Ways your parents REFUSE to modernize

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
My dad still buys random cheap DVDs at Walmart. He'll buy a movie, get home and realize he bought the same movie 3 years ago and never watched it lmao.

My parents refuse to order any food with apps. They won't use Door Dash and will instead call restaurants directly and pay more for delivery.

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
That's not really old fashioned, that's just practical :manny:

If it was a phone or computer that's different, but a fridge from '94 can keep my food just as cold as a fridge from '24 :yeshrug:

Oh I agree! Which is why I still had my 10+ year old functioning appliances... until my partner volunteered and replaced them all with stainless steel.

I am my father's daughter, so I'll rock with whatever is still functioning and repair what I can before I completely replace it.

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10
My dad still writes checks to pay utilities. Puts them in the envelopes and then DRIVES to each location to drop them off.

When he wants to check his bank balance, he drives to the ATM.

If something still functions or if it's fixable, he sees no need to get rid of it. He still has the fridge he bought in 94 as his MAIN fridge.
Came to say, my parent have no problem writing a physical check. :russ:

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
My mom refuses to get an Amazon account. Instead she gets my siblings to order for her and send it to her. She tries that with me and I tell her to just get an Amazon account. She literally told me it would be fun to search Amazon together to choose what she wants. I looked her dead in her oculus and told her "No, that would not be fun for me. It would be annoying. Get an Amazon account." She didn't like that response but it's tough love.

vBqz04I.png

I prefer my dad to call me now whenever he wants to order something, and that's after he called me wanting to order something from an ad he clicked on :snoop: I got to hold his boomer hand out here in the wild wild web.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
The last one for OP is just sensible. Does he at least have newer kicks for everyday use?

Maybe it's a sign I'm :flabbynsick: That I feel this way.