"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
A Wentz trade doesn't impact the cap, he's set to be a $34m cap hit whether he's an Eagle or traded elsewhere.

If he isn't the starting QB next year then both options are ugly, whether he's a $34m dead cap hit in another uniform, or a $34m backup QB here. The benefit to a trade is acquiring an asset and saving money moving forward. If he's traded before the 3rd day of the new league year (March 19th 2021) there wouldn't be any money on the books for him in 2022 and beyond.

I personally don't think it's gonna happen, but if Jalen impresses them down the stretch it becomes more and more realistic.
I think he'll return to form next season if they get a new QB coach and a real OC. Remember he had his best year under Reich and Defilippo and hasn't been the same since they left

He's regressed because he's being enabled and not coached. Couple that with the depleted rosters post superbowl and stale playcalling

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
18/34 (53%) 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
12/23 (52%) 102 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Those are the numbers for the two QBs you referenced in their first career starts. Being skeptical about Jalen is fine, but if that TD throw to Alshon doesn't excite you about his prospects as a passer then you're simply judging him through a biased lens. Pressure barreling down, split second decision, and he ripped an accurate 20 yard frozen rope through a big hit. There are veteran starting QBs out there who would struggle to hit that throw, let alone a kid in his first start.

If Jalen starts next year, I'll judge him on how he performs, not if the team makes the playoffs or not, just like always judged Wentz.

Jalen will be given every opportunity to start next yr. It's funny ppl in here are talking about he's like Baby Hair bc of similar builds and mobility, when the arm talent is nothing alike.

I'm not a hater, Hurts is a bigger version of Tyrod Taylor

Wentz was expected to win SB in Y2 and Y3...I guess the expectations will be different and normal this time around for Hurts from every one of you

I won't even hate if Hurts turns it over 2 or 3x on Sunday against the Cards, but it will be the same things y'all criticize Wentz for

We do need to give Hurts the leeway most young QBs get

And a back shoulder fade doesn't excite me...bc that route is based on timing....any QB can make a back shoulder fade throw (even though it takes guts to get hit while in the pocket before you deliver it---I never questioned his toughness). Being able to rifle a 15 yard out, or a seam to the TE, or a post corner between a corner in the flat and a S in the deep half of the field...that's what I'm impressed by

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think he'll return to form next season if they get a new QB coach and a real OC. Remember he had his best year under Reich and Defilippo and hasn't been the same since they left

He's regressed because he's being enabled and not coached. Couple that with the depleted rosters post superbowl and stale playcalling

We're a QB factory, minus whale draft another QB in R2 next yr after we trade Wentz

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Jalen will be given every opportunity to start next yr. It's funny ppl in here are talking about he's like Baby Hair bc of similar builds and mobility, when the arm talent is nothing alike.

Wentz was expected to win SB in Y2 and Y3...I guess the expectations will be different and normal this time around for Hurts from every one of you

I won't even hate if Hurts turns it over 2 or 3x on Sunday against the Cards, but it will be the same things y'all criticize Wentz for

And a back shoulder fade doesn't excite me...bc that route is based on timing....any QB can make a back shoulder fade throw (even though it takes guts to get hit while in the pocket before you deliver it---I never questioned his toughness). Being able to rifle a 15 yard out, or a seam to the TE, or a post corner between a corner in the flat and a S in the deep half of the field...that's what I'm impressed by
Imagine dikkriding Wentz this much.

“Why aren’t y’all comparing 2nd round draft pick Hurts to Wentz who we drafted #2 overall, and traded 3 first round picks to get, and gave 128 mil. KTSE :mjcry:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Imagine dikkriding Wentz this much.

“Why aren’t y’all comparing 2nd round draft pick Hurts to Wentz who we drafted #2 overall, and traded 3 first round picks to get, and gave 128 mil. KTSE :mjcry:

A QB is a QB no matter where he was drafted...the buttals are already starting

:mjlol:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Man you are just rambling to read yourself type. Russell expectations was low as fukk nobody expected him to be the player that he is today and he wasn't no Heisman runner up.

You were not impress with Hurts throw to Jeffrey but I haven't seen Wentz complete that kind of throw since 2017.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Man you are just rambling to read yourself type. Russell expectations was low as fukk nobody expected him to be the player that he is today and he wasn't no Heisman runner up.

You were not impress with Hurts throw to Jeffrey but I haven't seen Wentz complete that kind of throw since 2017.

Don't compare the arms of the two, it's not close. For reference, the GW throw to Boston Scott against the Littles in the middle of the season, and the throw to Miles Sanders in the back of the end zone in wk 16 against the WFT last season.

If you're gonna bank on Hurts, bank on him bc he is mobile and won't make mistakes. His arm talent is mediocre. Hence the 3rd round grade.

He will need a good o-line, a good run game and better receivers to reach his potential. I'm sure the FO will provide that after we trade Wentz.