"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Bro you sounding crazy being on Wentz jock like this. We don't even know if they will start Hurts next year what the hell you talking about.

Why are you deflecting? Just answer the question.

I'll rephrase

If Hurts starts most of the year next season, what will be your stance if he doesn't make the playoffs?

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:mjlol: Folks in here acting like all incompletions are the same. Box score dont tell you the whole story. Context is everything.

There are at least 6 different ways a pass can be incomplete and it has nothing to do with QB accuracy.

So we gonna act like 56% completion % ain't piss poor if it was all primarily short throws

Most impressive thing about Jalen were his wheels, not his arm

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
So we gonna act like 56% completion % ain't piss poor if it was all primarily short throws

You know whats crazy Wentz played 12 games and only had 1 game higher than Hurts QB rating. That is ridiculous for a 100 million dollar QB with 5 years in the league. Dude basically caused the Eagles a losing season and a playoff berth with his performance

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You know whats crazy Wentz played 12 games and only had 1 game higher than Hurts QB rating. That is ridiculous for a 100 million dollar QB with 5 years in the league. Dude basically caused the Eagles a losing season and a playoff berth with his performance

You refuse to answer the question, tells me all I need to know

after the 2021 season, when we miss the playoffs, we'll hear, get Jalen some help...meanwhile, ppl were expecting a SB by the middle of Wentz's 2nd season, while playing on a team that wasn't projected as a playoff contender before the season started

you can't make this up

:mjlol:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
You refuse to answer the question, tells me all I need to know

after the 2021 season, when we miss the playoffs, we'll hear, get Jalen some help...meanwhile, ppl were expecting a SB by the middle of Wentz's 2nd season, while playing on a team that wasn't projected as a playoff contender before the season started

you can't make this up

:mjlol:

You talking hypothetical bro enough.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
We need to be realistic on the future of this team

Graham, Wentz and Ertz need to be traded

Alshon, Jaccpot, and Malik Jackson all need to be cut

If Hurts is the guy, draft Jamarr Chase

Daps

Again you analyzing the box score and NOT the game.

He made all the throws a qb is expected to make in a game. He was not inaccurate AT ALL. None of his incompletions were because of poor decision making or inaccuracy.

Hurts was getting pressured alot (same oline that was getting the blame for Wentz poor play) but because he is very mobile instead of taking sacks he extends the play and throws the ball away if nothing is there. Thats smart. Fukk stats.

Eagles ran ALOT of rollouts. That cuts the field in half. And when you are playing vs the #1 defense there isnt going to be much there. Hence all the throwaways and "low completion %"

Funny how a black qb success is always met with skepticism however theres always a silver lining or irrational sense of optimism for cac qbs no matter how bad they play.

Stop it with all these weak box score analysis and actually watch the game.

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Again you analyzing the box score and NOT the game.

He made all the throws a qb is expected to make in a game. He was not inaccurate AT ALL. None of his incompletions were because of poor decision making or inaccuracy.

Hurts was getting pressured alot (same oline thay was getting the blame for Wentz poor play) but because he is very mobile instead of taking sacks he extends the play and throws the ball away if nothing is there. Thats smart. Fukk stats.

Eagles ran ALOT of rollouts. That cuts the field in half. And when you are playing vs the #1 defense there isnt going to be much there. Hence all the throwaways and "low completion %"

Funny how a black qb success is always met with skepticism however theres always a silver lining or irrational sense of optimism for cac qbs no matter how bad they play.

Stop it with all these weak box score analysis and actually watch the game.

I'm the one that breaks the game down more than anyone on this thread and don't give casual takes

My critique of Hurts is that his arm is not as good as Baby Hair or a Watson. He has wheels but when it comes to making NFL throws in tight windows, he's not that guy. I'm talking the intermediate throws with the defender draped all over the receivers.

I know everyone was impressed bc we got the W. Again, the play design was better and it was mostly short completions with YAC. We haven't stretched the field enough and we added speed at WR to stretch the field. That deep dig to Raegor was a perfect example of an nfl throw he missed that I don't really expect him to make all that often. He was 1 or 2 reads & then scramble. He wasn't consistently scanning the field 3 or 4 progressions. What do I know? I ain't no box score watcher, I was commenting on the obvious. The best things he did was scramble and give his receivers an opportunity to RAC. I'm sure that's what the coaches harped on. But honestly scrambling and catchable short balls don't equate to good QB play.

I'll ask you the same question I asked the deflector.

If Hurts starts most of next season and we miss the playoffs, will you be as high on him?

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
We're projected to be over negative 70 mil in cap space next season and people are still calling for Wentz to be traded. He'd leave us with the most transactional dead money in league history at over 30 mil. I just don't understand it

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I'm the one that breaks the game down more than anyone on this thread and don't give casual takes

My critique of Hurts is that his arm is not as good as Baby Hair or a Watson. He has wheels but when it comes to making NFL throws in tight windows, he's not that guy. I'm talking the intermediate throws with the defender draped all over the receivers.

I know everyone was impressed bc we got the W. Again, the play design was better and it was mostly short completions with YAC. We haven't stretched the field enough and we added speed at WR to stretch the field. That deep dig to Raegor was a perfect example of an nfl throw he missed that I don't really expect him to make all that often. He was 1 or 2 reads & then scramble. He wasn't consistently scanning the field 3 or 4 progressions. What do I know? I ain't no box score watcher, I was commenting on the obvious. The best things he did was scramble and give his receivers an opportunity to RAC. I'm sure that's what the coaches harped on. But honestly scrambling and catchable short balls don't equate to good QB play.

I'll ask you the same question I asked the deflector.

If Hurts starts most of next season and we miss the playoffs, will you be as high on him?
18/34 (53%) 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
12/23 (52%) 102 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Those are the numbers for the two QBs you referenced in their first career starts. Being skeptical about Jalen is fine, but if that TD throw to Alshon doesn't excite you about his prospects as a passer then you're simply judging him through a biased lens. Pressure barreling down, split second decision, and he ripped an accurate 20 yard frozen rope through a big hit. There are veteran starting QBs out there who would struggle to hit that throw, let alone a kid in his first start.

If Jalen starts next year, I'll judge him on how he performs, not if the team makes the playoffs or not, just like always judged Wentz.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
We're projected to be over negative 70 mil in cap space next season and people are still calling for Wentz to be traded. He'd leave us with the most transactional dead money in league history at over 30 mil. I just don't understand it
A Wentz trade doesn't impact the cap, he's set to be a $34m cap hit whether he's an Eagle or traded elsewhere.

If he isn't the starting QB next year then both options are ugly, whether he's a $34m dead cap hit in another uniform, or a $34m backup QB here. The benefit to a trade is acquiring an asset and saving money moving forward. If he's traded before the 3rd day of the new league year (March 19th 2021) there wouldn't be any money on the books for him in 2022 and beyond.

I personally don't think it's gonna happen, but if Jalen impresses them down the stretch it becomes more and more realistic.