We haven't "invented" anything great since the early 20th century

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
so youre gonna ignore all the advancements in medicine

in the late 1910s the Spanish flu pandemic killed 50 million people. a stronger, new version of that influenza virus in 2009 killed less than 250,000

there are people with artificial organs living. hearts, livers, pancreas, etc

on the technology side, 3D Printers. you can 3D print anything from a table, an assault rifle, to human cells and organs

video chatting, although seemingly trivial, is a huge advancements that has affected how the world operates

and we're engaging in discourse on the Internet, possibly the most important invention since the typewriter

I guess I won't continue to repeat myself but vaccines and prosthetics were INVENTED when?

I don't mean that we aren't perfecting the shyt out of tech cause we really are. I am amazed by how intricate my phone is, but it's a radio when you break it all the way down.

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
I would consider that an application for a computer not a straight up invention.

Melting plastic and metal and molding it has been around quite a while.

Hmm then I don't know.
:manny:

It would be very hard to come up with a great 21st century invention if it has to be completely original.

Its kind of not fair though.

Youtube/Fabebook/social media etc are great 21st century inventions that would be disqualified because the internet was already around. These things have changed the way we live and are a daily part of our lives.

When Elon Musk eventually creates his space craft to get humans on the moon, would this invention also be disqualified because space travel technology has already been around?

An original invention coming soon could be the ability to implant and extract memories from the brain.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
They improved what was already there. Is the car not a great technological invention? Because it's just an updated mechanical version of a horse carriage that's been around for centuries before.

The engine is an invention.

Sure horses served as engines for a long time but the engine itself was a new thing.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Who is we?

Humans of course. The one group everybody is a member of.

Hmm then I don't know.
:manny:

It would be very hard to come up with a great 21st century invention if it has to be completely original.

Its kind of not fair though.

Youtube/Fabebook/social media etc are great 21st century inventions that would be disqualified because the internet was already around. These things have changed the way we live and are a daily part of our lives.

When Elon Musk eventually creates his space craft to get humans on the moon, would this invention also be disqualified because space travel technology has already been around?

I don't think it's cause we aren't smart. We have to be to take things and run with them.

They just got to it before we were born. The "future" was born in a flurry in the early 20th century. They basically invented all the future tech during that spurt.

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
@Ghost Utmost

INVENTION VS. INNOVATION: THE DIFFERENCE
In its purest sense, “invention“ can be defined as the creation of a product or introduction of a process for the first time. “Innovation,” on the other hand, occurs if someone improves on or makes a significant contribution to an existing product, process or service.

If were going by these definitions, then you would be correct. We have been doing a lot of innovating, but not really inventing much (at least not publicly).

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Radio, nuclear bombs, computers, cars, planes, spaceships

Relativity, Quantum Physics

All this shyt was invented in like 1930 (no Google).

The smart phone is cute but it's just radio/tv waves broadcasting to and from a super small computer. Your WiFi router is just a tiny ass radio/tv station. But it's two way.

So we are actually about 100 years in the "future". That "world of tomorrow" shyt already happened before some of your grandparents were born.

This right here is the dystopian "future". The entire ocean polluted - literally. The sky is broken (climate). Food kills more people than anything. And Lex Luthor is prez.

3D Printing will change everything.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I love how most people in here can't even grasp the point that OP is making :snoop:

The more I'm on the internet, the more I think I have to be in the top 5% of the smartest humans alive...and that's NOT a compliment towards myself...