Watching this World Cup, I wish the US was a football/soccer powerhouse

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly I wish black people played soccer like we do football, basketball etc.

can you imagine a US team in the world cup full of swagged out nikkaz? imagine a nikka like JR smith celebrating after he scored a goal :laff:

rest of the world would be like :dwillhuh:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I wouldnt mind the U.S being a soccer powerhouse i do worry about how corny the U.S fans will make the games tho abroad with there lame ass USA chants and general faggitry...
Have you been to Europe? They are worse than us.

Is soccer in every school? In the U.S. soccer is an afterthought till the World Cup comes around, and then folks start saying how soccer is becoming more popular...World Cup ends and things go back to normal.

Not enough kids play the sport here...its pretty much only played in suburbs by middle class and better families.

Soccer wont really blow up here until you see it being played in the streets the same way you see pickup basketball/football.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Have you been to Europe? They are worse than us.

Is soccer in every school? In the U.S. soccer is an afterthought till the World Cup comes around, and then folks start saying how soccer is becoming more popular...World Cup ends and things go back to normal.

Not enough kids play the sport here...its pretty much only played in suburbs by middle class and better families.

Soccer wont really blow up here until you see it being played in the streets the same way you see pickup basketball/football.

Yep the crowds are live but way different than American football crowds...I think soccer is played by more americans than you give credit,theres ALOT of immigrants living in the US what do you think theyre watching and playing...

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
won't happen until the US gets a true passion for football :yeshrug: more specifically in "urban" areas.

most the the best football players around the world came from poverty. it's no coincidence one of the best players on the US team grew up in a trailer park in texas. :manny:

poor kids with no shoes play football in the streets in brazil n shyt. you don't see that in the US.

my theory has always been poor kids have a deeper passion for sports like football and basketball because when you're poor that's all you have so you play that sport from sun up to sun down which hones your skills more than middle-class kids who play it part-time.

the US needs to shed this middle class soccer mom image in America if the US really wants to become a powerhouse.

soccer_mom1.jpg

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Yep the crowds are live but way different than American football crowds...I think soccer is played by more americans than you give credit,theres ALOT of immigrants living in the US what do you think theyre watching and playing...
the immigrants you speak of arent world class athletes (for the most part).
Its not going to happen till you see cats that would normally be playing football/basketball start playing soccer.

Out best athletes play Football, basketball, baseball, & hockey because its where the money is at in this country. Plus damn near every high school is setup to support the big 3 sports. I didnt have a soccer team in my high school.

btw...Drunk Euros are the worst. I thought Americans were bad before I started to travel.
We have undeserved bad reputation for being unruly.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
w

my theory has always been poor kids have a deeper passion for sports like football and basketball because when you're poor that's all you have so you play that sport from sun up to sun down which hones your skills more than middle-class kids who play it part-time.

the US needs to shed this middle class soccer mom image in America if the US really wants to become a powerhouse.

soccer_mom1.jpg

Bears repeating.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
won't happen until the US gets a true passion for football :yeshrug: more specifically in "urban" areas.

most the the best football players around the world came from poverty. it's no coincidence one of the best players on the US team grew up in a trailer park in texas. :manny:

poor kids with no shoes play football in the streets in brazil n shyt. you don't see that in the US.

soccer_mom1.jpg
Womens Soccer is thriving off that soccer mom shyt, its Mens soccer that hasnt caught on yet breh

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody notices how same stuff get talked about in these usa/soccer threads?

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Imagine American athletes like Russell Westbrook, Percy Havin, Desean Jackson, etc playing soccer. American would win every World Cup.

That is why the world should hope that America never truly embraces soccer.
It's not always about that though my breh. Spain ran the world for like 6 years, and it was due to technical ability. We have to get coaches who know the game. Get these youngsters at 5 and 6. These other countries have kids who have been pro most of their life.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

soccer_mom1.jpg

And few of the dominant cac European powerhouses you see in the WC today have players born in poverty. Robben, Robin Van Persie, etc were not born in poverty. Neither were the the Germans. There are a variety of top players who weren't born in poverty. I doubt the majority of top European players were born in abject poverty today. Brazil is one data point. GDP is correlated with international soccer success.

Also, poor people won't train for soccer in the US when they can train for baseball, basketball or football. There's no money and too much sacrifice involved when you can just play American sports.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
a bunch of petr crouch type nikkaz aint winning nothing
LOOL at thinking the average 6ft 3 american moves like peter crouch,

one thing america has over other nations is the athletic ability,

they already play futsal ,its only a matter of time for the US