We are living in a world of illusion

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
NO matter how you look at it you still end up here. Peoples natural instinct seems to lead to evolving whether it be in speech or in how you operate. A lot of things that seem taboo now are only because you have knowledge of how things work and the issues that follow. Using constructs just makes things easier. Their are people alive today that probably have no knowledge of some of the basic constructs you used in your examples but is their way of life better or worse? Its hard to go backwards when you know too much.
words have creative power

time is an assumption, and the ideas of finiteness are also assumptions

the truth is the bible is a book with infinite meaning yet is bound in a finite vessel :whew: paradoxical

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yodh

Yodh - Wikipedia

A
leph

Aleph - Wikipedia

Iah - Wikipedia
Note what the Vulture is protecting in her wings :dwillhuh:
Egypt.Nekhbet.01.jpg

Aleph - Wikipedia

Mem

Mem - Wikipedia.

quite a coincidence that Yam is God of the Sea :ehh: :mjgrin:

None of these Myths/stories hold any weight if you believe Jesus is a real historical person who lived as it it’s written in the gospels (not the Koran)

You should use the same energy studying him, his life and teachings as it’s more relevant to your life today

Considering all 3 major world religions are defined by the extent in which their followers believe in him

Seems like you have no foundation to stand on with out this

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
None of these Myths/stories hold any weight if you believe Jesus is a real historical person who lived as it it’s written in the gospels (not the Koran)

You should use the same energy studying him, his life and teachings as it’s more relevant to your life today

Considering all 3 major world religions are defined by the extent in which their followers believe in him

Seems like you have no foundation to stand on with out this

Ephesians 6:10-20

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Just watched the GOATrix again on TV

Still fresh like the first day

Had me dying when he was in the office like "Holy Shlt" and Mighty Morphe was like "YEESSSSS!"

Welcome to the desert .. of the Real

I know Kung Fu
Show me

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Consider this allegorical story:

Why the Midrash has Abraham Thrown into Nimrod’s Furnace - TheTorah.com

He (Terah) took him (Abraham) and gave him over to Nimrod. (Nimrod) said to him: Let us worship the fire! (Abraham) said to him: Should we not then worship water, which extinguishes fire! (Nimrod) said to him: Then, let us worship the water! (Abraham) said to him: Should we not then worship the clouds, which carry the water? (Nimrod) said to him: Then, let us worship the cloud! (Abraham) said to him: If so, Should we not then worship the wind, which scatters the clouds? (Nimrod) said to him: Then, let us worship the wind! (Abraham) said to him: Should we not then worship the human, who withstands the wind? (Nimrod) said to him: You are merely piling words; we should bow to none other than the fire. I shall therefore cast you in it, and let your God to whom you bow come and save you from it!

Haran (Abraham's brother) was standing there. He said (to himself): what shall I do? If Abraham wins, I shall say: "I am of Abraham's (followers)," if Nimrod wins I shall say, "I am of Nimrod's (followers)." When Abraham went into the furnace and survived, Haran was asked: "Whose (follower) are you?" and he answered: "I am Abraham's (follower)!" So, they took him and threw him into the furnace, and his innards were burned and he died and predeceased Terah, his father. This is the meaning of the verse (Gen 11:28), “And Haran died in the lifetime of his father Terah.”

The allegory is how Nimrod (Baal) seeks to impose Ritual worship in the name of control. While Abraham survived because of his belief in God, Haran did not because he believed in Abraham (turned him into a Baal)

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You ignored this part in my last post :youngsabo:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

You ignored this part in my last post :youngsabo:
I never ignored it :mjgrin:

James 4:11

Hebrews 2:16-18

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Deeply consider what is being said in James 4:11. What is the Law? The answer is the book in his hand in the Pantocrator Icon

christ-pantocrator-a6fc5f07-33d4-4c53-a3bf-6d0f3356c9b-resize-750.jpeg

The two hands of jesus

Matthew 6:1-4

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Jesus is the word made flesh. :whoo:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never ignored it :mjgrin:

James 4:11

Hebrews 2:16-18

Deeply consider what is being said in James 4:11. What is the Law? The answer is the book in his hand in the Pantocrator Icon

christ-pantocrator-a6fc5f07-33d4-4c53-a3bf-6d0f3356c9b-resize-750.jpeg

The two hands of jesus

Matthew 6:1-4

Jesus is the word made flesh. :whoo:

Ok. Fair enough :hubie:

Just trying to figure out if you believe in Jesus the real human man who walked this earth and not some invented mythological figure/fable like this guy

I wish you made this clear like 4-6 post back. Then again, maybe your post are just too deep for my understanding :manny:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Ok. Fair enough :hubie:

Just trying to figure out if you believe in Jesus the real human man who walked this earth and not some invented mythological figure/fable like this guy

I wish you made this clear like 4-6 post back. Then again, maybe your post are just too deep for my understanding :manny:

your words explain your own feeling about Jesus

is Jesus the man in your mind, or the man in the word :jbhmm: perhaps he's both

Jews understand this concept with the Old Testament but I think it completely flies over the head of most Christians due to idolatry (cesare borgia, icons, crosses/crucifixes etc)

remember...the oldest New Testament is the Septuagint (and Old Testament for that matter)...the name jesus is really IESOUS which means Son of God.

Taken literally, the word of god is also the son of god. :francis:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
your words explain your own feeling about Jesus

is Jesus the man in your mind, or the man in the word :jbhmm: perhaps he's both

Jews understand this concept with the Old Testament but I think it completely flies over the head of most Christians due to idolatry (cesare borgia, icons, crosses/crucifixes etc)

remember...the oldest New Testament is the Septuagint (and Old Testament for that matter)...the name jesus is really IESOUS which means Son of God.

Taken literally, the word of god is also the son of god. :francis:

First off Im not Catholic

And I’m probably not even Christian judging by your definition/image of today’s church :heh:

Anyways, a quick google tells me:

The English form of the name "Jesus" is derived from the Latin Iēsus, which in turn comes from the Greek Ἰησοῦς (Iēsoûs). The Greek is a Hellenized form of the Hebrew name Yēšua (ישוע), which is in turn a shortened form of Hebrew Yehōšua (יהושע) or "Joshua" in English.[1]

שוע), which is in turn a shortened form of Hebrew Yehōšua (יהושע) (or "Joshua" in English)

(Yehoshu’a) meaning “YAHWEH is salvation so that’s what I’ll go with

It just makes sense.

Here’s something to consider,

You can see Jesus as a figure (real or fake) representing “the word” “son of god” “sinless” a “great prophet” the “Christ” “messiah” or whatever title fits. Whatever sparks your imagination.

Fine. But Most importantly he died for sins as his name suggests. I’m sure you know the scripture Jesus says that’s why God sent him. His purpose on earth.

To believe that you have to accept he’s a real human who was born, lived and died (and resurrected).

Nobody believes this but Christians

And that’s the core foundation belief of “Christianity” as simple as it gets

it’s about forgiveness and salvation for Gods people one way or another

This is the same theme/ message throughout the entire OT (minus Jesus)

we can debate about religion, theology, Bible interpretations, Jesus parallels and similarities to other religions, languages and it’s meanings but all that is irrelevant (to me at least) if you don’t understand or at least acknowledge this basic concept we will never see eye to eye.

Because what you post keeps dancing around the “Concept” of Jesus and what he “might or can be” but never takes a concrete stance on what he is or is not.

I know you love your theories but you gotta make a decision breh :youngsabo:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
First off Im not Catholic

And I’m probably not even Christian judging by your definition/image of today’s church :heh:

Anyways, a quick google tells me:

The English form of the name "Jesus" is derived from the Latin Iēsus, which in turn comes from the Greek Ἰησοῦς (Iēsoûs). The Greek is a Hellenized form of the Hebrew name Yēšua (ישוע), which is in turn a shortened form of Hebrew Yehōšua (יהושע) or "Joshua" in English.[1]

שוע), which is in turn a shortened form of Hebrew Yehōšua (יהושע) (or "Joshua" in English)

(Yehoshu’a) meaning “YAHWEH is salvation so that’s what I’ll go with

It just makes sense.

Here’s something to consider,

You can see Jesus as a figure (real or fake) representing “the word” “son of god” “sinless” a “great prophet” the “Christ” “messiah” or whatever title fits. Whatever sparks your imagination.

Fine. But Most importantly he died for sins as his name suggests. I’m sure you know the scripture Jesus says that’s why God sent him. His purpose on earth.

To believe that you have to accept he’s a real human who was born, lived and died (and resurrected).

Nobody believes this but Christians

And that’s the core foundation belief of “Christianity” as simple as it gets

it’s about forgiveness and salvation for Gods people one way or another

This is the same theme/ message throughout the entire OT (minus Jesus)

we can debate about religion, theology, Bible interpretations, Jesus parallels and similarities to other religions, languages and it’s meanings but all that is irrelevant (to me at least) if you don’t understand or at least acknowledge this basic concept we will never see eye to eye.

Because what you post keeps dancing around the “Concept” of Jesus and what he “might or can be” but never takes a concrete stance on what he is or is not.

I know you love your theories but you gotta make a decision breh
:youngsabo:

what do you think the resurrection represents :sas1:

John 3:1-18

1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Genesis 1:1-2

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Aleph - Wikipedia

:sas1:

The Beginning is the End the First is the Last

The Alpha and the Omega :whew:

@Koichos :jbhmm:

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what do you think the resurrection represents :sas1:

John 3:1-18

Genesis 1:1-2

Aleph - Wikipedia

:sas1:

The Beginning is the End the First is the Last

The Alpha and the Omega :whew:

@Koichos :jbhmm:

It doesn’t represent anything if you don’t believe it literally happened thats for sure :mjlol:

But I get what you’re trying to say.

It comes down to faith :hubie:

Unless of course you lived during Jesus time:patrice:

John 20:29

Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed.":manny:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
It doesn’t represent anything if you don’t believe it literally happened thats for sure :mjlol:

But I get what you’re trying to say.

It comes down to faith :hubie:

Unless of course you lived during Jesus time:patrice:

John 20:29

Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed.":manny:

Its a paradox is it not?

If you do believe in Genesis...you believe in your own creation. If you don't you won't believe you were created by God. :whew: verily verily.

remember why Jews write about "Baal" and rethink what I wrote for you.

Read this chapter on Job and meditate on who the Leviathan is.

Bible Gateway passage: Job 41 - King James Version

Hwj9r6.gif

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Its a paradox is it not?

If you do believe in Genesis...you believe in your own creation. If you don't you won't believe you were created by God. :whew: verily verily.

remember why Jews write about "Baal" and rethink what I wrote for you.

Read this chapter on Job and meditate on who the Leviathan is.

Bible Gateway passage: Job 41 - King James Version

Minister MMS has spoken. Tell em Rev :wow:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Minister MMS has spoken. Tell em Rev :wow:
John 3:24-36

24 For John was not yet cast into prison.

25 Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying.

26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.

27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

be baptized in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy spirit brethren

giphy.gif

Last edited: