"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
They can't realistically trade him until the 2022 offseason. They're $60m over the cap right now for 2021, a Wentz trade would add $60m in dead money to that.

The ideal scenario is no matter what happens to finish this season, they (Owner, GM, HC, QB) collaboratively look in the mirror in the offseason and figure out how to get him back on track and do.

But if they can't - and 2021 resembles 2020, at that point you can't justify the $31m cap hit Wentz has in 2022. They'd have no choice but to give someone else a try and move on, once they do I can assure you Chris Ballard & Frank Reich will be the first team to call.

One major low key issue is- in order to get out from cap hell, Howie would have to restructure wentz deal which will raise his cap hit in future years- which may make him even less attractive to trade for- you gotta pay him 30M+ and take on a high cap number....oi vey

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
They can't realistically trade him until the 2022 offseason. They're $60m over the cap right now for 2021, a Wentz trade would add $60m in dead money to that.

The ideal scenario is no matter what happens to finish this season, they (Owner, GM, HC, QB) collaboratively look in the mirror in the offseason and figure out how to get him back on track and do.

But if they can't - and 2021 resembles 2020, at that point you can't justify the $31m cap hit Wentz has in 2022. They'd have no choice but to give someone else a try and move on, once they do I can assure you Chris Ballard & Frank Reich will be the first team to call.
Yeah I didn't know about that. How does that work? Makes sense if you cut someone

Is it all because of signing bonuses that already paid but spread out throughout the length of the contract ?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
One major low key issue is- in order to get out from cap hell, Howie would have to restructure wentz deal which will raise his cap hit in future years- which may make him even less attractive to trade for- you gotta pay him 30M+ and take on a high cap number....oi vey
Yep, restructuring Wentz would be an easy way to free up $10-$20m, but I couldn't do it after this disaster of a season. Can't fukk with the flexibility that's available in 2022, 2021 needs to remain a make or break year for him.

Yeah I didn't know about that. How does that work? Makes sense if you cut someone

Is it all because of signing bonuses that already paid but spread out throughout the length of the contract ?
Yeah, it's based on rolling guarantees and a few other things. They could do it, but eating all that dead money just to trade him at his lowest value wouldn't make much sense.

Why is Agholor lookin so nice out here :snoop:
Nelly always got open, he's just a head case. No fans no pressure less drops.

Last edited:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
y'all want Hurts, I hope Wentz haters get him
It's not a matter of me wanting Hurts. I don't know if he's any good or not, but it's not a good sign that they don't even seem to trust Hurts throwing the ball when they put him in for a gadget play.

This a matter of the fact that the front office wasted a premium pick on a player that they refuse to let see the field, despite having every reason to. I was saying all the way back during the draft that was a blown pick that could have gone towards fixing any of the other huge holes we had (WR, DB, LB). And we're now seeing that it was.

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
It's not a matter of me wanting Hurts. I don't know if he's any good or not, but it's not a good sign that they don't even seem to trust Hurts throwing the ball when they put him in for a gadget play.

This a matter of the fact that the front office wasted a premium pick on a player that they refuse to let see the field, despite having every reason to. I was saying all the way back during the draft that was a blown pick that could have gone towards fixing any of the other huge holes we had (WR, DB, LB). And we're now seeing that it was.
I think that’s more so a thing of pride. How much they’re paying Carson & not wanting to admit that he’s not who they thought he was.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Could the Eagles have the worst Oline in the league?
I think Wentz is playing like trash but the more games go by the more and more I see valid plea cops for breh
That Oline and even the receivers were pure ass yesterday. Then shyt like Pederson going away from the run and gambling when he shouldn't ain't helping