We smoking on that XBOX pack tonight. It's Ovah. RIP XBOX.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Absolutely pathetic.

Like a dude waiting on a bus that's a few minutes delay decides to pick up an Uber and go "BYAH BYAH", when the damn bus pulls up as soon as the Uber ride causing 14.99 picks them up.

You just pissed away 700 dollars to make a 300 dollar exchange. Bravo!!!

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Remember looking at the GP numbers recently and the $80 billion in acquisitions would have a payback period of over two decades.

Explain this to me like I'm a smooth brained koala....ummm, is GP a success or cap because it seems like a bit of doom and gloom vs salty ass physical gang trying to get the puters putin.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You don’t know what they are gonna do.

This will be another case of internet hype being
more intense than the actual event.

Crazy part is, you are all adults. nikkas having meltdowns over video games :huhldup:

I'm not having a meltdown. I own them all. I have no dog in this fight outside of what's going to give me the best shyt. I'm interested in what it means for the business landscape of gaming.

These man just spent BILLIONS on the Bethesda and Activision buyouts. From a consumer point of view, if things like Halo/Hi-Fi Rush/Gears and Elder Scrolls is going to just be on my PS5 anyway, then why bother with an Xbox? Hell why bother even with Gamepass in some instances?

Exclusivity isn't just some catchphrase. It's actively something that loops people into your ecosystem, even if they don't become stans. It's not the end all be all, but when that was what you were hanging your hat on (like Xbox was in this instance), then it's a big deal. Nothing that concerns billions of dollars is a nothing burger. Like I said, if this was any other consumer electronics story it would be mass headlines.

Imagine if Apple all of a sudden said "All of our shyt works on PC now. Garageband, Final Cut, all our peripherals. Everything. ". Why the hell would you buy a Macbook, in that case, when there's dozens of other cheaper options around?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Explain this to me like I'm a smooth brained koala....ummm, is GP a success or cap because it seems like a bit of doom and gloom vs salty ass physical gang trying to get the puters putin.
I capping a little bit but GP is what, $10/month (with 1 year subscription)? At 25 million users that’s $250 million per month. Divide $250 million into the $80 billion they paid for Bussythesda and AssEnvision…that’s 320 fukking months or over 26 fukking years to break-even.

This of course assumes no growth in subscriber base, because frankly GP is trash. :yeshrug: However it also does not include huge ass ongoing game development costs for games that will be put on GP day 1.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not having a meltdown. I own them all. I have no dog in this fight outside of what's going to give me the best shyt. I'm interested in what it means for the business landscape of gaming.

These man just spent BILLIONS on the Bethesda and Activision buyouts. From a consumer point of view, if things like Halo/Hi-Fi Rush/Gears and Elder Scrolls is going to just be on my PS5 anyway, then why bother with an Xbox? Hell why bother even with Gamepass in some instances?

Most people playing games aren’t choosing a platform based on “exclusive” games.

All of the people in here proclaiming what xbox games they are gonna buy already didn’t buy an xbox for them.

All Playstation games are also on PC and people still buy playstations.

Most of this hype is just console wars and dueling cac tweets.
Exclusivity isn't just some catchphrase. It's actively something that loops people into your ecosystem, even if they don't become stans. It's not the end all be all, but when that was what you were hanging your hat on (like Xbox was in this instance), then it's a big deal. Nothing that concerns billions of dollars is a nothing burger. Like I said, if this was any other consumer electronics story it would be mass headlines.

Imagine if Apple all of a sudden said "All of our shyt works on PC now. Garageband, Final Cut, all our peripherals. Everything. ". Why the hell would you buy a Macbook, in that case, when there's dozens of other cheaper options around?
There is no story. Just tweets and rumors.

when something is announced then there will be a story to talk about.

No other industry would be this whipped up into a frenzy over unsubstantiated rumors and tweets.

The announcement could be fairly benign and people have already lost their shyt and made a fool of themselves on both sides.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I capping a little bit but GP is what, $10/month (with 1 year subscription)? At 25 million users that’s $250 million per month. Divide $250 million into the $80 billion they paid for Bussythesda and AssEnvision…that’s 320 fukking months or over 26 fukking years to break-even.

This of course assumes no growth in subscriber base, because frankly GP is trash. :yeshrug: However it also does not include huge ass ongoing game development costs for games that will be put on GP day 1.

As a GP user, it's accessible and no different from going to Blockbuster or using Gametap :flabbynsick:

Companies bleed money on a yearly basis, but it's just a scratch to some gunshots.

Microsoft probably going to focus mainly on the Sega route and give the goods to the rivals, while focusing mainly on their crack house ala the monopoly and online features. Yes the series x was a flop, but they would be fools to just bush the entire system.

All in all, this is all ASSumptions and doom and gloom, as next week it's just going to address the exclusive deal...OR a potential chance of having GP on a Sony console ala xcloud :lupe:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Most people playing games aren’t choosing a platform based on “exclusive” games.

All of the people in here proclaiming what xbox games they are gonna buy already didn’t buy an xbox for them.

No other industry would be this whipped up into a frenzy over unsubstantiated rumors and tweets.

The announcement could be fairly benign and people have already lost their shyt and made a fool of themselves on both sides.
I don't think this is true.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

1. Timed exclusivity is still a thing. I get your point, but it's dishonest to act like FOMO isn't a serious motivator in content consumption habits. That's the only reason exclusivity is even valuable.

2. So then we should never ever make a thread on leaks ever again? :russ:

But seriously, I get what you're saying and for the most part. Its logically sound and if Phil comes out and deads it then it's a non-issue. But the fact that he's even said that "there's an update to our business" IS an admission that something is changing. Either way, that doesn't mean that people aren't allow to speculate.

And like I said, there's BILLIONS swimming around and some of these content folks have indeed made their living off this shyt. (not that I sympathize with that). Even if the fire under the smoke is minimal it's still a large shift for a paradigm in the industry that's existed for nearly 20 years.

Last edited: