Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
the US needs to shed this middle class soccer mom image in America if the US really wants to become a powerhouse.

soccer_mom1.jpg
problem is all the true athletes in america are black and all them nikkas playing football and bball

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
us or really any nation in the world can be a soccer powerhouse

its just it requires a lot of dedication. soccer is a skill sport and you have to have kids dedicate their life to it.
I mean, unlike football where an olineman can start playing football in late high school or even college, if you never played soccer before 13, youre never going to be a good player, let alone world class

all it requires is a youth academy infrastructure and love for soccer. you see them brazilians swaggin out there ? them kids be poor as fukk playing soccer in between picking up guns and slummin it out.

theres really two ways for it. either have unequivocal love for soccer like in brazil or have an amazing infrastructure where kids are taken in when theyre 7-9 and raised from the ground up

with the current collegiate and high school system in place, US will never have a chance. a soccer player at 22 is already a well formed player. a special player will start playing at like 17 and show it.

the closest thing infrastructure and culture wise to soccer US has is bball. a baseball player usually peaks at 27 and could spend his 20s in the minors and then break out. football also. soccer is a youth game where you need to dedicate your life to it and young talents stand out at 15-17.

at 14-16 best american talents have no business in school or university. they should be playing in youth academies in europe for the lack of our own academies, and playing for lesser clubs in europe on youth contracts

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, keep this mind:

Out of 200 something countries that tried to qualify for the WC, the United States is one of 16 teams left :blessed:

Despite having a weak league, no superstar, no culture, and being given no chance after being placed into the group of death.

Spain is home
England is home
Italy is home
Portugal is home

moral victories is for minor league coaches

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is what I said a moral victory? I merely pointed out that the US has made it farther than traditional and recent powerhouses. That's a fact.
Breh its just a lazy joke, stop being so sensitive :snoop:

And you're ignoring the fact of group placements. If the groups had been slightly different then the teams in the knockout stages most likely would've been totally different. Spain is obvs still a better team than the US's for example. Obvs on paper the US's group looked tpugh as facc for them but ghana bottled it as per and portugal was just :scusthov: as a team bar ronaldo...y'all deserve to be in the knockout stages though don't think im saying you dont

But to get back to the thread, if US starts taking football seriiusly, id say it might take around 30 years to get a squad that could win the world cup...alot of you are forgetting that there are a few countries that already have all the facilities and coaching staff that you guys are "what if'ing" about with the US in place and still don't do fucc all...eg England lol

Lastly, i get what you american brehs are saying with the what if we bred players with ultra althleticism and were taught well enough to a point where they had equal skillsets to rest of the world...but sorry to break it down to you, but that still doesn't mean you'll dominate. Football is an extremely tactical sport and you can have a retarded collection of talented players and still do fucc all in the top tournaments because the teams tactics is fucced up and/or you just don't have the temperment for it for whatever reason...see man city and the champions league

Also, thinking you're going to get 11 ultra athletes suited to football that also have top tier skillsets all at one time to be in the same team together regardless of how big the talent pool is is just :patrice::dead: levels of delusion and wishful thinking....

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I don't know shyt about Soccer but this discussion is intriguing.

I got a question for the people in here which I'm sure will be considered retarded (I'd probably agree). I'm seeing a lot of posts saying that 'athleticism' (with strength/speed/explosive power being the main emphasis) and height over 6'0 are essentially meaningless in Soccer and in some cases are a detriment, while endurance and technical skill reign supreme. Could a woman conceivably become an elite player with men? Let's say she's between 5'4-5'8, has world class level endurance and is extremely proficient with handling the ball and passing. I imagine the endurance part would hold her back but I've seen posters talk about other players who aren't exactly in the greatest of shape.

marta-1.jpg

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Look at the French team. They're practically a version of what the NBA is to black folks the way their black athletes make up most of the squad. Can't wait until regular negroes here decide to jump into the soccer thing.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
There are black people in Europe. You were talking about a physical advantage you would have over the rest of the world. But are you forgetting that there are Black people on every continents ? What makes you think, then, that you would dominate football just because you more into it ?

How are you comparing this?
Black Brazilians do soccer, they are not doing basketball and track and US sports.
You are comparing apples and oranges...
Why would in general Americans be better athletes?

These questions have not been answered yet

Daps
Reppin
NULL
athleticism can make a difference in soccer, look at Gareth Bale's GWG versus Barcelona for the Spanish Cup. That run took skill and athleticism.

however people on this board follow the NFL and NBA and know that good measurable =/= good player

Charles Rodgers was athletic was a NFL bust
The Ohio State dude (can't remember his name) who was drafted by the Jets had crazy measurables too he was terrible.

Zach Lavine wowed people with athleticism was drafted high because of it, however in college he couldn't playing Time over nonathletic white PG, Jordan Adams who has like a 2 inch vertical, and slow Kyle Anderson

It took Gerald Green several d-league trips and europe stints just to become a productive role player

emoney

custom user title
Daps
@Nemesis

They will to continue to claim they don't care enough about the sport, aren't pumping enough money into it, and are not recruiting in the right places until they
get desired results.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Look at the French team. They're practically a version of what the NBA is to black folks the way their black athletes make up most of the squad. Can't wait until regular negroes here decide to jump into the soccer thing.

Yet France doesn't dominate the beautiful game

What you Americans need to realize is the game is too big and played by too many for one country to dominate. Even Brazil (the most successful nation-state at the world cup) doesn't dominate.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yet France doesn't dominate the beautiful game

What you Americans need to realize is the game is too big and played by too many for one country to dominate. Even Brazil (the most successful nation-state) doesn't dominate.
Soccer is too quirky a game for any one country to dominate, bruh. I know this. I'm really talking about being competitive and thought about as possibly winning any tournament they're in.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Lets be honest brehs, nikkas arent ever gonna stop playing basketball or American football lets keep it 100, especially as if you want to become a top player youll need to face people on your level to get better. USA prob wont ever become a force but who really cares, yall have NFL/NBA to enjoy its no biggie. This argument always comes round when the World Cup is on and you stop caring once its finished.

It is what it is.

229532.gif
You were close to touching on something and you didn't.

Its about corporations and big business.

If the money holders want Soccer to be big, it'll be big.

Trust me.

Commercial structure makes soccer what it is.

TV and media timeouts can't happen in soccer.

They can in baseball, football, and basketball.

Soccer doesn't have time for that.

So you have to change either the half-time structure of something EVERY other sport allots for, or be prepared to be logo'd out on their jerseys.