Watson being traded to the Browns; 5yr/230mil

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I wouldn’t write him off just yet. He has looked bad though.

I think it's a culmination of a lot of issues. Stefanski's offensive scheme leaves a lot to be desired, Watson just hasn't looked the same since the two year layoff, just a bit slow/off on everything, his WRs haven't gotten much seperation/have dropped passes... I don't think you can just point to one thing.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I think it's a culmination of a lot of issues. Stefanski's offensive scheme leaves a lot to be desired, Watson just hasn't looked the same since the two year layoff, just a bit slow/off on everything, his WRs haven't gotten much seperation/have dropped passes... I don't think you can just point to one thing.

It can be a culmination but if it was scheme we'd still see flashes of the old Watson there somewhere. They sent Hopkins packing to AZ and that Watson still posted his highest completion %, yards, & TDs with Brandin Cooks as his best option

I'd say give it to mid season and see what he looks like, that's a season and a half. If anything was coming back it would've by then. But he's just not the same guy, it's mostly on him. He's had the best OL, run game, and receiving core besides Hopkins he's ever had, him looking as bad as he does is baffling

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Give him more time. He was out there running for his life last night because he was missing starters on the Oline and playing against a great steelers defense. Although some of those sideline throws looked crazy

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

That’s what I hate about these sports shows. One day some person or team is the best in the league.. they lose the game and now they’re the worst ever. Like c’mon man. There’s been some bad football being played so far.. you got a few quarterbacks you can kill before you get to Deshaun. Nobody should expect him to be good right now anyway, he needs time. Most of these people talking want him gone anyway.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Give him more time. He was out there running for his life last night because he was missing starters on the Oline and playing against a great steelers defense. Although some of those sideline throws looked crazy
If I’m the Browns I’m very, very concerned about what I’m seeing out there. He missed almost 2 whole years of play time, I don’t think it’s a guarantee he ever gets back to his Houston peak

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That’s what I hate about these sports shows. One day some person or team is the best in the league.. they lose the game and now they’re the worst ever. Like c’mon man. There’s been some bad football being played so far.. you got a few quarterbacks you can kill before you get to Deshaun. Nobody should expect him to be good right now anyway, he needs time. Most of these people talking want him gone anyway.
Only problem with that is he's actually getting worse as time is going on instead of improving. Of course there are other QBs you can kill before you get to Watson, but none of them are on a fully guaranteed deal which increases the scrutiny. The Browns are fukked for the foreseeable future if they don't figure out the issues with him.

As Shannon said perfectly this morning, it's only so long people are going to be able to keep the rust excuse before you legitimately have to asking if he’s washed.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Only problem with that is he's actually getting worse as time is going on instead of improving. Of course there are other QBs you can kill before you get to Watson, but none of them are on a fully guaranteed deal which increases the scrutiny. The Browns are fukked for the foreseeable future if they don't figure out the issues with him.

As Shannon said perfectly this morning, it's only so long people are going to be able to keep the rust excuse before you legitimately have to asking is he washed.
They the ones that signed him lol. I’ve seen people say they might as well keep Baker. I mean there’s still time for them to make it work with Watson.. do a better job with him.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Lmao, they gave up 3 first round picks to get him and handed him $200m guaranteed before he played a game. He had 6 games last year, the whole off-season and the Bengals game to shake off any potential rust.

Not to mention the entire sexual assault scandal.

And you're actually surprised people are on his ass and expect results?

Dude literally handed a garbage Steelers team a win last night of course he's getting criticized.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They the ones that signed him lol. I’ve seen people say they might as well keep Baker. I mean there’s still time for them to make it work with Watson.. do a better job with him.
I mean they don‘t have a choice at this point as those cap hits the next few years are ugly. For whatever reason, it’s like he’s forgotten how to play football.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Was a perfect fit in Houston :snoop:

At least he got the guarantee though :manny:

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina

This isn't a one day, next day thing for DW. He's was away from the game for 2 seasons. Came back for 6 games, had a whole off-season to train and still looks horrible. His athleticism and arm talent just aren't the same.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
He wasn't humble during the entire sexual allegations, then he got the money. I follow him on social media, it's no secret here that he was once my favorite player. He needs a lesson in humility and for some reason being investigated for sexual harassment didn't humble him...

He was always flaunting trips and spending money, the entire way thru. Posting fake deep messages. Vocally fighting back vs the women and people who believed the women, who accused him...

And even before all this, him threatening to sit an entire season before any of this came to light. Nothing humble about that. It's one thing to request a trade and be unhappy with your team. It's another thing to threaten to sit out. That shyt lacks humility and is beyond unprofessional...

In hindsight, for as poorly run as the Texans have felt in recent years, they protect Deshaun. They gave him the keys to the franchise and he took that and bit the hands who fed him. He hasn't been right since and probably won't be. He hasn't played a full season's worth of games yet, so I'm not yet writing off a turnaround bit the early signs are troubling and I don't blame the fans or the press for being on his ass...