WB/DC Might as well make Flashpoint their Next Movie

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I swear Justice league was not that bad :mindblown:

Could've been better, yes. But it wasn't BVS bad. I also liked suicide squad too.

What they got wrong was not doing solo Batman, Wonder woman and flash movies before Justice league. I feel no connection with any of the characters, except Wonder woman and Superman. The rest are strangers to me in a sense. Same with suicide squad. None of these characters appeared in any movies prior yet we're supposed to feel something for them that we can't cuz we're just getting to know them.

But yeah, I agree with op. Worst case scenario, flashpoint could fix the universe. But I personally like batfleck. Realistically tho they just need to drop the Aquaman, cyborg and flash movies from production and focus on perfecting their supes, bats, and wonder woman trio.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
apparently, it's been rumored that flashpoint will be how they reboot batman and boot ben affleck.

my problem is: flashpoint shouldn't even be on the horizon for another 5-7 years. you dont reboot the universe without actually showing fans why they should care to begin with. that's why JL flopped. DC/WB got impatient and tried to catch Marvel all at once. meanwhile, it took Marvel how many years just to get to their major Avengers storyline? shyt was teased all the way back in 2012 and we're just getting the payoff. in between, they built a universe that makes you give a fukk when you see thanos tearing shyt up.

if they wanna do this right, that means solo movies for aquaman, flash and cyborg, sequels for Supes and WW, and a story that builds to darkseid and JL2. when darkseid arrives it HAS TO feel like an event that warrants Flashpoint as a solution. that means characters die and shyt gets changed in a way that can't be fixed unless flash goes back in time (and fukks things up even worse).

But FLASHPOINT is about Thomas Wayne as Batman cause Bruce died.... there's no need for Batfleck or whoever Reeves wants in this movie anyway.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If they didn't make bank on JL, why would they do another team-up with Flashpoint?

Just make solo movies like Fox is doing. No one cares that Deadpool isn't in the X-Men movies, Logan was basically it's own universe, New Mutants probably won't connect to anything, Gambit will be in it's own universe etc.

Do the solo movies first, THEN hit the Flashpoint (maybe on The Flash's solo movie). EASIEST way to get back in line.

Their solo movies have been good so far (MoS, WW). Aquaman should be dope. Shazam should be dope. Slow down a bit and they can recover.

Don't let the suits rush it this time.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
apparently, it's been rumored that flashpoint will be how they reboot batman and boot ben affleck.

my problem is: flashpoint shouldn't even be on the horizon for another 5-7 years
. you dont reboot the universe without actually showing fans why they should care to begin with. that's why JL flopped. DC/WB got impatient and tried to catch Marvel all at once. meanwhile, it took Marvel how many years just to get to their major Avengers storyline? shyt was teased all the way back in 2012 and we're just getting the payoff. in between, they built a universe that makes you give a fukk when you see thanos tearing shyt up.

if they wanna do this right, that means solo movies for aquaman, flash and cyborg, sequels for Supes and WW, and a story that builds to darkseid and JL2. when darkseid arrives it HAS TO feel like an event that warrants Flashpoint as a solution. that means characters die and shyt gets changed in a way that can't be fixed unless flash goes back in time (and fukks things up even worse).

Snyder hot-shotted all the stories, because he believed that taking classic comic moments was a suitable replacement for actual storytelling. That's why they're burning through movies which could be at least a two parter in 30 mins.

I mean - he killed Superman in his second appearance and I read that he planned to kill Cyborg (or at least put him in a coma) in Justice League. :scust:

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They already did Flashpoint. Animated.

There is literally no way on this or any alternate earth where they do a live action version better than that.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But FLASHPOINT is about Thomas Wayne as Batman cause Bruce died.... there's no need for Batfleck or whoever Reeves wants in this movie anyway.

the point is, flashpoint allows you to hit reset on any actors/characters you want. the original story was just an excuse for DC to introduce the New 52, so you could in theory do the same thing with an actor who's already outlived his usefulness in the DCU.

there's no way bruce is going to stay dead. so if and when flashpoint is resolved, you go New 52 and make batman a new actor. then use future movies to explain how/why it happened and build to the next epic.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snyder hot-shotted all the stories, because he believed that taking classic comic moments was a suitable replacement for actual storytelling. That's why they're burning through movies which could be at least a two parter in 30 mins.

I mean - he killed Superman in his second appearance and I read that he planned to kill Cyborg (or at least put him in a coma) in Justice League. :scust:

yeah, i think one of snyder's biggest problems was that he just didn't have enough appreciation for the source material to understand which moments were throwaways, which were movies, and which should be held to build an overall cinematic universe/narrative. he also showed this lack of appreciation for the characters themselves, imo, but that's another story.

marvel has mastered that shyt. winter soldier is a great example. the way he branches into civil war, and the way civil war could have been an avengers film but they used it to help set up the next avengers film instead, is another great example.

meanwhile, snyder blew through 2-4 storylines in BvS alone.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
crazy because dc animation tv shows have always killed marvel cept their xmen

batman, justice league and all those dc animated movies were great just cant get it right on the big screen

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
the point is, flashpoint allows you to hit reset on any actors/characters you want. the original story was just an excuse for DC to introduce the New 52, so you could in theory do the same thing with an actor who's already outlived his usefulness in the DCU.

there's no way bruce is going to stay dead. so if and when flashpoint is resolved, you go New 52 and make batman a new actor. then use future movies to explain how/why it happened and build to the next epic.

i know and agree it allows for a reboot... i was just trying to say it doesnt matter who Batman is now, who matt reeves want or anything because that story is about Thomas... and yes they could reboot with new actors for every role actually ... but when flashpoint ends... the speculation will begin..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They won't do it, but they need a total reboot. A soft reboot is not good enough.

Breh, how can they reboot? Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn are iconic right now. Those movies were massive successes and they sold ridiculous amounts of merchandise.

All they need to do is stop with the team up shyt for a while. Maybe they can try that down the road.

Of course what I really wanna see is The Batman Family; those are movies where there should be a reboot.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
A Flashpoint movie was discussed. they won't completely reboot because of the success stories like Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn. They will keep Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie for sure. I'm sure Henry will stick around too. People seem to like Ezra Miller and Jason as Aquaman.

Justice League is a movie that shouldn't have happened because there's no way to blend Snyder and Whedon. It was bound to be a massive trainwreck and I still haven't seen it :manny:
Henry is one part of the problem though :lupe: Synder and Affleck are others