Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
exactly, i'm not mad at nikki for making this music, but summer jam is for the streets.

:laff: The streets don't buy concert tickets for stadium shows in 2012. Drake just did 22k at his show here in Chicago on saturday. The streets were not in attendance, and that was the Biggest crowd I'd seen at a non Kanye or Jay-z hip hop concert ever.

The streets are the are the 2k people that show up to whatever club this week's current "hot trap rapper" is performing at. nikkas is dilusional with the "Summerjam is for the Street's" mess.:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
:laff: The streets don't buy concert tickets for stadium shows in 2012. Drake just did 22k at his show here in Chicago on saturday. The streets were not in attendance.

The streets are the are the 2k people that show up to whatever club this week's current "hot trap rapper" is performing at. nikkas is dilusional with the "Summerjam is for the Street's" mess.:yeshrug:

i see you out there hating on ny in all your shyt. :stopitslime:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
:laff: The streets don't buy concert tickets for stadium shows in 2012. Drake just did 22k at his show here in Chicago on saturday. The streets were not in attendance, and that was the Biggest crowd I'd seen at a non Kanye or Jay-z hip hop concert ever.

lol word. Not just SummerJam but Hot 97 in general. Rosenberg talks that "real hip hop like 1994" sh!t all day long. Then all day long his station plays pop records.

But for some reason we're supposed to act like Starship is like some huge hip hop betrayal...I don't think Nicki Minaj was every really a hip hop artist in the first place.

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
lol word. Not just SummerJam but Hot 97 in general. Rosenberg talks that "real hip hop like 1994" sh!t all day long. Then all day long his station plays pop records.

But for some reason we're supposed to act like Starship by Nicki Minaj is like some huge hip hop betrayal...

word hot97 does play pop shyt but u ever listen to rosenbergs show? he really plays 99% underground shyt. Does that give him the right to say whatever he wants? na, but we gotta keep it 100.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
i see you out there hating on ny in all your shyt. :stopitslime:

made my thread before I saw this one. and I'm just tripping at people all of a sudden acting like hip hop hasn't been pop music for the last 10 plus years and Rosenberg and Flex fronting liek they don't play commercial records every day, especially flex. The whole "We rep the Streets" shyt is corny and not true.

Only DJ that really sticks to that shyt is Kay Slay. His show is grimey shyt from beginning to end. Everyone else is talking out their ass.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
word hot97 does play pop shyt but u ever listen to rosenbergs show? he really plays 99% underground shyt. Does that give him the right to say whatever he wants? na, but we gotta keep it 100.
Thats good for him. But if he wants to be the "brave voice of real hip hop" then the radio station that pays him has done 1,000 times more damage than Nicki Minaj.

I'm not attacking his hip hop credentials I'm attacking his fake outspokenness...

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
:laff: @ summerjam being for the streets, i seen more white people in the crowd than black people.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Its all for hype. He picks and chooses his targets. The honesty is just an act.

Nothing I hate more than fake honesty

In reality you have to pick your targets. Nicki is the embodiment of whats wrong with hip hop today to a lot of people. Perfect target.
But dont get in twisted, whichever target it is he really feels this way.

His love for the art form is obvious and you can see it in his enthusiasm for real hip hop acts.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
some real quotes from twitter
oh someone leaked my album so I'm deleting my twitter. a DJ doesn't like my song so we're not performing. meanwhile, you're a millionaire.

you're getting paid to come to your hometown and take a victory lap, but you can't be bothered.

this is how artists feel entitled to behave when they reach a certain level and nikkas tolerate this prima donna behavior.

then the labels and radio feed their fukking egos like theres no tomorrow. your an entertainer, get over yourself

if you feel some kind of way, then come onstage give the people what they paid for and shyt on Rosenberg. that's what we do in HIP-HOP.
ya'll on some other, Naomi Campbell type shyt

:wow:

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
i personally hate Nicki as an artist - but she don't deserve ths sht from these hot97 clowns - the same people who been playin the same 10 song rotation semi-pop/rap bullsh*t all these years and now all of a sudden it's a problem...fckouttahere

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Most of the street nikkas I know went to summerjam and go religiously...so I don't know where u gettin all this BS from...BUT..I wouldnt go as far as to say summerjam is for the streets tho..u right about that part..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
i personally hate Nicki as an artist - but she don't deserve ths sht from these hot97 clowns - the same people who been playin the same 10 song rotation semi-pop/rap bullsh*t all these years and now all of a sudden it's a problem...fckouttahere

U missed the whole point...she DOES deserve this for abandoning her fans on MAD occasions and actin like a fukkin diva...that was ONE that dude said somethin about ONE song..not the whole station..a station thats in her hometown and plays her shyt religiously...BAD move...

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

I agree