Ways your parents REFUSE to modernize

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
My mom still has a landline phone and still has prepaid phone cards for long distance
My mom still has a landline and a celly. I'll call her on the cell because she's always on the go, and it will ring 50leven times and go to voice mail. Then I'll call her on the landline and I'll be damned if she don't answer on the first or second ring :mjlol:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
With my elders it's just their social media/online etiquette. Some of the posts are hilarious; sending big ass happy birthday posts and not @ing the person. My aunt seemingly gets her password stolen or scammed once a year. My uncle has no filter. I be have to tone him down when go out to ear and shyt because he be getting grumpy as fukk.
Got a aunt who's new to Facebook. I didn't understand what it meant for a while but, she would comment "LIKE" under posts.

:russ: took my wife telling me she didn't know to just push the like button. I was floored...

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
My parents pretty much stay up to date, even if they need our help doing stuff.

At work though, we still get a lot of people mailing in checks to pay their bills, and they refuse to do it online

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I love parents
:blessed:

My mom still doesn't know how to use GPS on her phone.

Still can't use a computer properly even though she grew up with them.

Still ask me to print stuff for her.

Still confused about sms lol

Uses Facebook like Instagram lol

Still has cable

Phone doesn't have wifi

Man I love her, and my dad is 2x worst lol

:mjlol:

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
My father keeps calling MJ the GOAT.:snoop:

It's like....Dad...we off that. All us young knowledgeable heads acknowledge Harden as the GOAT now. :comeon:

He gives me this look like his son's crazy. :rudy:

Guess that's what we get for staying up to date. :yeshrug:

He ain't wrong tho.. MJ is still the GOAT

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No lie. My parents own some rental properties and my uncle stays in one of them

I was helping my dad renovate his apartment and we had to move a deep freezer. I was looking at it like :patrice: because it seemed oddly familiar. It was beat the hell up but that bish was still working. It had damn near an inch of ice on the inside and we had to defrost it

My pops was :mjgrin: She is still kicking. We had this deep freezer since before you was born. Then it hit me. I grew up seeing that freezer in our basement

I could not believe it was still working
:heh: they used to take pride in building shyt like that. now all we get is cheap chinese garbage

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
The pure torture my girl subjected me to still has me :sadbron:

My parents used cell phones. Androids. Just basic phones. They had been using the same phones for years. They never did anything crazy on them so they worked just fine

My girl has the wonderful idea to gift them iPhones from us for Xmas.

You would have thought I asked them to make the Kessel Run in the Millennium Falcon in under 12 parsecs.

I did not know that they were using all of their available bandwidth for those 5 year old android phones. When they got the new iPhones their minds literally rebooted and then crashed.

They called me everyday with the same questions about basic phone use. I’m talking pulling up the phone book. SMS messaging. Making calls

Everything with the phone befuddled them and had them in a mental Figure Four Leg Lock.

Each time they called I would look at my girl like :beli:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i love my mother and i always will but i cant act like she's a great person. she was way too young when she had us and wasnt responsible. she put us in harms way so many times between the drugs and the bad boyfriends. over the years ive slowly learned to forgive her, but shes in her sixties now and her brain is starting to go. shes borderline schizophrenic and i worry about her. i should go visit her soon. i havent seen her since mothers day.
Bro.....