"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
:dwillhuh:

im pretty sure the consensus was that most of us didnt want any parts of justin jefferson at all. i remember the anger mostly being that cowboys were able to trade up for lamb over us
Them cacs on reddit hyped up Jefferson like he was TO pt2

I remember some wanted him but if we didn't get the top 3, we wanted to trade back and get Raegor

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang

8mDd589.png

Man what a off season for dude

Covid and ankle surgery

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I have faith in Matt Pryor at guard. As long as JP stays healthy the oline should be top 10 in the league once again

The only issue is- we have no backup tackle- you know old man Peters gonna hobble off a few plays or a game and someone mentioned on the radio that over the last 2-3 years Lane has actually missed more time than JP due to injury. I think the eagles are waiting to sign Cordy Glenn so his salary isnt 100% guaranteed and then I would feel more comfortable with this line

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

I remember some wanted him but if we didn't get the top 3, we wanted to trade back and get Raegor

I have gotten into arguments over there- dikkheads get mad if you dont wear Eagles draws and agree with every move the eagles make...god forbid you criticize what the team is doing

they look at Jefferson numbers and get moist not realizing that there is no room for him on this team- we dont need a slot, can he work on the outside?- maybe....but we need SPEED- and that is not Jeffersons calling card

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area

I wanted us to look at KJ Hamler
Since we have injuries I wouldn't mind them bringing in Jeff Thomas for the practice squad at least

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I wanted us to look at KJ Hamler
Since we have injuries I wouldn't mind them bringing in Jeff Thomas for the practice squad at least

I liked KJ to but had some injury red flags.....I think Reagor had never been injured in college- of course he gets here and hurts his shoulder :snoop: Denver got a lil squad going over there

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
Tell me why
Why must I cry
Tell me why
Why must I cry
Why must I cry

:mjcry:

i fukkin hate everything

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Boobie being out wouldn't be such a big deal if the OL could be trusted.

But still, I hope Doug doesn't force Wentz to throw 50+ times. He needs to let Scott and Clement prove they can handle extra touches and more responsibility.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Any faith in the wrs or dbs?
This should be an ideal game for them to start the season with. WFT is pretty weak in both passing offense (even if Haskins improves) and in coverage.

Our DBs have no excuse. WFT has one notable threat in the passing game, and that’s McLaurin. The Eagles went out and traded for Slay precisely to deal with problems like him. And since McLaurin’s the only real threat on the team, Schwartz should be able to game-plan around any problems that he might give them. On top of that, their LT spot is weak, so the pass rush should be able to generate pressure on Haskins.

As for our WRs, WFT will be starting Darby, Moreau, and Moreland. Even assuming Darby isn’t as bad in 2020 as he was in 2019, the other two are not good. At the very least, DJax should be productive. And I have to hope at least one of Reagor, JJAW, Ward, or Hightower can step up beside him. Collins is good, but he’s not a coverage guy. Also, we have Ertz and Goedert.

The one advantage WFT really has over Philadelphia is that their defensive line consists of Sweat, Payne, Allen, Ioannidis, Kerrigan, and now Young. I really worry that they’ll wreak havoc on the offensive line and Wentz upfront and prevent the Eagles from taking shots down the field. Pederson said he wanted to work more on getting Wentz on the move, utilizing more play-action, etc. That’s part of the reason he brought in Scangarello to work with Wentz. We’re really going to have to see the fruits of that tomorrow. :francis:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
A lot of eagles fans weren’t happy with the pick.
I think that was because Jefferson and Mims were the two WRs just about every draft analyst and expert kept mocking to the Eagles, coming off their impressive Combines. IIRC, Reagor's stock also fell a bit after he ran a 4.47 and he became somewhat of an afterthought. It also didn't help that an elite prospect like Lamb ended up falling to the fukking Cowboys of all teams, when he surprisingly slipped to #16. By the time the Eagles picked that night, nobody was in a good mood. But a lot of people have really come around on Reagor since then.