Watson being traded to the Browns; 5yr/230mil

calh45

Cal
Daps
It doesn’t need to be all or nothing though. Fans can enjoy a sport and support their team while also speaking out when an athlete does something harmful. If something bad happens to a thing you enjoy, then I think the answer is to shed light on it and speak out, not to just find something else. Sarah Spain didn’t say she was gonna stop watching unless I missed something, but I see nothing wrong with her complaints.

I’m a lifelong Browns fan but I’m not gonna blindly support Watson or just be quiet about his allegations now that he’s on the team I like the most. I doubt I’ll ever feel good about dude being here, and I don’t have the perfect answer, but that doesn’t mean i should automatically stop watching a sport I enjoy because athletes do bad things off the field. It’s not that cut and dry. Nobody is saying it has to be a Disney movie but people/fans also don’t have to just accept how it is when bad stuff happens (although clearly most of them will).

Honestly the dismissive attitude still shown by a lot of brehs on here (not you personally) regarding the accusations bothers me much more than any virtue signaling. Fans are always gonna complain, at least here they’re complaining about serious.

I'm not even close to dismissive of the allegations, but in this case it's a story everyone knew was going to come to this conclusion. We all knew it. He was going to be traded and extended by whomever traded for him. My extreme disdain is more specific to the reporters/commentators because I have SEEN them turn blind eyes on something as it benefits them......OR if it's one of their friends involved. Michelle Beadle used to clam up super quick if it involves her homies. I'm sure Sarah did the same and even held stories from seeing the light of day even if it went against their moral codes.

I can appreciate you being honest about being uncomfortable, because that's the honest and fair reaction, but I see this type of "I'm oUT on tHe BrOwNs" just as performative as burning Lebron jerseys when he went to Miami. It's just people riding an anger wave, but knowing if the Browns are in the Super Bowl next year they'll have a #4 jersey.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"The full $230 million is guaranteed, sources said, setting a record for highest guarantee given to an NFL player."

Finally they are catching up to MLB and NBA contracts
Get that paper black man:whew:

You gotta fully guarantee it to entice a nikka to go from Houston to Cleveland :russ:

What did Joakim Noah :noah: say about Cleveland?

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The team he was traded to and the big contract were a surprise to me. Now the Browns will have to deal with Mayfield.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:

The virtue signaling only applies when the athlete is black. No one in Pittsburgh or the national media brings up Ben's transgressions but hop on Reddit and see how many people are calling Deshaun a rapist. He'll have that label attached to him forever the same way they did Kobe or Vick.

If these guys really did something foul they wouldn't be in the league anymore so all this moralism is fake.
Reddit is literally filled with jokes/comments about Roethlisberger’s rape accusation right now.
I'm not even close to dismissive of the allegations, but in this case it's a story everyone knew was going to come to this conclusion. We all knew it. He was going to be traded and extended by whomever traded for him. My extreme disdain is more specific to the reporters/commentators because I have SEEN them turn blind eyes on something as it benefits them......OR if it's one of their friends involved. Michelle Beadle used to clam up super quick if it involves her homies. I'm sure Sarah did the same and even held stories from seeing the light of day even if it went against their moral codes.

I can appreciate you being honest about being uncomfortable, because that's the honest and fair reaction, but I see this type of "I'm oUT on tHe BrOwNs" just as performative as burning Lebron jerseys when he went to Miami. It's just people riding an anger wave, but knowing if the Browns are in the Super Bowl next
year they'll have a #4 jersey.
My bad, I wasn’t saying you were dismissive of the accusations at all, you’re a much more reasonable poster than that. I was saying a majority of the other brehs on here were way too quick to write it all off and that’s really sticking with me.

I fully agree with you about the rest, you’re right that we ended up at the expected conclusion and it’s hard to reconcile it every time. And I hear your about the reporters turning a blind eye, I probably gave Sarah Spain more credit than she deserves. All of that bothers me too so I see where you’re coming from now.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Falcons fans coming out of hiding these past 3 days
pride-march-dancing.gif

Falcons fans going back into hiding the past hour
tenor.gif
:laff:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Damn didn't know Watson's contract was fully guaranteed. :huhldup::lupe: . Haslem made that happen for sure.

Happy that he's able to continue his career but honestly this is such a Browns move. Just as a human being, Watson gotta be shook almost losing his career and his freedom. Who knows if he's still the same player. Also hope he likes the cold: AFC North after Thanksgiving is brutal.