Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
All I know is, NO more of the major titles after GOW should be cross gen
Imagine Spiderman 2 being cross gen in late 2022/1st half 2023? :mjlol:
Still no fast swinging in late 2022/2023? gtfoh

Can you please tell me what the hell is this "fast swinging" you keep talking about regarding Spiderman? He already swings realistically fast enough as is. I'm playing thru Remastered again as of last night. While I don't think the well of ideas is necessarily complete for what they can do for the game and character, add there can can always be upgrades. But I'm not saying how him swinging any faster is going to make the swinging better than it is our if it's even necessary. It sounds like some shyt that got said one time in passing and has just breh ran wth ever sense.

Last edited:
Daps
Can please tell me what the hell is this "fast swinging" you keep talking about regarding Spiderman? He already swings realistically fast enough as is. I'm playing thru Remastered again as of last night. While I don't think the well of ideas is necessarily complete for what they can do for the game and character, add there can can always be upgrades. But I'm not saying how him swinging any faster is going to make the swinging better than it is our if it's even necessary. It sounds like some shyt that got said one time in passing and has just breh ran wth ever sense.
:mjtf:
This is something Inomniac, gamers, etc. have talked about but could never be implemented because of ps4 tech (too slow)
They teased they were going to do that for Spiderman MM but we found out it's cross gen so that eliminated that possibility.
The point is fast swinging is a very small example one of many game design ideas/mechanics that will continue to be cut from major releases for the sake of PS4 hardware

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
cyberpunk isnt the best example of your point for a grip of reasons but i understand what youre getting at

unfortunately yeah, because the baseline it has to meet is lower its not going to be the crazy p5 showcase that folk was hoping it would be but it should still be real fun if you enjoyed the first one

i dont really think its that big of a deal but i could understand why it sounds underwhelming to people that really care

Historically a big reason why people buy consoles is because they want to experience a game they can't play on their current console, i.e. system sellers. If your perceived system sellers are also selling on a console you already own, why upgrade?

I get the business reason why Sony still sells cross-gen. They have a huge install base in the PS4 and therefore the potential to sell more copies of games on that console is greater. As you said the potential to move the game forward with game features (not just graphics) that can only be experienced on better hardware is why people are disappointed. Imagine having GTA3 on PS1 or Zelda OoT on SNES. I wonder how much that would impact those games development if they had to make the game work for those consoles:jbhmm:

Daps
Historically a big reason why people buy consoles is because they want to experience a game they can't play on their current console, i.e. system sellers. If your perceived system sellers are also selling on a console you already own, why upgrade?

I get the business reason why Sony still sells cross-gen. They have a huge install base in the PS4 and therefore the potential to sell more copies of games on that console is greater. As you said the potential to move the game forward with game features (not just graphics) that can only be experienced on better hardware is why people are disappointed. Imagine having GTA3 on PS1 or Zelda OoT on SNES. I wonder how much that would impact those games development if they had to make the game work for those consoles:jbhmm:
Would we have gotten GTA3, MGS2, DMC, etc. we got if they were also on PS1?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Let's be fair here.
tenor.gif

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:mjtf:
This is something Inomniac, gamers, etc. have talked about but could never be implemented because of ps4 tech (too slow)
They teased they were going to do that for Spiderman MM but we found out it's cross gen so that eliminated that possibility.
The point is fast swinging is a very small example one of many game design ideas/mechanics that will continue to be cut from major releases for the sake of PS4 hardware

I've loosely heard that they (Insomniac) supposedly said this and maybe 2 others on here besides yourself that has ever since repeated. So let me reiterate once again, just exactly what would fast swinging even be and in what way would it actually improve anything? Hell, is there even any other Spiderman anything media-wise example of what fast swinging even would be for the charater? As is, he swings as fast, if not faster than he has in any other medium.

Also, I don't think that one aspect, even if it's a real thing, alone could be something that they need the a non PS4 base line iteration of them to do the game with. The PS5 version could still mostly like do this whilst it just be done differently or whatever on the PS4 version.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's not a spin at all, there was no reason to say we believe in generations when asked about CROSS generation games.

That's purposely misleading
Their actions do not contradict their statement when said actions back up said belief.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps

for sure i understand that; i got lucky and came up on a p5 a while back but if i didnt have it at this point it definitely wouldnt be any pressure to move on from my p4 the way things are looking

the main reason i said i dont think its that big of a deal is to my knowledge, god of war was never claimed to be a p5 exclusive and everybody that thought it was one was just hopeful; if this was an already claimed p5 exclusive that doubled back and said it was encompassing last gen id understand the frustration, but i always thought it was aimed at p4 and the most likely first big ticket exclusive would be spiderman 2

Daps
I've loosely heard that they (Insomniac) supposedly said this and maybe 2 others on here besides yourself that has ever since repeated. So let me reiterate once again, just exactly what would fast swinging even be and in what way would it actually improve anything? Hell, is there even any other Spiderman anything media-wise example of what fast swinging even would be for the charater? As is, he swings as fast, if not faster than he has in any other medium.

Also, I don't think that one aspect, even if it's a real thing, alone could be something that they need the a non PS4 base line iteration of them to do the game with. The PS5 version could still mostly like do this whilst it just be done differently or whatever on the PS4 version.
if that were the case, it would have been in Spiderman MM but it wasn't
It wasn't there because they had to accommodate for the PS4

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if that were the case, it would have been in Spiderman MM but it wasn't
It wasn't there because they had to accommodate for the PS4

Miles morales was made in two years, lets give insomniac a chance to actually make a sequel

Plus, they’ve already put out one next gen game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Let's see if their much bigger title, Spiderman 2, will be ps5 only too :sas2:

I mean at the end of the day you can stay punching the air, but you know damn well you wouldn’t want to play HFW or GoW on a ps4 anyway, just like people don’t want to play miles on a ps4, I’m sure the two former games will be even more distinct from their cross-gen counterparts also

Daps
I mean at the end of the day you can stay punching the air, but you know damn well you wouldn’t want to play HFW or GoW on a ps4 anyway, just like people don’t want to play miles on a ps4, I’m sure the two former games will be even more distinct from their cross-gen counterparts also
I know damn well you would not be happy with a cross gen Spiderman 2