We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
The Fournette signing doesn't move the pendulum for me. I see them still finishing 2nd in the NFC South but making the playoffs.

I will say Fournette has more potential to have a big one game than Ronald Jones. So if Fournette has a Derrick Henry type swing in January, then it's a great signing. But short term, I don't see this move making the Bucs jump us in my opinion.

Either way I still got them and us in the playoffs and whoever is the best team in January is what really matters.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The Fournette signing doesn't move the pendulum for me. I see them still finishing 2nd in the NFC South but making the playoffs.

I will say Fournette has more potential to have a big one game than Ronald Jones. So if Fournette has a Derrick Henry type swing in January, then it's a great signing. But short term, I don't see this move making the Bucs jump us in my opinion.

Either way I still got them and us in the playoffs and whoever is the best team in January is what really matters.
What's Tampa oline situation look like?

b. woods

Peace
Daps

Well that's why I have us winning the division.

Our O Line and secondary are exceptionally better. Barring injury, that should push us over all the NFC South teams.

What did I tell you about getting ahead of yourself, breh? :ufdup:

There are a few factors and odd quirks that are working against us:

1. My quote of @You know damn well's post :dry:
2. Since re-alignment began, we have NOT made the playoffs during a Leap/Election Year season (2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016). :snoop:
3. On the flipside, the Funboys :dame: have made the playoffs in EVERY one of those seasons (won the NFC South in 3 of the 4 years: 2004, 2012, and 2016; and appeared in the NFC Title Game in each of those years they won the division). :scusthov:

Add in the possibility of Brees FINALLY falling off for good and the "Defense" regressing to the "7-9 Purgatory" days, you cannot guarantee anything in the fukkery-filled NFC South when it comes to the Saints. :whoa:

Last edited:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O

2. Since re-alignment began, we have NOT made the playoffs during a Leap/Election Year season (2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016). :snoop:
3. On the flipside, the Funboys :dame: have made the playoffs in EVERY one of those seasons (won the NFC South in 3 of the 4 years: 2004, 2012, and 2016; and appeared in the NFC Title Game in each of those years they won the division). :scusthov:

Add in the possibility of Brees FINALLY falling off for good and the "Defense" regressing to the "7-9 Purgatory" days, you cannot guarantee anything in the fukkery-filled NFC South when it comes to the Saints. :whoa:
:picard: damn bruh
Have a daiquiri and breathe

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps

This is my favorite running 'gimmick' with us.:russ:

I didn't say we were locks or even guarantee a Super Bowl win lol. I just think we will win the division. But trust I know that history is against us, you didn't even include that no team has ever won the NFC South four straight times or that simply: parity is a bytch.

Either way, as high as I am on the team this year (and admittedly I am very high on us...it's just hard not to see our talent and see other people laud our talent and not have high expectations), getting to January and actually not taking a step back in January like we've done the last three years is my biggest and ultimate concern.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
It's NEVER easy to breathe in the NFC South for us, breh. :ufdup:

You know how hardheaded this division is. :snoop:
Truthfully I'm not getting too invested in this season(for obvious reasons)
Next year is when I'll give a fukk
Winston at qb gives me hope
Tampa bay ALLLLL in this year but o line trash who knows how Gronkowski gone hold up hell he's one hit from Davis to going back to wwe

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Tampa bay ALLLLL in this year but o line trash who knows how Gronkowski gone hold up hell he's one hit from Davis to going back to wwe
There's no guarantee Winston is our QB next year and we will probably have to make some tough cuts next year to pay Ram and Latt.

I don't subscribe to this being the last year of our window just cuz Brees is leaving, because that would deliberately ignore that the reason we're in this spot is we've kicked the draft's ass the last few years (thus our core is top tier AND young), but I do think short term the odds for us to win it all are probably the best THIS season due to it being a good timing of the end peak of our vets and the rising peak of our young guys.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
  • Round 1, pick 24: Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan.
  • Round 3, pick 74: Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin.
  • Round 3, pick 105: Adam Trautman,TE, Dayton.
  • Round 7, pick 240: Tommy Stevens, QB,

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Sad shyt is I can't remember who the fukk we drafted :francis:

Michigan O-lineman Ruiz

If the O-Line fukks up this season (especially with Peat out :mjlol:), we will know whose fault it is. :ufdup: @smitty22

This is my favorite running 'gimmick' with us.:russ:

I didn't say we were locks or even guarantee a Super Bowl win lol. I just think we will win the division. But trust I know that history is against us, you didn't even include that no team has ever won the NFC South four straight times or that simply: parity is a bytch.

Either way, as high as I am on the team this year (and admittedly I am very high on us...it's just hard not to see our talent and see other people laud our talent and not have high expectations), getting to January and actually not taking a step back in January like we've done the last three years is my biggest and ultimate concern.

2004 was our best chance to make the postseason during a post-re-alignment Leap/Election year. :mjcry:

Rams, Vikings, Jets, and Bills fukked us over at the end of that season. :pacspit:

Lowkey, I feel the same way. :francis:

I just don't trust these other teams from stopping the Funboys from going on a run if we end up having a down year. :smh:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Michigan O-lineman Ruiz

If the O-Line fukks up this season (especially with Peat out :mjlol:), we will know whose fault it is. :ufdup: @smitty22

2004 was our best chance to make the postseason during a post-re-alignment Leap/Election year. :mjcry:

Rams, Vikings, Jets, and Bills fukked us over at the end of that season. :pacspit:

Lowkey, I feel the same way. :francis:

I just don't trust these other teams from stopping the Funboys from going on a run if we end up having a down year. :smh:
Man I remember we beat Carolina to go 8-8 and then the freaking Jets lost to the Rams and s/o to Herm cuz I think that game meant nothing for the Jets yet he still had them playing hard but damn...the Rams stay fukking us over lol. I was deflated. We prob would have took an L in the playoffs but you could not convince 16 year old me that the winners of four straight 8-8 team wasn't the most dangerous team in the league lol.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Man I remember we beat Carolina to go 8-8 and then the freaking Jets lost to the Rams and s/o to Herm cuz I think that game meant nothing for the Jets but he had them playing hard but damn...the Rams stay fukking us over lol. I was deflated. We prob would have took an L in the playoffs but you could not convince 16 year old me that the winners of four straight 8-8 team wasn't the most dangerous team in the league lol.

Actually, entering Week 17, the Jets needed to get in the playoffs with a win OR Bills loss.

The Bills were in with a win AND Jets OR Broncos loss.

The sorry-ass Bills were AT HOME facing the Steelers (who had the AFC North Division Title AND 1st Seed/Homefield Advantage in the AFC Payoffs locked up, so they rested several players), and they STILL lost. :snoop:

Once that happened, the Jets were like :yeshrug: against the Rams and tanked the rest of the game and backed into the playoffs. :smh:

And to make matters worse, them, the Rams, AND Vikings ALL WON in the Wild Card. :pacspit:

Eventually, ALL OF THEM got their issue in the Divisional Round. :birdman:

They all learned an important lesson: DON'T fukk OVER THE SAINTS. :ufdup:

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Which one of you brehs posted this on TD. It got downvoted, but respect
You clowns cant wait to scream your support for the adulterer bankruptcy artist orange man but when a sports team that is mostly black shows support for an issue that is important in the black community....well now you have morals and principles? You are sad and I pity your sad life. Very sad. Not good.
:ehh: