We Have a King...They Have a....a....a Deng???? Heat vs Bulls on TNT

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Please remind what the markets were for Greg Oden and Brandon Roy when it became clear they had ongoing knee injuries?

because I dont think they were strong ones.

There was no market for either of them after it was clear they had bad wheels, or else they would have been moved. But, had they decided to trade Oden after his first microfracture they probably could have gotten a gang of players & picks for him. That is the risk the Bulls are going to be running, if it turns out he's no longer the player he was then you have a max contract on your books without the max production. Roy retired and tried a comeback that lasted like 2 weeks, and Oden was simply released. Look at the contract Bynum had to take......

Hindsight is 20/20 so of course you can name drop Roy or Oden now, but the Bulls are not in a position to be trading the franchise player they have been waiting for since MJ.

What about Gilbert Arenas? It's not like Roy and Oden are the only dudes that came back from knee injuries as lesser players. You really can't name anybody that has had multiple non-contact knee injuries that stepped on the court again and was the same. I was willing to give Rose the benefit of the doubt after the ACL tear, after this it's certain he will lose a step.

Can you imagine how far it could set this franchise back if they did trade him and he ended up having a successful and relatively healthy career?
Its just not an option, sorry. Its easy to say here but to its not something that can be executed well in reality.

And can you imagine how far the franchise will be set back if he comes back and plays like Gilbert Arenas did post-knee injuries? We've been over this time and time again with players that seemingly have bad knees, which it's starting to look like the case with Rose. Teams hold onto them just hoping they can return to form, and by the time it's apparent that they can't nobody will offer anything at all for them. I could see if he had a Steph Curry kind of game that relies on a shifty dribble and a jumper, but everything Rose does is predicated on being far more athletic than his defender. I mean a dude like CP3 lost a step after his knee injury, but he's a completely different kind of player than Rose and Rose has already said he's not changing the way he plays. Without that explosiveness to get by people and finish in the lane he will not be worth the contract he has.

And when exactly would they be trading him? Clearly no team would give anything of value right now before seeing him play. They wouldnt pay him 16 million to rehab for this season like we will. Any possible scenario in trading Rose wouldnt be realistic until they play out next season anyhow. There is no chance the Bulls would trade him after 15-20 games where he is shaking off rust next season to watch him become a star somewhere else.

I just wouldn't wait, that's all I'm saying. When you wait and he comes back and looks even worse, then what? You got this massive contract eating that is essentially immovable with the new CBA, no young assets and you'll be in much worse shape than if you would have traded him. I'd see what offers are out there right now, then at the draft and again at the start of next season, somebody out there would probably share in the belief that he can still play at his old level....

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right now i dont know you'd have to wait and see what he looks like next season,i said i would trade him on the basis he wont be that same player again...
My point is if you strip this team down and get into the lottery it'll take you 4-5 seasons to back to where you are now which is a 3-4 seed...I dont think it makes logical sense to start over again when ur closer to the top than the bottom...
like i just said, they dont need to start over to tank . i have mentioned trading deng because there is a strong possibilty he could walk for nothing this summer

i dont know why you have the impression we are wanting the team to blow up those entire team. i mean, there is a posibility deng and boozer dont return next season regardless

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
like i just said, they dont need to start over to tank . i have mentioned trading deng because there is a strong possibilty he could walk for nothing this summer

i dont know why you have the impression we are wanting the team to blow up those entire team. i mean, there is a posibility deng and boozer dont return next season regardless

I saw posts about tanking relating to Rose being lost for the season...

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
The Bulls could tank without doing anything major. I mean some of the players like Noah & Deng could sit out games due to injuries/rest like Wade is doing :yeshrug: The kind of injuries that players just sit out & rest it but could play if it was an important game type injury. Could always trade Deng & that already drops them down depending on what you get back because he is half the offense now.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Carlos Boozer always eating against us. I watced the first half tyen fell asleep. Gake was too late for my black ass. Had to be at work at 6 AM on a level 2 winter advisory.

But damn I wake up and I didnt expect us to get beat like that.

Lebrons first 4 points made it look like he was about to turn up and drop possibly 40 on them... But he seemed to turn down after they scored. .

Oh well

On to the next game

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no they can't. we have been thru this song and dance too many times with this group of players. and that's even with a healthy rose. they never show up in the playoffs when it actually counts.

I would counter that with we have never been healthy the playoffs except once when we lost 1-4

the next season Rose and noah got injured
last season neither Rose nor Deng were playing.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Deng walks, you sign free agents

you're so focused on Draft and tanking - you don't see the options.

1. you don't trade Deng you let him walk - he tests the market and perhaps we can get him cheaper (a la Igudala signing for less then what he could have made on Denver) probably not likel
2. you sign Deng in the offseason after evaluating your options
3. you let him walk - you sign FA Shooting Guard and bring across Miriotic plus draft picks. You then put Butler back at SF. You don't get draft picks but you that's fine because you can sign guys who fit your model with the savings.
4. YOu signed Deng and you bring across Mirotic - you convince REinsdorf to play luxury tax and repeaters tax.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Tanking never meant get rid of everybody in our minds

Deng is saying he wants 14 mill a year at his age and his limited offensive skills plus the bulls cap situation you just can't keep him you kill your flexibility. Lot of us were looking :wtf: when the bulls passed on dieng when we obviously needed another big and took snell but now that reason is obvious, they understand deng is likely outta here

Moving deng we just get another core piece to add to the puzzle and if we work out another big we amnesty boozer

Rose Noah butler snell and taj would still be here, miritoc coming over. Most importantly thibs would still be here. That's not starting over just retooling

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

1. you don't trade Deng you let him walk - he tests the market and perhaps we can get him cheaper (a la Igudala signing for less then what he could have made on Denver) probably not likel
3. you let him walk - you sign FA Shooting Guard and bring across Miriotic plus draft picks. You then put Butler back at SF. You don't get draft picks but you that's fine because you can sign guys who fit your model with the savings.
4. YOu signed Deng and you bring across Mirotic - you convince REinsdorf to play luxury tax and repeaters tax.
:laff:

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

people in here lying and backtracking - moving does not Deng guarantee a tank , we would need to move multiple pieces. Again there' a lot of stupid posters, they say Deng sucks or overrated but then think that if they trade Deng we somehow magically get Jabari Parker. All while rooting for the Bulls to lose.

Either they have no concept of what a tank really is or we have a lot of short-sighted idiots...not saying these two are mutually exclusive either.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

some of those options include amnestying Boozer next season to make the #'s work.

I will embarrass you if I break down the salary situation next season in my scenario - then you'll tuck your tail and leave because you're another one that doesn't know anything about the cap

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Lets keep this kind of discussion strictly to our season thread, we dont need to be flooding game threads with things only pertinent to the Bulls. Thanks

:troll: