Watson being traded to the Browns; 5yr/230mil

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They are serious, but I just don't take virtue signaling seriously anymore. Athletes are fukked up people. If you have issues with fukked up people becoming millionaires by playing a sport then don't watch or cover sports. It's all pretend for the sake of the internet, but when the season starts they'll be fukking watching especially Sarah Spain and that jackass from Lebatard show and especially the jackasses on Reddit. All of those opinions were prewritten to ride a wave of outrage but if they really have an issue they need to stop watching all sports and don't report on it anymore.

Everyone watching sports needs to stop pretending this is Remember the Titans or Hoosiers. I'm kinda over that take.
It doesn’t need to be all or nothing though. Fans can enjoy a sport and support their team while also speaking out when an athlete does something harmful. If something bad happens to a thing you enjoy, then I think the answer is to shed light on it and speak out, not to just find something else. Sarah Spain didn’t say she was gonna stop watching unless I missed something, but I see nothing wrong with her complaints.

I’m a lifelong Browns fan but I’m not gonna blindly support Watson or just be quiet about his allegations now that he’s on the team I like the most. I doubt I’ll ever feel good about dude being here, and I don’t have the perfect answer, but that doesn’t mean i should automatically stop watching a sport I enjoy because athletes do bad things off the field. It’s not that cut and dry. Nobody is saying it has to be a Disney movie but people/fans also don’t have to just accept how it is when bad stuff happens (although clearly most of them will).

Honestly the dismissive attitude still shown by a lot of brehs on here (not you personally) regarding the accusations bothers me much more than any virtue signaling. Fans are always gonna complain, at least here they’re complaining about serious.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
“Hey don this is Mike first time caller long listener, hey Mike I’m not liking the direction the NFL is going, the NFL is just throwing money around and they are starting to become like the NBA, I like how the NFL use to be”. :mjpls:

yo a caller on Mike and Mike dead ass just said that shyt word for word :mjlol:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn’t need to be all or nothing though. Fans can enjoy a sport and support their team while also speaking out when an athlete does something harmful. If something bad happens to a thing you enjoy, then I think the answer is to shed light on it and speak out, not to just find something else. Sarah Spain didn’t say she was gonna stop watching unless I missed something, but I see nothing wrong with her complaints.

I’m a lifelong Browns fan but I’m not gonna blindly support Watson or just be quiet about his allegations now that he’s on the team I like the most. I doubt I’ll ever feel good about dude being here, and I don’t have the perfect answer, but that doesn’t mean i should automatically stop watching a sport I enjoy because athletes do bad things off the field. It’s not that cut and dry. Nobody is saying it has to be a Disney movie but people/fans also don’t have to just accept how it is when bad stuff happens (although clearly most of them will).

Honestly the dismissive attitude still shown by a lot of brehs on here (not you personally) regarding the accusations bothers me much more than any virtue signaling. Fans are always gonna complain, at least here they’re complaining about serious.

:comeon:

The virtue signaling only applies when the athlete is black. No one in Pittsburgh or the national media brings up Ben's transgressions but hop on Reddit and see how many people are calling Deshaun a rapist. He'll have that label attached to him forever the same way they did Kobe or Vick.

If these guys really did something foul they wouldn't be in the league anymore so all this moralism is fake.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Real spill, Watson would’ve been a complete fool to turn that deal down especially in a sport where you’re 1 play away from having a career ending injury. Also the Browns have a good squad, Baker was the weak link. Watson is only 25-26 years old and will still be in his early 30’s when he’s up for this next contract that can be even bigger.

Dude got resources…It ain’t like he broke and is stuck living in Cleveland. He can live in any city he wants during the off season. :russ: