Wayno says Lil Wayne is a WAY better rapper than 2Pac...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I come from an art background where and AP art we had to critique everybody’s work. 2 pac by far is the better artist and has the advantage in a lot of the rapping attributes like voice ,content, songwriting. But flow isn’t one of them. I think that’s where Lil Wayne has an advantage as well as other technical attributes of rapping. Now is lol Wayne consistent? Hell no because I don’t think there was much quality control involved. I feel like just about everything he’s rapped, we’ve heard lol. And that period of when he was on the lean heavy made for some trash music.

all things considered, Lil Wayne is not better than Pac… but he had a wider range of flows and patterns probably due to the time
All Wayne did. Was look at Jay Z, and Andre 3K. Put certain accents on at certain times. And nikkas acted like he was just pullin flows out of thin air. Yes. Wayne’s flow was tighter. And yes. Wayne’s flow was dope as fukk. But Pac didn’t even like to do retakes of his verses. He would just double, triple, and quadruple his vocals sometimes. Cause that wasn’t his focus. But when he DID try it. shyt was flawless.

Killalex

Hov did it so you don't have to
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDE
It's true. Imagine thinking otherwise :mjlol:
Your Tunechi riding :scust:
All the big rappers of this decade lapsed Weezy and you telling me Weezy better than Pac?
Weezy had one chapter of 2004-2007 when he was trying and then we got trash.
You comparing him to Pac :hhh:

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
original.gif

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I come from an art background where and AP art we had to critique everybody’s work. 2 pac by far is the better artist and has the advantage in a lot of the rapping attributes like voice ,content, songwriting. But flow isn’t one of them. I think that’s where Lil Wayne has an advantage as well as other technical attributes of rapping. Now is lol Wayne consistent? Hell no because I don’t think there was much quality control involved. I feel like just about everything he’s rapped, we’ve heard lol. And that period of when he was on the lean heavy made for some trash music.

all things considered, Lil Wayne is not better than Pac… but he had a wider range of flows and patterns probably due to the time
Pac is clearly better than wayne without question but I can respect that and agree with most of it especially about Wayne quality control or lack of. thats the reason why I don't fukk with him heavy.

NoStressB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
El Aye
Wayne at his peak was a better technical rapper than Pac. But Pac shyts on Wayne as an overall ARTIST

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
Huh.... how can one REALLY grade Wayne's rapping ability when he's known to have had multiple ghostwriters.... 1)Are those his actual words, 2)thoughts...

Grading wayne as a rapper shouldnt even be in the convo

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
He not technically better and for damn sure not skill wise. Maybe a punch line, but that's it. Pac had a way better delivery and I don't any diversity in Wayne's delivery.

I've never heard Wayne change his flow.

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
I understand his argument but he shouldn't even be comparing them. Some people like to say shyt like this just for the controversy and it actually doesn't even mean anything. Nobody cares about a Pac/Wayne comparison who listens to Hip Hop.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
He not technically better and for damn sure not skill wise. Maybe a punch line, but that's it. Pac had a way better delivery and I don't any diversity in Wayne's delivery.

I've never heard Wayne change his flow.
:mjlol:

Wayne stayed changing his flow, cadence and delivery etc

If anything Pac sounded the same a lot.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

Wayne stayed changing his flow, cadence and delivery etc

If anything Pac sounded the same a lot.
Wayne don't have not one crazy flow. He may have changed his voice to be more squeaky.

Ain't nothing I've ever heard from him that made me say O.M.G. He the reason these mumble lil dude's in the game now.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
I'm tired of people having such a narrow definition of lyricism and using that to discredit other rappers who don't fit in their definition

Alliteration is lyricism. Using allusions and other poetic devices is lyricism. Pac did all of this masterfully. Just because he didn't use metaphors and similies in his punchlines at the end of every bar doesn't mean he wasn't lyrical

And that damn sure doesn't make him a worse rapper than Wayne. It's like the "skill" argument for basketball. Just because a legend couldn't iso and shoot at a high clip doesn't mean he isn't better than a player who did

nikkas need to stop judging rappers under these shallow standards and examine them holistically

EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-max-1mb.gif