"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Bro they all had a better deep ball compared to Wentz and plus you can't say that. It is a passing league now when they played it wasn't.

What great deep receiver has Wentz thrown to in his career? Torrey Smith a yr before he retired? Mike Wallace at the end of his rope? Injury prone Desean?

better yet, how many deep balls have our receivers dropped in the past 3 seasons? GW type drops, but I'm gonna let y'all cook.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I've really reflected on this situation the past few days & I have a simple conclusion.

My expectations aren't the same as everyone else's. Granted Wentz played like an MVP in Y2, but my expectation for him before the start of that season was to get to and win a playoff game.

After the SB win, fan expectations became unrealistic. We had a SB roster in 2017, we didn't have one 2018-2020. But fans are still expecting a SB with this trash roster.

I hope he can resurrect his career elsewhere tho bc it won't be here.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Idk if you're old enough to remember how the fans were always clamoring for McNabb's backups to play. I remember vividly. AJ Feeley, Ty Detmer, Jeff Garcia all won games when McNabb got hurt. And the knock on McNabb was his accuracy and choking in the biggest games. I loved McNabb bro. But Wentz is more talented than him.

im 39 :old: that clamoring only came towards the end of his career like last two years people wanted a switch when he was clearly on the decline and after the super bowl but you're talking 10 year career ....
7 division wins and took us to 5 NFC championship games and a super bowl....and he also didn't have any marquee receivers except for T.O

Wentz hasn't even won a playoff game :beli: Wentz is definitely not as talented cause talent also applies to being able to get it done under pressure in the big games. No one was talking about benching McNabb in Philly until like the last 2 years if that

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
im 39 :old: that clamoring only came towards the end of his career like last two years people wanted a switch when he was clearly on the decline and after the super bowl but you're talking 10 year career ....
7 division wins and took us to 5 NFC championship games and a super bowl....and he also didn't have any marquee receivers except for T.O

Wentz hasn't even won a playoff game :beli: Wentz is definitely not as talented cause talent also applies to being able to get it done under pressure in the big games. No one was talking about benching McNabb in Philly until like the last 2 years if that

Ignore that clown.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Carson's Win/Loss Record

2016: 7-9 (5 Game Losing Streak but he was a rookie) (No Playoff Wins)
2017: 11-2 (Fantastic Year, great improvement over his rookie year but got Injured, Nick made History) (No Playoff Wins)
2018: 5-6 (Playing average, Injured Back and still knee issues. Team was dead in the water, Nick comes in, playoffs again, almost NFC title game again) (No Playoff Wins)
2019: 9-7 (Played average most of the year, started 5-7 but pulled it together down the stretch. Did play great last 4 games and put up good numbers with average talent. Got hurt in Playoff game) (No Playoff Wins)
2020: 3-8-1 (Put up the worst Numbers for a QB in the league including leading in Turnovers, 4 Game Losing Streak) (Pending No Playoff Wins)

Record: 5 years 35-32-1 (No Playoff Wins) (3 out of 5 seasons losing record, Average overall)
Record Since Super Bowl: 17-21-1

Sure the team has battled injuries for the last 3 seasons but he still didn't play all that great. He's been average overall throughout his career. Yes Carson does have some big play ability but after his injuries he slowed down on his mobility. Also Wow at all these things happening during the 2nd Week of December.

Dec 9th 2017: Injured Did not finish season
Dec 7th 2018: Injured Did not finish season
Dec 8th 2020: Benched for Performance, Most likely not finishing Season

So only 2 Seasons he finished all the way through. His rookie year and last year. Stop bringing up Mcnabb, it's disrespectful to his career in Philly. When Andy Bench Donovan for a half in 2008 he had already won 7 Playoff Games, 4 Division Titles, 4 NFC title Games Appearances and a Super Bowl appearence. Also the year Donovan was bench, he made it to his 5th NFC Title Game. Carson is not on Donovan's level. We aren't retiring Carson's jersey.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...session-with-overblown-aj-feeley-end.amp.html
Donovan McNabb Is Down, Philly's Love for A.J. Feeley Just Downright Disgusting

chanting we want AJ implies what then

:mjlol:

our fans ALWAYS want the backup going back to Jaws, Randall, McNabb, Wentz

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I hear what Kelce is saying, but we've seen plenty QBs make adjustments when their team looked different.
Rodgers a couple years ago, Russ Wilson when all his main receivers left and RB changed... list goes on.

Wentz just looks bad throwing the ball and turning it over... its a lot of him too.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I hear what Kelce is saying, but we've seen plenty QBs make adjustments when their team looked different.
Rodgers a couple years ago, Russ Wilson when all his main receivers left and RB changed... list goes on.

Wentz just looks bad throwing the ball and turning it over... its a lot of him too.

Brian Westbrook & Jason Kelce basically echoing my sentiments that I've been saying ALL along

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

Absolutely, if you drop 2019 Wentz into this offense they would be leading the division right now. He handled difficult circumstances substantially better last year.

2020 Wentz is broken and struggling to function at a basic level, the question is how did this happen ? That's what Kelce's speaking on. A QB doesn't go from being fringe top 10 across various metrics the last two years to worst starter in the league on his own, organizational futility played a major role.

This is the one of the worst divisions in NFL history and we might finish last with our starting QB healthy the entire time :hhh: That's the kind of year that gets people fired, rightfully so.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Absolutely, if you drop 2019 Wentz into this offense they would be leading the division right now. He handled difficult circumstances substantially better last year.

2020 Wentz is broken and struggling to function at a basic level, the question is how did this happen ? That's what Kelce's speaking on. A QB doesn't go from being fringe top 10 across various metrics the last two years to worst starter in the league on his own, organizational futility played a major role.

This is the one of the worst divisions in NFL history and we might finish last with our starting QB healthy the entire time :hhh: That's the kind of year that gets people fired, rightfully so.

But why should Doug get fired??? I mean your suppose top QB is playing absolute garbage and it has nothing to do with play calling etc...

I have never seen a coach get fired for a player falling off ever. shyt is ridiculous and explains why this kid fukking spoiled. Man the fukk up

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
But why should Doug get fired??? I mean your suppose top QB is playing absolute garbage and it has nothing to do with play calling etc...

I have never seen a coach get fired for a player falling off ever. shyt is ridiculous and explains why this kid fukking spoiled. Man the fukk up

Let me preface Carson has played historically bad, noone should excuse the shyt we see from him on sunday BUT

Doug definitely shoulders some of the blame. As the OC and HC, it is his job to get his QB right. You hear rumblings about poor practice habits from carson...doug gotta nut up and correct carson.

I also think doug doesnt always put his players in the best positions to succeed..not just carson. The offense has regressed every year..even years when carson had good statistics.

Im team #firehowiedougandjim

Team #cleanhouse