We need a First 48 thread

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Gonna get back on this. Was one of my favorite shows at one point but I fell off of it. this and ID channel will have you mad paranoid though lol.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Wow.

If you haven't watched this season's finale, it is something out of a movie. Quite possibly one of the most interesting episodes and the saddest episodes I've ever watched of the show. It is the Butterfly Effect gone horribly wrong. I don't want to spoil anything about the episode because it is that good but if anyone wants to talk about it, throw up some spoiler tags.

Let me know if you think Jason White made the right move regarding witness protection
Probably didn't think the threat was that serious since he was bugging out. In hindsight he should've sent him to Calfornia that night.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Wow.

If you haven't watched this season's finale, it is something out of a movie. Quite possibly one of the most interesting episodes and the saddest episodes I've ever watched of the show. It is the Butterfly Effect gone horribly wrong. I don't want to spoil anything about the episode because it is that good but if anyone wants to talk about it, throw up some spoiler tags.

Let me know if you think Jason White made the right move regarding witness protection
That episode was crazy:damn:

I felt bad for the dude Courtney. Maybe the detective could've did more to try to save him. But he did tell him to stay at his mom house and stay off the streets. You could see he was fukked up about it though

They didn't have to do that breh like that. He aint even set that dude up:to:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Click only if you've seen the season finale

I knew that the son's gf was involved. She was trying to come across as innocent and stuff but she was smiling way too hard during the initial interview and trying too hard to be the 'nice' girl and it came off as insincere. I knew she was in on it from the jump even if she didn't actually participate in the torture.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Click only if you've seen the season finale

I knew that the son's gf was involved. She was trying to come across as innocent and stuff but she was smiling way too hard during the initial interview and trying too hard to be the 'nice' girl and it came off as insincere. I knew she was in on it from the jump even if she didn't actually participate in the torture.
Was she charged? I didn't see that part.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is in the 2nd episode. Yeah she gets booked and goes to jail. I followed up the case online tho and she became a state witness and I think got to walk after helping the prosecutors with their case?
yeah they dropped that murder charge. she walked. the son is facing some felonies though

Trustus

Black like the planet that they fear
Supporter
Daps
Best show on TV
I wouldn't say that. This show has some problems.

EXCLUSIVE: Former female employees accuse TV docu-series 'First 48' of racial discrimination, harsh work conditions

On May 16, 2010, a 7-year-old Detroit girl named Aiyana Jones was shot and killed during a "special weapons and tactics" (SWAT) raid that was filmed by The First 48 cameras.[5] Detroit SWAT unit raided the duplex while searching for a homicide suspect. On October 5, 2011, prosecutors charged the Detroit police officer with the involuntary manslaughter of Jones. Allison Howard, an A&E Television Network camera operator filming that night, was charged with perjury and obstruction of justice after lying under oath.[6] She pleaded no contest to obstruction of justice and was sentenced to two years of probation

On November 18, 2009, 21-year-old Taiwan Smart was charged with two counts of second-degree murder of his two roommates in Miami's Little Haiti neighborhood.[4] His story aired later as an episode titled "Inside Job." Evidence later established that police made important mistakes in their investigation. Additionally, The First 48 misrepresented a key witness's statement on the program. Smart was released in June 2011 and has since sued the city of Miami for false imprisonment. The episode continues to air without correction.