"We don't **** with commercial artist no more!" - Funk Flex

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
U missed the whole point...she DOES deserve this for abandoning her fans on MAD occasions and actin like a fukkin diva...that was ONE that dude said somethin about ONE song..not the whole station..a station thats in her hometown and plays her shyt religiously...BAD move...

please help me out and tell me how he was not representing the whole station during the time he made those comments......

and there were like 20 other artists on the bill, it wasn't like she was the headliner of the whole show - i wouldn't say she abandoned her fans

im just sayin

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
Funk Flex is an idiot. Isn't the main point of radio to pump commercial shyt all day long?

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Funk Flex is an idiot. Isn't the main point of radio to pump commercial shyt all day long?

You gotta use common sense here. When he says commercial he's obviously referring to the pop/euro techno soundin sh*t.
Saying that, funk flex never really plays that stuff anyway.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
please help me out and tell me how he was not representing the whole station during the time he made those comments......

and there were like 20 other artists on the bill, it wasn't like she was the headliner of the whole show - i wouldn't say she abandoned her fans

im just sayin

I don't care how many other artists was on the bill..she was one of the BIGGEST ones..he said what he said...it dont represent the whole station..when Star shytted on Aaliyah after she died and was always shyttin on Jay..did Jay stop goin up to Hot 97 cause of it?..did he stop his money flow cause of it?..nope...that was one dude...he made a song shyttin on him..and demanded the station give him repercussions...she didn't give them a chance to punish dude and she bounced on the people who payed good money to see her...Rosenberg didn't hire her...the station did...she made a commitment to the station and her fans..she broke it...

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Who says they don't cut her mic off if she gets on stage and starts dissing the station though. fukk Hot 97 and their bullshyt, and Flex is a clown, and I am saying this as a non Nicki fan. Wayne made the right call, they can survive without Hot 97 easily.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
exactly, i'm not mad at nikki for making this music, but summer jam is for the streets.

wasnt slaughterhouse on the bill?

didnt wiz perform last year?

didnt they have eminem close the show to a so-so reaction?

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
I don't care how many other artists was on the bill..she was one of the BIGGEST ones..he said what he said...it dont represent the whole station..when Star shytted on Aaliyah after she died and was always shyttin on Jay..did Jay stop goin up to Hot 97 cause of it?..did he stop his money flow cause of it?..nope...that was one dude...he made a song shyttin on him..and demanded the station give him repercussions...she didn't give them a chance to punish dude and she bounced on the people who payed good money to see her...Rosenberg didn't hire her...the station did...she made a commitment to the station and her fans..she broke it...

again, i'm no fan of hers at all - but the committment was actually broken when an employee from hot97 station made disparaging remarks about her music - which is a direct attack on her "brand" - at that stations most significant event of the year...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
people who don't like flex always seem corny to me for some reason, lol. how can you not like flex as a listener? son is hilarious, and he makes most songs sound 10x hotter than they really are because he's great at what he does. flex banging on the table during interviews >>>>>> starships

Funk Master Flex Vs. Interscope Records (2009)!! FLEX GOES IN ON INTERSCOPE RECORDS (4-21-09) - YouTube

interscope aint been the same since

Him saying Trey Songz is partying with MR. Cee :sad: lol

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
U missed the whole point...she DOES deserve this for abandoning her fans on MAD occasions and actin like a fukkin diva...that was ONE that dude said somethin about ONE song..not the whole station..a station thats in her hometown and plays her shyt religiously...BAD move...

That's how I look at it too... she's not stickin' it to anybody but her fans and herself by not performing. Hot 97 doesn't take the loss cause "lineup subject to change" absolves them from having to pay anyone back so they didn't lose money, it's a breach of contract on her part, and their show still went on. And all because an employee of that station chose to make a remark regarding a song that he personally dislikes. The thorough thing woulda been to go perform and dis him during the performance, cause it ain't like they were gonna shut her down if she did it. She would've ultimately been the winner in that situation, not some comment made by a DJ in the afternoon when half the stadium prob'ly wasn't even full yet.

And I agree with Rosenberg- sure, "Starships" is trash. But that dude flyin' his 'real hip-hop' flag is starting to come off a lil' fake at times. He's like that white dude that always has to go extra-far to prove his authenticity and devotion to real hip-hop... all while carefully picking what grounds to tread. Cause I know damn well that as "real" as his hip-hop tastes are, Waka Flocka is probably the worst rapper in the world to him. But where were his views on Waka? Conveniently, he had none, because Nicki is a much safer target than Waka would be. I respect Rosenberg's views a lot of the time, but he does tend to pound his chest a lot for a guy who's hosting the morning show on a station that barely plays any of the shyt he champions.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
That's how I look at it too... she's not stickin' it to anybody but her fans and herself by not performing. Hot 97 doesn't take the loss cause "lineup subject to change" absolves them from having to pay anyone back so they didn't lose money, it's a breach of contract on her part, and their show still went on. And all because an employee of that station chose to make a remark regarding a song that he personally dislikes. The thorough thing woulda been to go perform and dis him during the performance, cause it ain't like they were gonna shut her down if she did it. She would've ultimately been the winner in that situation, not some comment made by a DJ in the afternoon when half the stadium prob'ly wasn't even full yet.

And I agree with Rosenberg- sure, "Starships" is trash. But that dude flyin' his 'real hip-hop' flag is starting to come off a lil' fake at times. He's like that white dude that always has to go extra-far to prove his authenticity and devotion to real hip-hop... all while carefully picking what grounds to tread. Cause I know damn well that as "real" as his hip-hop tastes are, Waka Flocka is probably the worst rapper in the world to him. But where were his views on Waka? Conveniently, he had none, because Nicki is a much safer target than Waka would be. I respect Rosenberg's views a lot of the time, but he does tend to pound his chest a lot for a guy who's hosting the morning show on a station that barely plays any of the shyt he champions.

he actually said it on the festival stage outside the stadium.

& good post

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Ms. Minaj’s set, had she performed it, would have fit into that legacy seamlessly: in addition to Nas and Ms. Hill, Ms. Minaj had planned to bring out Lil Wayne and Birdman, as well as Foxy Brown. (If Ms. Minaj’s place in the pantheon of female rappers was ever up for debate, that Ms. Hill and Foxy Brown were both ready to join her onstage should quell that.) Ms. Minaj had also scheduled 2 Chainz, the dance-hall star Beenie Man, and Cam’ron, who would have been the highest-profile New York traditionalist to take the stage. It would have been the sort of Summer Jam set that even Mr. Rosenberg could have loved.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/a...8829536-7lRrYz3PYzHx4SxWQDMXLg&pagewanted=all