We smoking on that XBOX pack tonight. It's Ovah. RIP XBOX.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GFmkcskXMAAI8k_

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Microsoft fukked up letting buffoons run Xbox. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aint no "might". It's over for these bozos and Stevie Wonder coulda seen this coming.

Ain't shyt free in this world. You spend almost 80 billion on something, you want to start to recoup those costs. What they were told about the means of recouping wasn't happening the way it was sold (increased hardware and gamepass subs), so Nutella and the CFO said enough of the bullshyt, and want their money. Only way was opening up to other platforms, even if they are competitors. Hardware is selling worse than the previous gen as well. It's over for them hardware wise. Dunno what they gonna do with Gamepass as both Sony and Nintendo won't want it on their platforms either.

It's over for dem nikkaz. They gotta go full 3rd party publisher so they can start to recoup. OG Xbox and first half of the 360 was good, but it's been shyt since.

XBox has shown the amount of influence money and marketing can do for an inferior product for over a decade. Nothing they've done since the heyday of the 360 when they were moneyhatting exclusives has been smart for their brand or long term success/sustainability.

I think Forza is the only franchise they've truly established in-house. They bought Halo and Gears while they were in development. I guess Ori probably counts.

Over 20+ years, their solution to exclusives has never been to develop studios and talent. Throwing money at other companies was their only plan. Then, when they did have their own in-house studios, they were forced onto Halo and Gears since the original studios for those games moved on but MS couldn't.

They started this Game Pass foolishness and conditioned their customer base into not paying for games. All I've read since it was introduced was XBox owners asking when any game is coming to Game Pass so they don't have to buy it. :heh:

Games are costing nine figures to make now and instead of selling millions of copies at $70 a pop, MS wants to give them away. There were insane deals for years that people were stacking. I'd be interested in knowing how many people are actually paying $15/month and how many are on subs that are between $1-10/month for YEARS on end.

Not to mention, MS was getting third party games on there, which definitely wasn't cheap. The epitome of robbing Peter to pay Paul. :heh:

And even with gobbling up every studio that would sell to them, they still haven't developed shyt on their own. There isn't a single franchise now or coming that will make someone say, "I gotta get an XBox." There is nothing exciting coming.

Remember when they tried to double the price of XBox Live a few years ago and quickly backtracked? They were trying to recoup money then.

Their bean counters definitely looked at the Activision/Bethesda deals, realized those prices were based on selling games on PS5 as well and asked how the fukk they managed to make those acquisitions pay off. :usure:

Cutting corners for 20 years finally reached an end point and here we are. How that bozo Phil Spencer conned the people above him into this mess is remarkable. There's clearly no common sense when it comes to video games in that company. Just more money than they know what to do with and they're used to that solving every problem.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

Can't wait for this to blow over and y'all all be wrong and then pivot to some other nuance.

At the rate Xbox will have 1st party games coming out they could put 2 releases each year on PS/NS and be golden on "exclusives" still.

I'll be sure to remind y'all of how silly you looked though

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

Can't wait for this to blow over and y'all all be wrong and then pivot to some other nuance.

At the rate Xbox will have 1st party games coming out they could put 2 releases each year on PS/NS and be golden on "exclusives" still.

I'll be sure to remind y'all of how silly you looked though
20220923133005.jpg

Last edited: