We smoking on that XBOX pack tonight. It's Ovah. RIP XBOX.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

X10SqWC.jpg

The only thing that would make this funnier is if Xbox fanboys start destroying their consoles in protest.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You can't keep spending a few billion dollars here, a few billion dollars there then a whole bunch of billion dollars over there then see no big return no matter what company you are and not be hurting.

I don't know how many billions they spent over the last few years, but I'm pretty sure they won't be making that back anytime soon. Prior to acquisition Activision was roughly pulling in $5 billion profit. So you need ~15 years to break even.

shyt has consequences and you still have other costs. They spent nearly how much we gave to other countries on acquisitions.

You got to chill. You ain't the U.S government, who collects ~$4 trillion dollars in taxes every year. The difference is U.S government don't got to sell anything to pull in that money and don't need their employees to be performing on A+ levels day-in and day-out.

Last edited:

Half A $

Pro
Daps
You can't keep spending a few billion dollars here, a few billion dollars there then a whole bunch of billion dollars over there then see no big return no matter what company you are and not be hurting.
These dumb fukks thought MS wouldn't want any ROI on spending 80 billion on studios :dead:

Like how the fukk does anyone think a company that is worth 3 trillion would even operate like that:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I don't know how many billions they spent over the last few years, but I'm pretty sure they won't be making that back anytime soon.

shyt has consequences. They spent nearly how much we gave to Ukraine over the last few years on acquisitions. You ain't the U.S government, who can just print money at any time (exaggeration). You got to chill.

activision / blizzard cost them $78Billion
and Bethesda cost them $7.5B

:dead:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
These dumb fukks thought MS wouldn't want any ROI on spending 80 billion on studios :dead:

Like how the fukk does anyone think a company that is worth 3 trillion would even operate like that:mjlol:
Exactly and that's only gaming.

It's like people forget how much you got to spend on maintenance for the entire company.

The company got 200,000 people working there. If they paying on average $120k per year, that's like $24 billion in salary they got to pay every year in addition to whatever else they're paying for these employees.

shyt don't grow on trees. They spent roughly 3-4 years of paying their entire company's salaries on these acquisitions. You still got to pay your employees and your costs.

Microsoft is a $3 trillion company, but the U.S Government pulls in $4 trillion of taxes each year from it's citizens (and more for other transactions). So when it spends $80 billion on some aid, they getting all that back and then some by April. Microsoft's gaming division isn't going to cover that in a year or two.

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

nikkas thought MS worth a trillion so xbox shyt just a drop in the bucket with a blank check. They thought they was on some unlimited warchest shyt :mjlol:
Was only a matter of time for the main division started looking at xbox sideways.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
activision / blizzard cost them $78Billion
and Bethesda cost them $7.5B

:dead:
In addition to the operating costs of those companies have (not cheap).

I'm sure some people thought they simply buy the companies and don't have to pay for the salaries and expenses of the teams they bought.

Last edited:

ForeverLurking

Posts as a Service
Daps
Reppin
The Place Where Dreams Go To Die
Exactly and that's only gaming.

It's like people forget how much you got to spend on maintenance for the entire company.

The company got 200,000 people working there. If they paying on average $120k per year, that's like $24 billion in salary they got to pay every year in addition to whatever else they're paying for these employees.

shyt don't grow on trees. They spent roughly 3-4 years of paying their entire company's salaries on these acquisitions. You still got to pay your employees and your costs.

Microsoft is a $3 trillion company, but the U.S Government pulls in $4 trillion of taxes each year from it's citizens (and more for other transactions). So when it spends $80 billion on some aid, they getting all that back and then some by April. Microsoft's gaming division isn't going to cover that in a year or two.
I swear there was something posted a few months ago about them spending about a Billion per month for the games they put on GamePass. Add that to operating costs and shyt, can't be too surprised a CFO pushes them in this direction if the brand is dwindling.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Coming from the person who cheered on a 3 trillion dollar corporation buying a 75 billion dollar game publisher 😂
You are so disingenuous. I have no fondness there it was simply a desire to see some level of competitiveness in the space. I’ve made it clear that that wasn’t ideal. You know back when you argued that oh if Microsoft left the field another company would just slide into their place.

You’re the Fox News of this shyt. Pretending to be fair and balanced when everyone knows you’re anything but.