We haven't "invented" anything great since the early 20th century

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
When was the computer INVENTED?

When were satellites INVENTED?

We are not quite 100 years past ALL the great inventions but we're like 75-80 years past them. Not ready to Google yet so I'll leave it at that for now.

The ENIAC was invented by J. Presper Eckert and John Mauchly at the University of Pennsylvania and began construction in 1943 and was not completed until 1946.

The first artificial satellite was Sputnik 1, launched by the Soviet Union on October 4, 1957

Those are mid-20th century, not early and those inventions were certainly great.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
it's all non-essential
really we just invent problems to replace them with new ones
keep yourself distracted and busy

life is a simple cycle that will always be the same
you're born you eat you sleep you piss/shyt you grow you bust nuts & repeat the cycle until you fall apart
simple

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You ain't knowin'?

They can make cars that run on water and chit like that...we coulda been had flying cars and all that thurr,
but there are too many industries that hinge on the way chit is set up.
thought you meant sidewalks that hover and anti gravity stuff :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: elaborate

Cars and planes are outdated technology

The first car made was an electric car, yet still electric cars aren't the standard, because the oil companies would never allow that to happen

Technology exists for vehicles to not even use wheels and run of clean energy such as sound waves

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Wright Brothers only went to High School...

Henry Ford studied bookkeeping in college...

People like Henry Ford, Edison and Wright Bros were mostly self taught...

Nah they usually jacked other people's ideas and called them their own. The assembly line is credited to Ford but think he'started it and forgot and what a hard core artist is.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Printer was already invented long time ago

Nobody in here understands what OP is saying :mindblown:
While I agree that most of the things mentioned in this thread are innovations and not inventions, I don't agree with the idea that a 3-D printer is an innovation of the printer.

The core functionalities and premises are not the same. The printer that was invented ages ago is transferring digital information onto an existing tangible item. A 3-D printer is essentially completely manufacturing products.

If it is an innovation, it's an innovation on some production machinery moreso than it is an innovation on a printer. A printer is just what someone decided to call it.

Long-story short. It probably still is technically an innovation. Just not of a printer.

Edit: After further thought I think a 3-D printer is an invention. Considering factory machinery is mostly just assembling parts created via some other process and a 3-D printer actually creates these parts from some composite material, I'm gonna classify it as an invention. Is there anything else that does that or something similar?

Last edited: