"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
yeah i think im about officially done with the wentz wagon. the 4 week stretch gave me life... until this 2 week stretch made me realize how terrible the teams we beat were anyway. i didnt even watch the game fully because i was out and about, but every time i pulled up a stream for an eagles drive, it was nothing but :hhh:. that first int was inexcusable. the same shyt we were complaining about most of the last 2 seasons reared its head into this season, dude just isnt progressing at all as a QB.
No, he’s just gotten worse. Don’t know what the fukk is going on with him. Great in 2017, very good in 2018, up-and-down in 2019, terrible to start 2020.

My thing with a QB is, just be good enough to win with a solid team. That’s all one should reasonably expect from a franchise QB. That’s where most of the league QBs are. But Wentz has gotten to the point where he’s costing us games with bad play. I defended him last year, because our team was bad, but I can’t do it now. He’s the reason our offense is struggling, more than anything else.

And now the Eagles are screwed, because he’s already signed him to a big contract. Even if they bench him for Hurts, or end up with a top draft pick, we’re stuck with Wentz for the near future. You can’t trade him, you can’t cut him, so what now?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
There's no reason for me to believe that the guy who was hitting fadeaway game winners to Greg Ward, and cross body TDs to Josh Perkins, and rolling out dropping 40 yard dimes to Deontay Burnett as recently as December of 2019 just became trash over the course of one offseason at the age of 27. It makes no sense.

I've gotta chalk up these 2 games to a slow start and believe the offense, and specifically the QB will sort itself out.

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
There's no reason for me to believe that the guy who was hitting fadeaway game winners to Greg Ward, and cross body TDs to Josh Perkins, and rolling out dropping 40 yard dimes to Deontay Burnett as recently as December of 2019 just became trash over the course of one offseason at the age of 27. It makes no sense.

I've gotta chalk up these 2 games to a slow start and believe the offense, and specifically the QB will sort itself out.

True Or...

Maybe the NFC Least was just ass

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
We have nobody on O that scares opposing defenses.
Miles is good and we have 2 good TE’s.
That’s not going to stretch the field.

Defense is worse than last years and we ain’t even had any major injuries yet on that side. If we can’t get pressure on the line, we can’t stop anything

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
We have nobody on O that scares opposing defenses.
Miles is good and we have 2 good TE’s.
That’s not going to stretch the field.

Defense is worse than last years and we ain’t even had any major injuries yet on that side. If we can’t get pressure on the line, we can’t stop anything

Other than the fumble, Sanders played well

Our playcalling is CHEEKS...not enough creativity & damn sure didn't stretch the field today

Goff isn't better than Wentz...he simply has better playcalling

Our offensive playcalling has been horrendous since Frank Reich left

Don't get me started on Schwartz, the def is so predicatable...we can't disrupt any offenses (even the bum a$s WFT)

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I'm starting to get the white flag out,

This season could easily be 6-10 to a 8-8 season.

I don't know what's up with Carson, he made some nice throws then some bad ones. His inconsistent play is getting worse.

I've been on the fence about Schwartz leaving, I think it's time. shyt is so predictable they way we play defense and at times, Jenk had to bytch dude out in front of everyone just for him to switch things up.

I'm not in a full rebuild mode, but we're gonna have to start thinking about making these tough changes

But also ,:ohhh: those red zone plays with Jalen hurts in the line up

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
True Or...

Maybe the NFC Least was just ass
Missed his read of a wide open Goedert on the 2nd & Goal, missed a wide open Ertz high on a late 3rd down, the terrible decision to force that INT into double coverage in the redzone (his first redzone INT since his rookie year)

Those aren't based on the opponent, those are routine decisions/throws he's flat out failing to execute. It's gotta be a slump, I refuse to believe this is what he is now, it makes no sense.

Daps
Missed his read of a wide open Goedert on the 2nd & Goal, missed a wide open Ertz high on a late 3rd down, the terrible decision to force that INT into double coverage in the redzone (his first redzone INT since his rookie year)

Those aren't based on the opponent, those are routine decisions/throws he's flat out failing to execute. It's gotta be a slump, I refuse to believe this is what he is now, it makes no sense.

This who he is thoe. I give credit were credit is do . He carried the franchise the latter half of last season with some walmart workers . Even threw out last season he was inconsistent. It's a reason we drafted another QB combine that with how injury prone he is and this season looks like :francis:. We would have to win the next 8 games for me to forget how bad our first two games was. And even then then instill wouldn't put much faith into this team . Time to go back to the drawing board and build an O line first .