WB/DC Might as well make Flashpoint their Next Movie

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Aside from SM3, none of those flicks were wack. Plus they probably did well in theaters.
Man of Steel and Suicide Squad also did well in theaters with a similar or worse critical reception to ASM2. Financially, Justice League is the first bomb in this universe. (Despite what fans who think all these movies should make 2bil each would tell you.)

Audience reception-wise, the Amazing series clearly didn't accomplish what the studio wanted since they chose to deep six it for Homecoming and the deal with Marvel.

And let's take it off superheroes. How'd that reboot of RoboCop go? The Mummy? Total Recall? The Blade Runner sequel? Reboots are far from sure things. WB would be doing a redo on what has been a mostly profitable venture.

But they might learn from their mistakes and actually try to do something solid.
Might. No studio should bet the millions they spent on these things on a maybe.

And like I've said before, it's more likely that if the current crop of superhero movies don't work out, WB will just put the DC characters back on ice than try again making a bunch of blockbusters audiences (according to their numbers) don't want to see.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
And the sad shyt is that DC(since the 2000s imo) have CONSISTENTLY compared to Marvel made better stories in comics. This is why I don't get the idea of Marvel's stories being good because there characters are "relatable." When DC if we gonna be honest been bodying Marvel in stories well Marvel just spams events after events and do these lame (political)experiments with their characters. Its crazy that its the opposite in films. And I'm more of a Marvel fan too.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Man of Steel and Suicide Squad also did well in theaters with a similar or worse critical reception to ASM2. Financially, Justice League is the first bomb in this universe. (Despite what fans who think all these movies should make 2bil each would tell you.)

Audience reception-wise, the Amazing series clearly didn't accomplish what the studio wanted since they chose to deep six it for Homecoming and the deal with Marvel.

And let's take it off superheroes. How'd that reboot of RoboCop go? The Mummy? Total Recall? The Blade Runner sequel? Reboots are far from sure things. WB would be doing a redo on what has been a mostly profitable venture.

Might. No studio should bet the millions they spent on these things on a maybe.

And like I've said before, it's more likely that if the current crop of superhero movies don't work out, WB will just put the DC characters back on ice than try again making a bunch of blockbusters audiences (according to their numbers) don't want to see.
It's all about the money. A JL movie shouldn't bomb. The next movie in their universe will definitely be a sign on how things may go in the future.

And :mjlol: at bringing remakes into this. They ain't taken from comic books with a large amount of source material.

• Dap

reigun

Superstar
Daps
It's all about the money. A JL movie shouldn't bomb. The next movie in their universe will definitely be a sign on how things may go in the future.

And :mjlol: at bringing remakes into this. They ain't taken from comic books with a large amount of source material.
Maybe it shouldn't, but it's still foolish to throw the baby out with the bathwater because of one film. Maybe if Aquaman, Shazam, and WW2 bomb, sure, as that would be a sign the brand is severely damaged. If they come out and perform fine, there's literally no reason to do a reset. At this point, discussing a reboot is overreacting.

The point of bringing those movies in was to show that reboots fail all the time. Doesn't matter what the source material is. I could just as easily have said Superman Returns or Fantastic 4. Point would still stand.

• Dap

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
No need to reboot
Nor should they panic
Just look at what is failing and or was minorly successful and build off that.

For anyone that’s gonna come in here and complain at the Marvel stand for the Marvel comparisons/mentions. I’m gonna use another example.

Maybe they should look at the strategy done for the Fast series. The 1st 3 were decent at best and really nothing mind blowing where we’d want a sequel that bad. But from 4 on, they made adjustments and been killing it becoming one of the most popular and anticipated series over the last say 8 years.

They just gotta push on and also at them point give us the core characters that will be the foundation of their world.

Don’t give us a characters that don’t have much of a history together and won’t share a screen like that for an future event films like JL2 (it’s doubtful the SS cast or Batgirl will make those).

Flash, Shazam, Aquaman, GL, WW, Batman, & Superman should be there main focus

Martha

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Maybe it shouldn't, but it's still foolish to throw the baby out with the bathwater because of one film. Maybe if Aquaman, Shazam, and WW2 bomb, sure, as that would be a sign the brand is severely damaged. If they come out and perform fine, there's literally no reason to do a reset. At this point, discussing a reboot is overreacting.

The point of bringing those movies in was to show that reboots fail all the time. Doesn't matter what the source material is. I could just as easily have said Superman Returns or Fantastic 4. Point would still stand.
But those movie remakes aren't coming from comic book characters. I know what you meant, but It was stupid to bring them up. And not all comic reboots fail. Hulk, Batman, MoS.

And they weren't trying to start/coming from a universe. Well, Mummy tried.

But like I said, the next movie will be the final verdict.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
They should go back to the Man of Steel 1 formula. Do what they do best(more serious comic book movies) instead of trying to be Marvel lite.

but hey :hubie: that's just me

100% true.:ufdup:For all those azzholes saying they needed a lighter tone, look at what a lighter tone got them, the lowest grossing movie of the universe. Should have just stayed the course and not listened to those marvel loving neckbeards.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
And the sad shyt is that DC(since the 2000s imo) have CONSISTENTLY compared to Marvel made better stories in comics. This is why I don't get the idea of Marvel's stories being good because there characters are "relatable." When DC if we gonna be honest been bodying Marvel in stories well Marvel just spams events after events and do these lame (political)experiments with their characters. Its crazy that its the opposite in films. And I'm more of a Marvel fan too.

the thing about MArvel being relatable IMO had to do with the setting... DC was fictional cities while MArvel was NYC.. that's something that ALWAYS stuck with me as kid when I first started getting into Comics

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
apparently, it's been rumored that flashpoint will be how they reboot batman and boot ben affleck.

my problem is: flashpoint shouldn't even be on the horizon for another 5-7 years. you dont reboot the universe without actually showing fans why they should care to begin with. that's why JL flopped. DC/WB got impatient and tried to catch Marvel all at once. meanwhile, it took Marvel how many years just to get to their major Avengers storyline? shyt was teased all the way back in 2012 and we're just getting the payoff. in between, they built a universe that makes you give a fukk when you see thanos tearing shyt up.

if they wanna do this right, that means solo movies for aquaman, flash and cyborg, sequels for Supes and WW, and a story that builds to darkseid and JL2. when darkseid arrives it HAS TO feel like an event that warrants Flashpoint as a solution. that means characters die and shyt gets changed in a way that can't be fixed unless flash goes back in time (and fukks things up even worse).

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They won't do it, but they need a total reboot. A soft reboot is not good enough.