We got Colorism Activists now?

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
You fake online militants are funny :mjlol:

There were PLENTY of whites during the civil rights era who didnt just put money up and hide in the background but went out and HELPED blacks at the risk of their own lives. To say what you just said is ignoring that very fact.

That's a terrible straw man argument bytch ass nikka. :mjlol:Risk of their own lives? You mean potential push back by THEIR OWN fukkING PEERS?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Its only raised 2k? There are at least 2000 bytches on Twitter right now screaming about colorism but its struggling to meet goal meanwhile Tariq got the "ashy hoteps" bankrolling him 100k every time he does a project :dead:
:mjcry: I wonder where that money goes

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get the big deal. What's wrong with a market catering to dark-skin women? Hell, on the coli you always have lightbrights being posted as beauty besides KSH threads. Dark-skin women need to have a lane for beauty. Also, dark melanin is fleek :banderas:

I don't think there is a problem with it, but as black people we sometimes have an issue with what I call finessing. We're to in your face sometimes without nuance or subtlety. She should just hire all dark skin models without screaming from the mountain top that she's catering to dark skin models.

Same with products geared towrd black people. You don't have to scream it from the mountaint top. Just put a picture of a dark skin black person on it and let it sell itself.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
only people going against this would be those without 2 black parents or have mixed kids. they're not looking out for black peoples best interest and there's a reason for that.

Well they need a fukking wakeup call too, genetics can do whatever it wants to, your future children or grandchildren could come out "darker than the paperbag" no matter how much you covet lightskin.

I think this is a beautiful idea.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
You exaggerate a lot.....And I mean...A LOT.

What was exaggerated? :jbhmm:

If it means anything to you MY preference is women that look like you :obama: ( maybe not as crazy:dame: ). But carry on :myman:

Dark skin being your preference is not enough.

Demanding a Dark Skin Black Woman's respect is what is impressive.There are tons of Black Men across the nation who say foul, disgusting things about Dark Skin Black Women and if you don't check your fellow brehthren when they talk sideways about Dark Skin Black Women, or work to aim for Dark Skin Black Women getting their respect then I don't know what to do with that.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I don't think there is a problem with it, but as black people we sometimes have an issue with what I call finessing. We're to in your face sometimes without nuance or subtlety. She should just hire all dark skin models without screaming from the mountain top that she's catering to dark skin models.

Same with products geared towrd black people. You don't have to scream it from the mountaint top. Just put a picture of a dark skin black person on it and let it sell itself.
I agree with this in principle, but the reason I think she is screaming it from the rooftop is to get the funding as she probably feels she doesn't have the pull as a lone entity to have a magazine last without it's purpose being known

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Well they need a fukking wakeup call too, genetics can do whatever it wants to, your future children or grandchildren could come out "darker than the paperbag" no matter how much you covet lightskin.

I think this is a beautiful idea.
Read through the posts, most of us are in here because of a name confusion involving some human POISON.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I agree with this in principle, but the reason I think she is screaming it from the rooftop is to get the funding as she probably feels she doesn't have the pull as a lone entity to have a magazine last without it's purpose being known

All you gotta do put something worthwhile in the magazine...:gucci: