ovah. RIP XBOX.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Then tell your beloved Nintendo to step it the fukk up when it comes to at least being semi-current generation specs side, if you feel so feverish on that angle. Which is once again, fukking unfounded and stupid that you keep ranting about Sony all of a sudden going to do a 2.5xs price increase out of nowhere, whether they have competition or not. There is still a price limit on consoles and it's not just going to balloon several times out of control in a matter of a 4-5 years. Maybe in 2050 console gaming could get that expensive, if inflation gets to that degree. That's still a big if at that.

Sony once got arrogant at the end of the PS2 era and dropped the PS3 for $600 in 2006, right before the Great Recession. They thought that they had no competition, and felt themselves way too early. They even did that with the PSP, thinking that people would tolerate PS2 ports of games that they already played because they thought that the Nintendo DS was 'weak' and thought that they controlled the narrative. By 2008, the DS sonned the PSP beyond belief.

And Yes, when the Switch 2 drops this Fall, that talking point will be muted with the hardware. If Nintendo did the traditional super-high end console with Sony, with its 1st party gaming, same specs and same pricing, you know that the CULT of Sony will convince casual gamers that Nintendo can't do anything right. So in Nintendo's case, be an innovator, make unparalleled 1st party software that last the test of time, and release those games in a handheld/console hybrid form where people don't have to be required to be at home to play. When you talk about the graphics >> gameplay talking point, you saying that gameplay itself is an optional 2nd place while graphics is 1st. Sony is a cult for those that hate to try anything innovative or different, so they just drop shinier and shinier graphics while the imagination goes in the wayside.

And Yes, I see Sony getting arrogant RIGHT NOW and gonna start price gouging, like the PS store going up 30% out the blue.

How is no competition good for Sony, or gamers in general? Getting M$ out the paint is one thing, but not have another console rival is troubling for the foreseeable future is disturbing.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I’m loving the pivot I’m seeing around, that we need Xbox as competition and check and balance on PlayStation :mjlol:

That is actually true. Disney tried to do this when they were buying up all those other studios like FOX and Lucasfilms.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
That is actually true. Disney tried to do this when they were buying up all those other studios like FOX and Lucasfilms.
In theory it is true. But I don’t see Microsoft as being that check and balance since the 360 era. Because if they really were, they wouldn’t have had to acquire Zenimax and ABK.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
I'm not a M$ stan, but a $1200 console will be your reality with the PS6. Enjoy the senseless price gouging. :unimpressed:

We need competition in gaming. Anyone saying no, basically doesn't respect their wallets.

I'll put everything I have on the line that PS6 won't be anywhere near $1200. How much you willing to put up?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I'll put everything I have on the line that PS6 won't be anywhere near $1200. How much you willing to put up?

Anything over $500 for a next gen console at its launch is price gouging and greed. PS6 comes out and cost over $500, I'm willing to put $800 on that as a real life wager.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seemingly everyday there’s a new cac tweet rumor that sends the gaming world into a frenzy. 99% of the time it’s false or way overblown.

We are already getting some walk back. cac tweets are now claiming hifi was “canceled” for switch.

This is how it always goes. They throw out a bunch of “maybe” and “thinking about”s then people react to it like it’s factual news then when the shyt don’t happen then say. “well plans changed but the rumors were real”

No company is gonna respond to every twitter rumor.

I 100% guarantee the reaction to the rumors is very much disproportionate to what the announcement actually is.

They are gonna come out and say “some games might come to other platforms to grow our audience, but we remain committed to box hardware, this is the hardware we’ve been working on”

And all the people jumping out the window on both sides are gonna be left looking stupid and jewelzing to justify their immature behavior. Video game industry online discourse is absolute clown shyt.

The same people yall are clowning in here are making the rumors. On one hand they are clown fsggots with terrible opinions and behavior. On the other hand yall treat them as credible news sources when they say something you can stan

Clown shyt all around.
My nikka we know that’s exactly what they are going to say. I think the main concern from people is WHAT games are they porting over.

And I speak for myself they ain’t got shyt that will move the needle like that for me at least

Red Money

All Star
Daps
:francis:Facts regardless of how many teraflops Microsoft puts in their consoles. If the games aren’t there then the system is just blowing air.

Many games today could run on a PS3 with reduced polygons....reduced fidelity...possibly lower frame rate....etc.

But I bet you want the ps5 version because the hardware is more powerful to make the game "look" better.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Ok and whose fault is that?

Those Cacs at Ms should have done a better job

So it is OK for Sony to price gouge to infinity because of that?? :pachaha: Sony got its gamers into a whole CULT, like Trump supporters, that can do anything that would flatline its competition if the competition did the same thing.

Even Nintendo knows better and they have handhelds on LOCK for decades. They welcome Steam Deck and other competition because it keeps them on their toes.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Phil Spencer and his cronies are white privilege personified. There's no way a minority would've been given this many chances to fail upwards and sink a ship like that. It's crazy what happened to the company once Peter Moore left because Xbox went from a seirous brand to a meme once he left.

100% facts.

It's unbelievable how many chances these guys got and still found ways to trip over themselves.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
So you're talking out your ass. First it was PS6 will be $1200, now it's anything over $500 🤣

But its true. :sas2:

Sony will take advantage of this and people will forget a time period where there was competition around on the traditional console front.