We haven't "invented" anything great since the early 20th century

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I guess I won't continue to repeat myself but vaccines and prosthetics were INVENTED when?

I don't mean that we aren't perfecting the shyt out of tech cause we really are. I am amazed by how intricate my phone is, but it's a radio when you break it all the way down.
When you really break it down, a gun is just a really complex bow and arrow, and the lightbulb is just a fancy torch. we haven't any real innovation since cave man times.:ohhh:

FSP

Banned
Daps
Damn this is a really bold post. But the advancement in medicinal technology, space and rocket tech, military tech, computer tech, manufacturing and energy tech all invented past 1950 render this post IRRELEVANT

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Wright Brothers only went to High School...

Henry Ford studied bookkeeping in college...

People like Henry Ford, Edison and Wright Bros were mostly self taught...
Cost accounting is a LARGE part of manufacturing, if he studied college level bookkeeping that could actually be pretty useful towards understanding the assembly line process.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
We havent been afforded the opportunity to grow and evolve as a human race as a species....
Our minds and souls are being held captive by the current wave of technological advances such as smartphones

We havent invented many new useful life changing tools because educationally we are all regressing...
We have access to all information and data yet we ignore what we may need to evolve and consistently fed chemicals and frequencies that stunt our growth...

We actually have come along way wgen you really think aboit it OP

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
This is indeed a very interesting topic. I have been following this for quite some time, and i am kind of a geek chic. Whatever, if this guy is right, that is if? Which is the question and many scientist are indeed skeptical of this propulsion system because it violates Newton laws of motion. This propulsion system is called the em-drive. If it works it will change everything especially in regards to transportation and space travel will be very routine, and ironically Nasa scientist tested this weird propulsion system and reluctantly believe that it works, and the chinese and American government is rumor to be testing this exotic propulsion which some scientist believes violates Newton law.

What Is EmDrive, NASA's New Space Engine?
NASA's Physics-Defying EM Drive Passes Peer Review

The Science Behind the Impossible EM Drive

the Chinese
China claims to have built a working version of NASA's 'impossible' engine | Daily Mail Online

The scientist himself Roger Shawyer, British.

Interesting times ahead

BIXBY

Pro
Daps
OP need to back up for a minute:

Humans been around for nearly 1 Million years... for about 994,000 of those years, they lived the exact same way...

For HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of years the only inventions by humans was stone tools and fire... literally that's it!

From 6,000 years ago up until about 400 years ago only things people invented was how to work with metal and domestication of animals and agriculture...

80% of the shyt we use today was invented over the past 200 years or so... so basically the majority of technology we have today occurred in the latest 0.02% of human existence!

Meanwhile you look at the anthropological perspective ... humans (as all creatures of the earth do) take hundreds of thousands of years to evolve... the human brain only allows you to have the capability to manage social relationships with about 200-250 people and it's been like that since the Stone Age. Our brains have not grown much for thousands and thousands of years.

What is happening right now is we are just reaching the full potential of our biological capabilities... and very quickly. Our technology is now too complex for us to ponder with our minds!

Anyone and their mother know how a pulley system works... or how a lever works... or how wheels work... maybe even how a piston engine works... but how many Coli posters know how a computer chip is designed and manufactured? Or how a long-haul optical data driver sends electrical pulses through fiber-optic cables (the stuff that makes internet work)...as you get more complex with technology, fewer and fewer people have the mind to wrap around the concepts and theories required to build these complex technologies!

So naturally we will plateau in our ability to invent technology and our potential will be reached... it's possible we are already at that point today... the next step would be A.I.

... and Artificial super intelligence ...

Last edited:

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
When were solar panels and biodiesel invented?
The first photovoltaics experiments took place in the late 1880's, the solar cell was patented in the 1950's.
The first diesel engines ran on peanut oil in the 1890's. Biodiesel was patented in the 1970's.

...The em-drive...
I've been following the development of this probably as closely as you have. If this thing really works, its impact will blow away every invention since the dawn of the industrial age. But things have gotten real quiet on the subreddit and NasaSpaceFlight thread lately as far as experimenting so I'm not holding my breath.

Thinking about the question, OP really hit the nail on the head. I can't think of any revolutionary invention that's been conceived in the past 50 years. Everything's pretty much been an improvement on older ideas (nothing explicitly wrong with that, I don't want to have to live with cars, tvs, telephones, or computers from the 60's) or gadgety type shyt that we wouldn't really miss.

As far as new inventions, the biggest shyt we have to look forward to is a working fusion reactor, and for the EmDrive or some other laws-of-physics breaking means of propulsion becoming reality.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know what I thought about?

We haven't had an amendment to the Constitution since 1992. And that one (the 27th) was proposed in the 1700s and took 200 years to ratify.

The 26th amendment was the voting age at 18 and that was 1971.

We need to ratify some more. Because things are fukked up out here.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Underfund black schools bruhs.

These moron ass hillbillies can't do shyt