"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Was he drafted before JJ? I know he is a WR- i think he had hard time getting seperation downfield but he is your typical big body- long armed box out WR-should be a red zone monster. Moving him to TE could be interesting though cuz he did line up in the slot in college- if he can master those intermediate routes MAYBE the Eagles have something here- I am sure his blocking is horrible but maybe im wrong-worth a shot

I think a few pages ago- I saw he was released by Arizona and I said I hope the Eagles pick him up- I didnt know Charlotte got him first
He went in the 4th round, Cards cut him, Jets brought him in for a tryout and passed, and then Carolina put him on their practice squad.

It's obvious WR wasn't working out for him at this level, trying to go down the Darren Waller path might be his last legit shot at a career.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Well exposing Tongai is biting this team and their "brain trust" in the ass....I am all for trying Butler but if you wanna poach the Panthers- why not take their TE/HB Gionanni Ricci- a guy runs very good routes at the TE position- not a demolisher the the POA but I am sure he blocks better than Butler

I dont understand the moves this organization makes sometimes

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Y’all Philly fans embarrassing.

Go ahead and go dikk ride the Colts now like they haven’t been the definition of average af ever since he been there. :unimpressed:
They have a brighter future than ours and a big part of that is Frank Reich. It's not dikkriding to acknowledge that fact. It's becoming more evident as time passes that Reich, not Pederson, was the true catalyst for the super bowl win

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
They have a brighter future than ours and a big part of that is Frank Reich. It's not dikkriding to acknowledge that fact. It's becoming more evident as time passes that Reich, not Pederson, was the true catalyst for the super bowl win
We’ve had the most injuries in the league and made the playoffs 3 times in a row (2 times since he left). What other coach could come in our predicament and still have a winning culture? What have the Colts done? What genius plays and creativity is going on over there that’s inspiring the league? Y’all nikkas got short term memory and revisionist history. That nikka didn’t even call plays here. Ol’ fair weather fans.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
We’ve had the most injuries in the league and made the playoffs 3 times in a row (2 times since he left). What other coach could come in our predicament and still have a winning culture? What have the Colts done? What genius plays and creativity is going on over there that’s inspiring the league? Y’all nikkas got short term memory and revisionist history. That nikka didn’t even call plays here. Ol’ fair weather fans.
You're a fairweather fan if you don't believe Reich had a big hand in how our offense looked when he was here. Everyone threw Groh under the bus last year but if you really compare our offense last year to what we've ran these past few games, not much has changed. What does that tell you?

Only reason the Colts haven't done any real damage in the past two years is because their roster wasnt what it is now even with their injuries. Compare our season to the Colts' once the playoffs start. Hell compare the Colts' offense these past 2 seasons statistically side by side to ours

I get it, you're a Doug guy but you can't be biased to the point where you don't hold him accountable for how our offense has dropped off since Reich left. The injuries excuse is starting to get stale

Edit: im not saying Reich is the best coach in the league either. Im saying him and Doug together with Flip, Duce and the others made magic happen. Everyone played a part but we wouldn't have won that superbowl without Reich in the room

Discrediting his value by making shallow statements about the Colts offense is casual shyt. They've been one of the better offenses in the league ever since he became the head coach. Andrew Luck played some of his best football under Reich. Even Brissett was balling at one point

He deserves credit and Doug needs to be held accountable for the Eagles' offensive dropoff since that 2017-2018 season

Last edited:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green

Agreed and they also have a waaaaay more competent GM who drafts talent and doesn't overspend on players

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Reich was an OC who did wonders with a young QB and an almost retired veteran QB. Then added more to his plate as a HC, but that move hasn't bore fruit yet.

That is no indictment on Doug nor is it overrating Reich.

It also shows that we still made the right decision regarding Wentz and Foles. If the argument is that Foles thrives in Philly, well, Reich (maybe DeFilippo too) was that reason and they left the same year.

Glad Foles said that so we can dead all talk about that now. :whew: