We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Tell me saints fans..which heart breaking way will y’all lose this playoff game?

A) missed tackle
diggs.0.gif

B) missed call
NoFlag.gif

C) defense choking at the end
200.gif

:mjgrin:

:mjlol: I would rather the Saints go through ALL of those + the other heartbreaking Ls a million times, than for "28-3" to happen to us just ONCE. :laff:

Had "28-3" happened to us, I would be DONE with sports, PERIOD. :mjlol: :laff: :dead: :deadrose: :deadmanny:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
On second thought... Georgia is cool in my book if they pull this run on senate and get rid of bum ass Kentucky from running this country.

Only for a week..

:ufdup:

No Falcons or UGA fans included.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I do think what hurt Bush the most was simply old school development of RBs, philosophical tendency/technique for RBs of his time, and play design. if Bush had late 2010s level of offensive wizardry and modern RB technique... His big play ability and shiftiness would be on a different level cheat code. His style and talent was simply ahead of it's time even for an HOF mind like Sean Payton. His burst, cuts, and spins where pretty nasty when timed perfectly.

hindsight 20/20... if it wasn't for Reggie Bush and later Darren Sporles... Payton having to slowly learn to reinvent what a RB can do. He would of waste Kamara.

Got damn taker you've had some shytTY takes lately. The impending playoffs got you going through it bruh? :mjlol:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Got damn taker you've had some shytTY takes lately. The impending playoffs got you going through it bruh? :mjlol:
Would he or wouldn't he be better in the era? Where teams are playing 75% in nickel and dime? Where the Barry Sanders style of East, West, Negative rushing is long gone? Where pass catching and fundamental camps focus so much passing? Before option reads and etc? Before pistol and RPO wave took the NFL by storm?

Bush only averaged 60 catches a year
Sporles averaged 75 catches a year
Kamara averaged 80 catches a year

And this is an era where we passed 70% of the time

Bush was really one of the 1st of his kind as a dual threat back. Pierre Thomas was the ultimate tweener that fit the era better than Bush did at the time, but he was very limited outside of the screen game.

Before 2011... Payton clearly leaned on more traditional running backs like Thomas, Bell, Ivory and etc till 2013 where we switched to zone running scheme.

You wanna know why Payton stay in the game so long and keep producing top offenses? It's because he keeps getting better. You either get better or you get left behind. Bush, Thomas, and Sproles... Help developed Payton vision of a dual threat ultimate RB. It didn't just come over night when Kamara was drafted. It been years of Payton self scouting and developing new plays, scouting other teans, analytics and concepts. We are big on analytics, too.

If you honestly can't understand the context... You can always just ask instead of jumping on my case.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
@taker597 there's no context needed lol

Y'all just can't accept Reggie was what he was. Reggie came AFTER Gayle Sayers and Barry Sanders, but coaches in the 2000s didn't know how to utilize him? LMFAO.

Sean Payton got Darren Sproles the same offseason we lost Reggie and Sproles instantly killed it in the offense. I guess Payton magically learned how to coach running backs of that hybrid soon as Reggie left huh? :russ:

It's ok to acknowledge Reggie was a good player without juelz'ing excuses for why he didn't light the NFL on fire the way he was hyped up to. No one calls Reggie a bust and if they do they are stupid. Reggie was a valuable player and is a Saints HOFer for life. But the:cape: for him because he wasn't All Pro or even a Pro Bowler while playing simultaneously as Maurice Jones Drew who I guess was lucky to have Carl Smith and Dirk Koetter as his playcaller instead of Sean Payton:skip: is ridiculous on here

taker597

Superstar
Daps
@taker597 there's no context needed lol

I was more in line talking about the physical talent level of Bush.

Gayle Sayers and his 34year career... C'mon man... Payton wasn't even 3 years old when that dude was playing.

You right about what Bush is, but his talent level was pretty amazing. He just mad underachieve because of injuries, east and west Sanders bullshyt, and old school technique for a new school position just wasn’t it chief.

But if another running back with 4.34 speed came out... And his athleticism. I be stanning him as a prospect.

SPOILER alert

Bush 2009 is when Payton learned the figure out the hybrid role or sniper position. Look at that... Bush had the 3rd most TDs on a Superbowl team. Big plays. Etc. Lit it up in the post season. That is the Payton gadget position in beta form.

Also, speaking 2011... That's the year where offenses just went off and defenss were so bad. There was like 3 5,000 passers and broke a shyt ton of league wide offensive numbers.

Sproles did regressed year after year... Which I don't think much off.

2012 - Payton Suspended
2013 - Team was old and falling off

Is 2013 the worst offense we ever put together?

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I was more in line talking about the physical talent level of Bush.

Gayle Sayers and his 34year career... C'mon man... Payton wasn't even 3 years old when that dude was playing.

You right about what Bush is, but his talent level was pretty amazing. He just mad underachieve because of injuries, east and west Sanders bullshyt, and old school technique for a new school position just wasn’t it chief.

But if another running back with 4.34 speed came out... And his athleticism. I be stanning him as a prospect.

SPOILER alert

Bush 2009 is when Payton learned the figure out the hybrid role or sniper position. Look at that... Bush had the 3rd most TDs on a Superbowl team. Big plays. Etc. Lit it up in the post season. That is the Payton gadget position in beta form.

Also, speaking 2011... That's the year where offenses just went off and defenss were so bad. There was like 3 5,000 passers and broke a shyt ton of league wide offensive numbers.

Sproles did regressed year after year... Which I don't think much off.

2012 - Payton Suspended
2013 - Team was old and falling off

Is 2013 the worst offense we ever put together?
Bush playoff game vs Arizona was legendary. It's his peak NFL moment in my opinion.

I probably am too critical of you because that "the Saints wasted Bush, imagine if Reid had him" was so got damn stupid (and got 19 daps :mjlol:) that you also attributing Bush's failures to Payton made you catch a stray from me.

I still disagree in general with your overall mindset on Payton not getting the most out of Bush (that's too much of a copout and ignoring Reggie's own downfalls IMO) and think people :cape: for Bush WAY too much on this forum and deliberately ignore the fact that backs like MJD was outshining him in the same era but I see some of the points you're making.

And I'm a Bush stan. I'm quick to jump on anyone who says Bush was a bust.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
shyt... I also forgot mention Brees wasn't checking down to RB as much either and this was before he became a 70% passer. Brees did do a mini Pokémon evolution from 2008 to 2009.

I need to rewatch some 2006, 2007, 2008 Brees on my nights at hospital. I just don't remember as much, because I've seen so much of him that it all blurs together.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Bush playoff game vs Arizona was legendary. It's his peak NFL moment in my opinion.

I probably am too critical of you because that "the Saints wasted Bush, imagine if Reid had him" was so got damn stupid (and got 19 daps :mjlol:) that you also attributing Bush's failures to Payton made you catch a stray from me.

I still disagree in general with your overall mindset on Payton not getting the most out of Bush (that's too much of a copout and ignoring Reggie's own downfalls IMO) and think people :cape: for Bush WAY too much on this forum and deliberately ignore the fact that backs like MJD was outshining him in the same era but I see some of the points you're making.

And I'm a Bush stan. I'm quick to jump on anyone who says Bush was a bust.
Reid would of wasted him too doe and already probably had the the 1st defacto hybrid back. Lol that's some trash take.

Reggie had issues due to his style of running because everyone had to have a little Sanders in their game at that time.

Reid had an eagles running back I loved that fit the mold. West something can't remember his name.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Granted... Bush did get some of the bad Sanders out of his game right when we dumped him lol.