We haven't "invented" anything great since the early 20th century

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you limit access to resources and opportunity for a segment of population, you stifle the growth of civilization.

Also sports culture and media has dumb downed the masses.

There's guy who plays for the ravens who is a mathematical genius on some mr. fantastic shyt, but because he was big he was targeted by football recruits as a kid and brained into the cult football culture. He's so brainwashed he recognizes that he puts his abilities at risk by playing football, because after a concussion he lost his vision to come up with the crazy as equation that would just come to him naturally for a short time.

So he's one collision away from losing his gift and the potential benefits society could garner form it, if they just keep this guy in room working on problems

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Printer was already invented long time ago

Nobody in here understands what OP is saying :mindblown:

Oh right since because the printing press was intended centuries ago anything that "prints" isn't really a new invention.

If that's the case a plane wasn't new in the 20th century because that was just a hybrid of a bird and a bus. :laff:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think about this often and I agree.

All the big break through stuff has seemed to passed.

The only thing of recent that I feel like is pretty huge is cars driving for us.

I mean there are things that have been vastly improved on, (which cars driving us fall into really) but there hasn't been a big leap like there was.

Partly because of the economics of it all and partly because of the ethics that would be involved.

Alot of advances we made required some gruesome sacrifices

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like the only reasonable and "realistic" jump humans can make is something like teleportation, stasis, or accelerated healing.

Which sounds... very super human like. But I think we are at a point as human where most of what we do are just going to be improvements on what we have currently.

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
The century is still young breh , give us time.

mlz1zd.gif

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
When you limit access to resources and opportunity for a segment of population, you stifle the growth of civilization.

Also sports culture and media has dumb downed the masses.

There's guy who plays for the ravens who is a mathematical genius on some mr. fantastic shyt, but because he was big he was targeted by football recruits as a kid and brained into the cult football culture. He's so brainwashed he recognizes that he puts his abilities at risk by playing football, because after a concussion he lost his vision to come up with the crazy as equation that would just come to him naturally for a short time.

So he's one collision away from losing his gift and the potential benefits society could garner form it, if they just keep this guy in room working on problems
In the early 1900s people barely finished the 7th grade and were coming up with planes and cars. The real issue is we peaked.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the early 1900s people barely finished the 7th grade and were coming up with planes and cars. The real issue is we peaked.

dumbest shyt I ever heard

also if you think cars and planes were invented because of one person, you're a prime exmaple of the dumb down masses I'm talking about

Knowledge is easier to obtain now than then, you don't even need school

You can learn how to build car on the internet, the problem is, why are we still using cars, its because corporations won't allow innovation to put them out of business

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
When was the computer INVENTED?

When were satellites INVENTED?

We are not quite 100 years past ALL the great inventions but we're like 75-80 years past them. Not ready to Google yet so I'll leave it at that for now.
You're already on the internet anyway. How much extra work is it to Google something so you can actually know what you're talking about?