"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
make no mistake about it though, we 100% lose that game with wentz under center.
You're going to hear this narrative ALOT this week, because at this point its validity can't be argued.

Jalen IS going to struggle at some point, but he's far more versatile in the offense than Carson.

Personally, I think the city actually broke Carson, the constant questioning and badgering. I think he cared too much about what people thought and said, and it affected how he acted in the locker room.

Dude I'm a huge Carson Wentz fan, but it might be time for him to leave Philly, because he's actually a good QB and would make another team better (e.g., the Niners).

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
The game today reminded me of when the Eagles beat the Steelers early in Wentz's rookie year and we knew we found our QB

The key to being QB in this city is consistently winning and if we miss the playoffs 2 seasons in a row, heads will roll

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
You're going to hear this narrative ALOT this week, because at this point its validity can't be argued.

Jalen IS going to struggle at some point, but he's far more versatile in the offense than Carson.

Personally, I think the city actually broke Carson, the constant questioning and badgering. I think he cared too much about what people thought and said, and it affected how he acted in the locker room.

Dude I'm a huge Carson Wentz fan, but it might be time for him to leave Philly, because he's actually a good QB and would make another team better (e.g., the Niners).
Going down in back to back years and watching Foles win it all and come close the second time, finally getting to the playoffs last year and immediately getting a concussion, watching them draft Hurts a few months later. None of it is an excuse for the season he's had but we're only human, that's a lot of baggage for one person to deal with.

I think there's definitely an aspect where a fresh start would help Carson, I'm just not sure he's gonna get that opportunity in a new city next year. Lurie's not gonna trade him unless he's 100% convinced it can't work in Philly and that Jalen's truly his next QB.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The observations I made that most won't talk about since Hurts will get all of the headlines:

- It appears Miles Sanders re-established himself as RB1...that wasn't as clear the last 2 weeks
- Jack Driscoll could develop into a pro bowl type player, really like the kid
- Playing 3 deep in coverage is not always ideal in obvious passing downs...why not play more 2 deep safety looks?
- Playcalling was great in the first half, regressed in the second half
- Saints were scared to run the ball against us, which I'm really surprised considering how successful GB was, and all of the injuries at LB
- Singleton is our def mvp the last 8 or so games...he gave up that TD to Cook but he's been the stabilizing force for the LB corps
- Mills being able to play corner in a pinch has been invaluable this season, he gets a 2-3 contract extension I'd think

I would like to add Packer having Rogers back there helped their running game. Overall good impressions

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
You see it all the time in the NFL.

An offensive line is considered “trash”, a new QB comes in and all of sudden they look much improved.

Thats only because Hurts is more versatile and he was making quicker decisions at the line. Just getting with the defense gave him. Simple shyt
He wasn't trying to Hero ball his way through it.

Defense played inspired though and thats been the real story for several weeks in a row. I definitely dont see them getting rid of Schwartz this season.
He at least has his defense ready to go each & every week.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I think there's definitely an aspect where a fresh start would help Carson, I'm just not sure he's gonna get that opportunity in a new city next year. Lurie's not gonna trade him unless he's 100% convinced it can't work in Philly and that Jalen's truly his next QB.
You're right, Lurie's DEFINITELY not getting rid of him. Which is why WENTZ would have to initiate the trade demand. HE should make the decision to end the relationship with the city. At this point, it really is best for everybody, apparently.