We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

" Chart 3 reveals that differential educational attainment between white and Black New York State residents does not fully account for these wide wealth discrepancies. For those with a high school degree (or equivalent) only, the white median household net worth is $101,200, while the Black median household net worth is $18,070—a ratio of 5.6. For those with a bachelor’s degree, the gap is significantly wider: $443,619 for white B.A. holders versus $32,000 for Black B.A. holders—a ratio of 13.9. Notably, the median white New Yorker with a high school degree still has a net worth over three times greater than the median Black New Yorker with a bachelor’s degree."

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
There's been a reversal happening already for close to 20 years...
Really 30 years. Black people been moving back in large numbers since the 1990s.

Some people just won't be happy until 100% of Black folks are in the southern region.

African Americans moved to the South in record numbers over the 1990s, creating a substantial shift in population that researchers attribute to a vibrant regional economy and a more hospitable racial climate.

An analysis of Census Bureau statistics released yesterday indicates that nearly 370,000 blacks moved to the South between 1990 and 1995, more than double the number in the previous five-year period. That made the South the only region in the country where more blacks moved in than migrated out over the first half of the 1990s, said William Frey, a demographer at the University of Michigan who conducted the study.

While previous government statistics have shown the recent movement of African Americans to the South, the new study quantified for the first time the dramatic acceleration of that migration this decade.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This is why Atlanta turned to shyt.

I’m not even from there but people from up North damn near ruined the culture.

Bringing all your trauma from these racists up North to people who don’t deserve your baggage ….

Hate to say this, but there is truth to this :francis:

When I visited ATL for the first time in Summer 2001, the term "Southern Hospitality" was in full effect. I was given tons of free food from establishments, I snuck in 18+ older clubs while I was underaged and no one made a big deal, women were friendly and easy, and cost of living was super cheap.

But right after that, I knew a ton of people I personally knew from NY started to flock down there after HS graduation.

Then I visited down there for the upteenth time in late 2022. shyt was expensive, everyone more rude than NY is stereotyped to be, people are greedy, scamming and robberies were commonplace, ratchet behavior became the norm, and dreadfully overcrowded with traffic and congested areas like clubs and arenas with sport games. The Pandemic was legit was the final blow on "Southern Hospitality" where all the degenerates gathered in ATL and stayed. There is no culture in ATL anymore; it became just another major city where everyone is chasing clout and very few people win that game.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nah we need to stop having abortions and fukk more.

Problem is, those babies gotta survive to adulthood years and be educated, productive citizens. You got to have a whole lifelong plan the moment those babies come out the womb, cause having aimless BS is how we get high child mortality rates among black kids :snoop:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
But don't you live in humid ass D.C?
If you think DC even comes close to the humidity in the south you're crazy. No comparison.

And why would I leave the richest state, a great neighborhood, and a good job market to live with a bunch of ignorant racist rednecks who don't believe in woman's bodily autonomy to make no money?

Hell nah

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you think DC even comes close to the humidity in the south you're crazy. No comparison.

And why would I leave the richest state, a great neighborhood, and a good job market to live with a bunch of ignorant racist rednecks who don't believe in woman's bodily autonomy to make no money?

Hell nah

I wasn't commenting on you leaving DC to go live with Bubba and nem. I was just asking if you lived in the sweltering hot, humid ass District of Columbia?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

" Chart 3 reveals that differential educational attainment between white and Black New York State residents does not fully account for these wide wealth discrepancies. For those with a high school degree (or equivalent) only, the white median household net worth is $101,200, while the Black median household net worth is $18,070—a ratio of 5.6. For those with a bachelor’s degree, the gap is significantly wider: $443,619 for white B.A. holders versus $32,000 for Black B.A. holders—a ratio of 13.9. Notably, the median white New Yorker with a high school degree still has a net worth over three times greater than the median Black New Yorker with a bachelor’s degree."
Isn’t this all worse in Southern metropolitan areas?