WCW was accused of being racist as hell

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Same with Savage :mjcry:

"165. Randy Savage, a Booker and wrestler, told Pez Whatley that they were going to have changes in the Booking Committee, but that Whatley would not be selected and then "pointed to [Whatley's] skin." (Whatley Dep. at 135, Tab BB). "

Maybe he was trying to look out for him, and tip him off that the big brass were gonna push him out. But why didn't he stand up for him to stay on? Would rather keep his spot and not ruffle feathers :mjcry: Or he really was down af with pushing him out, and letting him know it's because he's black :mjcry:
Pez whatley was one of the original wrestlers that worked with randys dads promotion ICW when it was considered outlaw and they were getting by, by the skin of their teeth. Ive read stories so I assume they were actually close and friendly for helping his fam out when noone would book Randy.

So i seriously doubt that was meant for anything but letting his friend know what the problem was. Randy also WASNT a booker, only for his own matches per say like hulk… so if he was meeting with the committee it was probably to get a spot for Pez and he found out how deep it went same time.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dusty Rhodes whole gimmick was act black to being in black fans, so they don’t have to book a black wrestler

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because their love for wrestling is greater than their love for their own people. Same reason black folks continue to support the NFL. They rather be entertained than to actually stand for something.
Dudes battle all day about what wrestling company stinks and align themselves to team wwe or team aew. You think dudes like this will actually give a sh*t about real world things that matter?

Facts. Or will further their own stan agenda by pointing out racism in one company when whatever company they support also has major racism issues, because it doesn't support their stan narrative.

I mean two of the biggest stars in wrestling Flair and Hogan, both racists. But people still want to enjoy their GOATs.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I think people aren’t flooding this thread because it’s completely irrelevant. Nobody is about to get mad in retrospect over some racist wrestlecacs from 30 years ago

:dead:

fukk we gon do, put an asterisk next to their titles?

Last edited:
Daps
I think people aren’t flooding this thread because it’s completely irrelevant. Nobody is about to get mad in retrospect over some racist wrestlecacs from 30 years ago

:dead:

fukk we gon do, put an asterisk next to their titles?

To me it's not about any titles, it's about keeping perspective on who these dudes really are, or were. Today, Arn Anderson is managing Lee Johnson over in AEW. 30 years ago he was alledgly in the lockeroom n-bombing dudes and being a racist. Other races/religions never forget, why should we? The same Ric Flair calling JTG and Teddy Long out his name is the same Ric Flair on Ric Flair drip and being interviewed by Mike Tyson. We either are too forgiving, don't know, or don't care.