Ways your parents REFUSE to modernize

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
My :flabbynsick:ass still uses cash for 90 percent of my everyday purchases. Debits card used for car payments and mortgage.

There's nothing wrong with using cash... there's alot of stores that dont even have the tap to pay reader.. it's fukking bizarre...:dahell:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
same

my mom be writing checks all the time too. not just for her bills. :wow:

No mama no! :damn:

Luckily mine only writes them for bills. I remember that check process at the store, I haven't seen a check in a store in years.

When she was your age, she probably tried to get her parents to use checks instead of cash.

I know right and with bank cards lol. That'll be me with these automated customer service options. I'm gonna be yelling into the phone I want a representative not this damn robot! I'm a human being, I want to talk to a human being

:scust:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
What gets me is that people in their 50's/early 60's dismiss the idea of using the internet even though the internet has been around when these people were young. "I don't know nothin' about no internet/outernet......I'll leave that to you young boys"

Stop trying to act like you're some super old school cat and wearing it like a badge of honor. It's silly.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
With my elders it's just their social media/online etiquette. Some of the posts are hilarious; sending big ass happy birthday posts and not @ing the person. My aunt seemingly gets her password stolen or scammed once a year. My uncle has no filter. I be have to tone him down when go out to ear and shyt because he be getting grumpy as fukk.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Probably took me a decade to convince my dad NOT to click the "free iphone" ads on websites. Now he's out here accidently downloading spam apps on his phone. He somehow managed to download some fake maps app that looks like google maps but constantly asks for credit card information.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
With my elders it's just their social media/online etiquette. Some of the posts are hilarious; sending big ass happy birthday posts and not @ing the person. My aunt seemingly gets her password stolen or scammed once a year. My uncle has no filter. I be have to tone him down when go out to ear and shyt because he be getting grumpy as fukk.

Yeah, this by far is the worst.

not modernizing, but I swear I have multiple family members with AT LEAST 4 facebook accounts.....WITH DIFFERENT fukkIN BIRTHDAYS :snoop:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
My parents still have the same landline phone number which is not that bad.

What is bad is that one day I randomly remembered the second line we had for dial up internet back in the day. On a whim I called it and my pops picked up talking about Hey Son:flabbynsick:

I was :dahell: Why do yall still have the second line for Dial Up???

He was :jbhmm: Pondered it for a second…. Then just flat out ignored my question and asked me how do I send those emoticons on sms messages.

:beli:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
My dad still writes checks to pay utilities. Puts them in the envelopes and then DRIVES to each location to drop them off.

When he wants to check his bank balance, he drives to the ATM.

If something still functions or if it's fixable, he sees no need to get rid of it. He still has the fridge he bought in 94 as his MAIN fridge.
No lie. My parents own some rental properties and my uncle stays in one of them

I was helping my dad renovate his apartment and we had to move a deep freezer. I was looking at it like :patrice: because it seemed oddly familiar. It was beat the hell up but that bish was still working. It had damn near an inch of ice on the inside and we had to defrost it

My pops was :mjgrin: She is still kicking. We had this deep freezer since before you was born. Then it hit me. I grew up seeing that freezer in our basement

I could not believe it was still working